Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
So that means one hasn't been announced at WWDC since 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6s, or SE.. I'm seeing a pattern here.

The statement Apple never releases iPhones at WWDC remains incorrect, irrespective of patterns since. Don't get me wrong, there is about as much chance of new iPhones appearing Monday as there is Samsung creating something original.

American Hero

Suspended
Jan 25, 2016
And people are buying Samsung meanwhile because they have zero taste. What's new.

Your post should be considered harassment because it's an obvious attempt to rile people up with heavy amounts of ignorance, or pretend ignorance.
[doublepost=1465422427][/doublepost]
I agree the iPhone has better design..

But a lot of people just don't care about design when it comes to their phone. Especially since they immediately put a case on it.

In what world? The iPhone 6 series phones are the ugliest phones on the market. Just look at the back of them.
[doublepost=1465422609][/doublepost]
Eh, for gadget nerds maybe. Most people have no idea that WWDC exists. They just like their phone or they don't.

They're not speaking from the average person's point of view.

We wouldn't have sites like MacRumors if everyone was considered the average user.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avalontor

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
I think Monday will be make-it-or-break-it for them.

Only in the minds of some MR visitors would WWDC, a conference for developers, make or break Apple.

The vast majority of Apple's customers won't even know, or care, that it took place.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Brian White has been wrong on 95% of his predictions. So don't put to much credibility into his opinion and you won't be disappointed
Enough said

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
If supplies of the SE were not so constrained their numbers would have been better!

This I agree with. I'm willing to bet that Apple purposefully holds back production or stock to falsely make people think it's in such high demand.

James

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
I posted this in another thread, but it does feel a lot like 2013. There's a lot of negativity and short-term outlook dominating Apple sentiment.

The last time that happened, Apple came roaring back with the 6 and 6 plus.

Apple is a money making machine with little downside risk and huge upside potential.. Apple Watch, VR, auto and health are massive opportunities... not to mention the eventual easing of some economic headwinds and easier YoY comparisons.

Reactions: myscrnnm

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
Totally disagree. I think Apple's doom and gloom days are only just beginning.

They found their wave and they've ridden it incredibly well, but they just aren't changing with the times. It's the beginning of a long and slippery slope.

ConnorMcJeebus

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
You don't? Lol. I look at eyes, smile, shoes, phone, and clothes in that order. If a pretty girl has at least three of those qualities up, it's time to move to stage 2 - Personality.

Don't lie - stage 2 is pretending you even had a chance at stage 1 ;)

Reactions: Fancuku

Oliverhay

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Forgot my pants.
HAHAHAHAH Got to love apple forums... Defending into super judgeyness. Keep it up, its hilarious!
[doublepost=1465427395][/doublepost]I'd like to talk about all the silence regarding products. Remember before the iPhone was released, no one saw it coming. Perhaps this is a similar situation and they are about to release something completely transformational!
However, I do doubt this. Its been years since an iPhone was released without the design leaked months before, their capacity for surprise has diminished.

So does that mean we should be legitimately worried about Apple's future as an innovation powerhouse?
They have cash, they aren't going away for years, other people have already stated that above. But they do need to come up with a revolutionary new product offering. I'm betting smart house tech!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
You don't? Lol. I look at eyes, smile, shoes, phone, and clothes in that order. If a pretty girl has at least three of those qualities up, it's time to move to stage 2 - Personality.

Where's money? I would shift personality down to stage 3, unless you think shoes and phone are reflections of people's finances, which they aren't.
[doublepost=1465428553][/doublepost]
Apple is still making lots of money and they have enough ca$h to buy some nations or corporations if they wanted.

This is misleading. The majority of Apple's "cash" is held overseas. It cannot be used unless it is first repatriated, which would put a not insignificant dent into that "cash". Apple does not want to pay these taxes, leaving the money largely unavailable "to buy some nations or corporations."

Oliverhay

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
This is misleading. The majority of Apple's "cash" is held overseas. It cannot be used unless it is first repatriated, which would put a not insignificant dent into that "cash". Apple does not want to pay these taxes, leaving the money largely unavailable "to buy some nations or corporations."

They only need to pay US tax if they want to spend it in the US. It is perfectly positioned to buy overseas countries + corporations as it is now! I think the original statement is perfectly correct.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I think Monday will be make-it-or-break-it for them.

If "peak iPhone" has happened two quarters ago then Apple is already broken. Monday is hardly an apocalyptic event. It's just another WWDC, business as usual. It may be exciting for devs. and people interested in a peak at the new OSes but I don't expect it to be interesting from a consumer perspective -- they haven't been in a long time.

People around here always get hyped up before WWDC then complain how boring it was afterwards because Apple didn't drag out the unicorns, just dogs and ponies. But that is what WWDC is. It's rarely about hardware anymore. A good refinement and dejunking of iOS would be beautiful. I think Apple said they would start to let users remove stock apps. in iOS 10. That would be a good start to me.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
But they do need to come up with a revolutionary new product offering. I'm betting smart house tech!

And yet... in this same thread... people are saying Apple needs to stop venturing into other categories and instead should focus on iPhone/iOS/Mac/OSX etc.

They can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time :D

Bayshun

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2014
All this talk about moving humanity forward with a phone and judging people based on their phones may be the stupidest ****ing discussion I've ever seen on MacRumors.

And that's saying a lot.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
Unless I find a great deal on a used iPhone 6 Plus, my iPhone 6 is going to last until the 2017 model.
IMO this will be an issue with the forthcoming 2016 iPhone. If it looks almost identical aesthetically to the 2015 and 2014 versions, I would think most casual consumers who are oblivious to specs will opt for the slightly older and cheaper version.

Last edited:

Oliverhay

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
And yet... in this same thread... people are saying Apple needs to stop venturing into other categories and instead should focus on iPhone/iOS/Mac/OSX etc.

They can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time :D
Well the last software updates have been average at best in my opinion. I do not think they can develop sustainable growth with software alone.
I accept that taking a stab at like 21 new areas will not deliver for them so I think they need to choose one and devote significant attention it it.

iPads are done.. consumption devices only. We need a new user interface, i'd be so keen for a fresh look at touch?
Smart homes.. absolutely. Build the hardware and software ecosystem.
The car is a bit meh.. seems way outside their area of expertise.
I think if they don't make new industries as they have done in the past, they'll stagnate.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Just concerned Apple is spreading themselves too thin. Too many fronts. Sony made that mistake in the past. Apple should focus more on iOS/iDevices/Mac/services and less on watches, rumored car and Music.
You can't be concerned over the car rumor because you don't know how many resources they are putting into it. And Music is a service that generates a lot of money for them so why would they spend less time on it?

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
Your post should be considered harassment because it's an obvious attempt to rile people up with heavy amounts of ignorance, or pretend ignorance.
[doublepost=1465422427][/doublepost]

In what world? The iPhone 6 series phones are the ugliest phones on the market. Just look at the back of them.
[doublepost=1465422609][/doublepost]

They're not speaking from the average person's point of view.

We wouldn't have sites like MacRumors if everyone was considered the average user.
Really, and you comment isn't harassment? "Your post should be considered harassment because it's an obvious attempt to rile people up with heavy amounts of ignorance, or pretend ignorance."
It's an opinion that stacks up. The design lines of Sumsung devices are either garish with little appreciation for simplicity while simultaneously attempting to copy Apple iPhone products in part and doing it poorly. I agree iPhone 6/6s is the worst designed iPhone with antenna bands and protruding cameras not to mention and awkwardly placed sleep wake button etc. But check out that even poorer S7 with its copy cat speaker holes, that undesirable back camera framing, those off centred and misaligned camera and sensors on the front, not to mention curved glass with added surface reflection and without much sense or reason. This quote really sums up my thoughts about what Sumsung is not and what Apple is: "Ultimately, it comes down to taste. It comes down to trying to expose yourself to the best things that humans have done and then try to bring those things into what you’re doing."
[doublepost=1465439057][/doublepost]
Exactly.

Phoenixx

Suspended
Jul 3, 2015
Really. Samsung devices aesthetically are tasteless. Bling and flash in the pan designs.
As apposed to Apple's totally tasteless design. The only iPhone that looks nice is the space grey one. All the ones with a white front look absolutely ghastly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.