Apple's Former Beats Music Service Officially Ending on November 30

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 12, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's former Beats Music streaming service will be officially shuttered on November 30, 2015, according to a new support document posted today on the Beats Music support site. All existing Beats Music subscriptions will be canceled at that time, with any remaining customers being encouraged to switch over to Apple Music.

[​IMG]
    Sonos is also sending out emails to customers letting them know the Beats Music service is ending on November 30. Apple Music currently does not work with the Sonos system, but support is in the works and slated to launch before the end of 2015. Sonos is advising its users to move their Beats Music accounts to Apple Music to save their playlists.

Beats Music subscribers on iOS were largely transitioned to Apple Music when the Apple Music service first launched, and with the launch of the Apple Music app for Android devices, Android users can also transition to a fully functional Apple Music app.

The final closure of Beats Music comes as no surprise now that it's been folded into Apple Music. The Beats Music service has not accepted new subscribers since Apple Music launched in June.

(Thanks, Lou!)

Article Link: Apple's Former Beats Music Service Officially Ending on November 30

2. JCrz macrumors 6502

Everything related to Apple Music is a big mess.

3. applelover4u macrumors 6502

4. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

Everyone know this would happen when apple bought beats. Just took longer than i expected

5. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Question becomes, will Apple fill the void on ATV3 with Music?

6. AngerDanger, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

I'M hesitant & FEEL LIKE Apple hasn't done enough WITH Apple Music TO justify discontinuing this service.

7. macfoxpro macrumors 6502

Yeah, but iPad Pro doesn't have a file system.
    All is lost!!

8. tito2020 macrumors 6502a

9. SteveBlobs macrumors member

I guess now we know how long it takes to flush $3 billion down a toilet.

10. uid15, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015

uid15 Suspended

uid15

Beat THAT.

Taking a trending trending discussion, parroting it and hoping for up-votes? :D

11. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Agreed. They should shutter Apple Music while they're at it. Total disaster.

12. flat five, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

flat five macrumors 603

flat five

how so? it's redundant..

they kept beats app around for people on pre iOS 8.4 (which is required for apple music).. so the news you're seeing now is that if you're going to continue using the service, you need to update your os.

13. Kingpcgeek macrumors newbie

Kingpcgeek

Funny that I was notified of this by Sonos, not Apple.

Not sure where to go next. I need a $15 family plan. Sonos doesn't support Apple Music yet, Google Play Music hasn't said when their price will go to $15 and it is only rumours that Spotify will offer a $15 family plan.

14. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

15. NickD73 macrumors regular

NickD73

Purchasing Beats was clearly di-worsification. Companies who sit on too much cash tend to do it.

Beats: An over-priced, image driven brand who sells a physically appealing product with underperforming specs. Sounds a lot like Apple these days.

16. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

They should've kept the Beats service in its own app and not cram it into the default music app on iOS.

17. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

the topic is in regards to beatsMusic
    http://www.beatsmusic.com

that said, i own a pair of beats (studio) and anybody saying "those are crappy sounding headphones" is either-- lying, never listened through them, or trolling.
    ; )

18. zooby, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  19. NickD73, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015

NickD73 macrumors regular

NickD73

Beats sells good stuff, but you can find much better value out there. With Beats you're paying a premium for the image. Would rather spend $50 more and get Bose or Sennheiser. That or spend $100 less and get some decent JVC quality headphones.

Beats sells good stuff, but you can find much better value out there. With Beats you're paying a premium for the image. Would rather spend $50 more and get Bose or Sennheiser. That or spend $100 less and get some decent JVC quality headphones.

20. freepomme Suspended

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

I listen to the older Apple radio occasionally.

22. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Now get rid of the ridiculously large Beats One banner and give us back the ability add favorites to the Radio.

24. teslo macrumors 6502a

teslo

yeah, i really have to try them out, cause i enjoy despising beats. any review i read proclaims they're better than the beats average but still just beats. 'audiophile' isn't a trendy term, it's a real condition. and an expensive one.