Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
I'm amazed that Apple Store openings still generate this level of excitement when everyone knows exactly what is going to be in the store!
are you? I'm not .And I used the word religion for good reason. here's an extract of a book that studies brands' effects on people's brain. appears to be especially true with apple users

Attachments

• message.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 57

ndouglas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2022
Nice looking stores. Anyone been to one lately can confirm, do they accept trade-ins in the stores? Or do they just direct you to the 3rd party system where they mail you a box, you send it in, and wait, and hope to get reimburse for what they quoted you? To me personally that is one of the top (perhaps only) reasons to physically visit an apple store, for trading-in a computer or phone etc… well of course battery / screen replacement is good too.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
I really like the idea of the Apple Watch Studio and the dedicated "Pickup" area. For busy times when it’s hard to get served, this is a great addition to a small/annoying problem they have had. Every store should have a specific location to pick up your online purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    506 KB · Views: 63

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
For me at least, the thrill of visiting an Apple Store has gone. The stores themselves look amazing, and if all you are doing is browsing the products, then it is pleasant enough. But the shopping experience never fails to fall short. It takes too long to be served and once you are served, the transaction is too quick and clinical.

What they need is a couple of people at the exit throwing glitter over customers who have purchased something, and they need to sing some sort of song to show their gratitude. Is that too much to ask when you drop $1,000+? 😂

kkee

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2023
Sydney
For me at least, the thrill of visiting an Apple Store has gone. The stores themselves look amazing, and if all you are doing is browsing the products, then it is pleasant enough. But the shopping experience never fails to fall short. It takes too long to be served and once you are served, the transaction is too quick and clinical.

What they need is a couple of people at the exit throwing glitter over customers who have purchased something, and they need to sing some sort of song to show their gratitude. Is that too much to ask when you drop $1,000+? 😂

Only if you purchased the next Vision Pro.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
They should tell the person to bring back that Classic in January and place it right next to a Vision Pro … 😊
What do these people actually do while there?

"Hi there, look what I've done! Are you impressed with how clever I am sticking the new OS on a vintage Apple box?"

"Oh hey that's nice. But did you actually have an actual reason to be in store today? Like buying something, or have something non-vintage we're actually allowed to fix under company policy?"

"Erm, no nothing. But look...it's the new OS on an old Apple II...what do you think?"

"Yes very clever sir. Erm, excuse me while I serve this person that actually needs something fixing. Do come again, bye now."

Seriously, why bother. If showing-off is important, surely people in a computer club are actually going to be interested, rather than Apple Store staff trying to serve customers with their needs. 🙄

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
are you? I'm not .And I used the word religion for good reason. here's an extract of a book that studies brands' effects on people's brain. appears to be especially true with apple users
Sit in their “Cinema” theatre while waiting and you will be indoctrinated with their “religion” and beliefs. Their “Evangelist” are more than JUST trying to sell you their products.

Like their products, but don’t care so much about their world view or religion. Yes, it is a religion more so than a business for some now-a-days…

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
Sit in their “Cinema” theatre while waiting and you will be indoctrinated with their “religion” and beliefs. Their “Evangelist” are more than JUST trying to sell you their products.

Like their products, but don’t care so much about their world view or religion. Yes, it is a religion more so than a business for some now-a-days…
I know :)

Oh the study was conducted in 2011, so it's not exactly new . But yes in order to defend a megacorp you'd have to like being sodomized for sure

Reactions: loby and brucemr

lori99

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2023
So disgusting that Apple's allowed to take old historic buildings and turn them into places for Timmy to further enhance his wealth
Apple wasn’t “allowed” to restore the Battersea Power Station. Rather, it was developers, planning authorities and local authorities who gentrified the area. It was only later that Apple decided to become one of the key tenants in the new spaces created. Also, compared to the previously decaying state of the building and its surroundings, I’d argue that the investments in redeveloping the area have lifted up the entire site while respecting and maintaining its historic features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.