Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoreRumors?

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2018
LOL, of course it is a top seller when you don't include this accessory and these cords aren't durable either. Not everyone wants to listen to music via Bluetooth due to the cost and/or having to recharge it. This is why Apple did away with the headphone jack, to make more money. I'm sure if we did a survey of all buyers and ask why they purchase it, we'll know the true reason of why it is a top seller.

Reactions: aylk

ambientdaw

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2016
Sonoma County CA
Apple is just WRONG! Their **** is elegant until you have to plug everything in. I have a Superdrive cluttering my desk; USB hub's and powers supplies cluttering my desk and floor; Firewire to TB adapters that are built like crap and keep failing. Mismatches in the family between iPhones and cables for charging and listening. THE FUTURE IS TAKING WAY TOO LONG. Yes, first world problems, but constantly annoying. BAD FORM APPLE.

Reactions: aylk

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
I've entered this century, gone wireless. wireless earphones, iCloud, speakers, trackpad, keyboard. Love it, so convenient. One cable to plug into a dock for power/video, audio, external disks. Instead of lots of cables? who knew how convenient that would be? I can see someone who travels with a bazillion devices being frustrated, but why so many devices to travel? less devices == more convenient.

Reactions: Will.O.Bie

technole

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
More like people should get the courage to buy something like BeatsX or other bluetooth wireless instead of spending so much money replacing them.

Reactions: spinnyd

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
Apple is just WRONG! Their **** is elegant until you have to plug everything in. I have a Superdrive cluttering my desk; USB hub's and powers supplies cluttering my desk and floor; Firewire to TB adapters that are built like crap and keep failing. Mismatches in the family between iPhones and cables for charging and listening. THE FUTURE IS TAKING WAY TOO LONG. Yes, first world problems, but constantly annoying. BAD FORM APPLE.
some of that **** is really old. firewire? that went dead slow after USB 3 cam out. Really old iPhones? Oh,,,,,your joking. LOL good one

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
"truly wireless future" 2nd best selling Apple product: a wire.

First best selling product: wireless. So, they are going great. Those who are not about the wireless just yet, have the adapter. It is pretty simple and I am happy to see these statistics that make sense. Consumers are lapping up the wireless, so the truly wireless future is coming from that standpoint.

Those that are not willing to be a part of that future just yet (myself included), we use the adapter and have fun as usual.

Reactions: spinnyd

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Doesn't really surprise me that the same people whining about removing the headphone jack are the type of people that will lose the adapter it comes with and need to buy another one.

I have more than one so I can leave it attached to the listening device instead of carrying it around with my iPhone. I just use it to hook my iPhone up to my car stereo.

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
A true wired replacement for the 3.5mm headphone jack should be royalty free and open standard, not controlled by one company.

Reactions: kazmac

Guy Clark

Suspended
Nov 28, 2013
London United Kingdom.
'Apple's Headphone Jack Adapter Remains a Top Seller'

But of course it is as Apple have taking away the vital element of a port to plug wired headphones in to make them work.

Just the same as all the insane docking station solutions on MacBooks because of USB-C.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
I still have two that are still in the packaging that they came in with the phones I've bought. Never to be used.
Airpods are a thing you know.

More like people should get the courage to buy something like BeatsX or other bluetooth wireless instead of spending so much money replacing them.

Oh right. I forgot, we were all supposed to throw our existing wired headphones into the landfill. Silly me!

euvnairb

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
Goleta, CA
Let's be real, the only reason Apple removed the headphone jack is because they wanted to sell more airpods. There's a reason why airpods are number one on this list. Removing the headphone jack did absolutely nothing for the iphone itself.

Reactions: aylk and Porco

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Apple's fastest growing product category.

Apple%20Adapter%20Mayhem.jpg
Apple over engineering at its finest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nieval
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.