Apple's HomePod Delivery Estimate Slips to February 13 in UK, Launch Day Orders Still Available From Resellers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's HomePod pre-launch stock showed the first signs of dwindling supply on Monday. Customers in the U.K. placing new pre-orders on the company's regional online store can now expect deliveries of Apple's smart speaker to arrive no earlier than Tuesday, February 13, three days after the official launch day this Friday.

In the United States and Australia, where HomePod is also launching this week, shipping estimates for the smart speaker in both White and Space Gray colors are still listed as Friday, February 9.

Despite the slip in Apple's delivery date, U.K. residents can still get hold of a HomePod on launch day by pre-ordering online from authorized Apple resellers. At the time of writing, stock is listed as available at Argos, EE, and Currys PC World. John Lewis will also be accepting HomePod pre-orders from 8pm GMT on Wednesday, February 7.

Last week, Apple's first batch of pre-order customers began receiving notifications from their banks about being charged for their orders, with many located in the U.K. Apple began taking orders for the HomePod on January 26 in the United States ($349), U.K. (£319), and Australia ($499). Later this spring, the HomePod will also launch in France and Germany.

Article Link: Apple's HomePod Delivery Estimate Slips to February 13 in UK, Launch Day Orders Still Available From Resellers

tillathenun

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
Kent, UK
HomePod announcement: "Meh"
HomePod release: "Yeah, I'll get a couple, might be cool"
HomePod delay: "WHHHHHHAAAA?! Nooo!"

Edit: Ahh, I thought existing orders were delayed. I should learn how to read. Still getting mine on Friday. And relax...

Last edited:

itsmilo

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2016
Europe
Why is it not out in Canada yet? Surely if Siri can understand english it should not have an issue with a little word like „aboooooot“

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mansu944

kissmo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
I am just curious if anyone in US got their hands on the HomePod.
I couldn't find any unboxing videos on YouTube but honestly I don't remember when the shipments started for US.

Anyway, long time to wait in E Europe for the product to be available.... and considering the mental taxes HU has... I will probably pick one up much later on when I travel to W Europe.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Any idea when we might start getting proper reviews? Not just the quick preview thing.
Reviews are normally embargoed until a few days before the product is released.
I think you've already answered your own question. :)

At a guess I'd say Wednesday.
[doublepost=1517834490][/doublepost]
I couldn't find any unboxing videos on YouTube but honestly I don't remember when the shipments started for US.
First deliveries are scheduled for this Friday, the same as here. UK customers should start reviving deliveries a few hours before our US friends start getting their's.

Reactions: Marekul and kissmo

robjulo

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
You mean in the one hour, tightly controlled Apple demos with hand picked media? Yes, I'm sure those "hands on" reviews are totally reliable and not biased at all.

So? those who want Sonos can buy them, however the HomePod is said to sound better (from the early hands on) plus this is an Apple speaker.

Recognition

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2013
Does this mean Apple are artificially restricting stock to create fake demand, or nobody is buying them?!

Can some Apple haters make something up and answer this!

Reactions: gnasher729