Apple's iPhone Easily Named 'Best-Selling Tech Product of 2017'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 29, 2017.

1. sidewinder3000 macrumors 6502a

sidewinder3000

First: because Samsung names them differently and sells them as can moleey different lines, that’s why. iPhones are one line. Second: If those numbers are to be believed, grouping them wouldn’t matter. Samsung sold $33 million Notes. That seems low to me, but if it’s accurate, it probably wouldn’t matter if they grouped them anyway.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 31, 2017 ---
    People who don’t own them don’t get it! They’re a game changer.
    Even better: remove the bezels like the iPhone X and keep the SE aluminum sides and form factor. Probably won’t happen, but I’d love a bezeless iPhone with the classic iPhone 4 design.
    It cracks me up when people who have no idea what they’re talking about act so confident. If you actually read the article, you’d know that it’s about which was the top selling product (iPhone) not “which company sold the most phones, including sh!tty sub-$300 ones”.
    The same angry, irrational haters who say that The Last Jedi is worse than the prequels.
    I’ve been turning on 20 different lights in my house for years using Siri, as well as requesting songs, cuing up movies, sending emails and texts, setting appointments and reminders, surfing the web... welcome to the party.
    Get wise. Retailers are free to discount prices to consumers, but that doesn’t change the value of the phone, or what they pay Apple for it. The J3 is a cheaper phone that’s in a different, lower category. Samsung lists the J3 on their site for $149. Apple lists the iPhone SE for $349 on their site. Writing “period” doesn’t make your weak argument or lack or retail insight any more effective.
    Not sure what these inconsistencies and “frame drops” are that you’re talking about. My iPhone X is fast as hell and iOS 11 runs like butter on it. Can you be more specific?

2. sidewinder3000 macrumors 6502a

sidewinder3000

It’s like TiVo back in the day—you didn’t know why you needed one until you owned it. Then you’d never give it up.

3. MadeMyDay macrumors regular

MadeMyDay

Weeks before the iPhone X was to be released, a T-Mobile salesperson that personally owned a iPhone 8 speculated that when people see that the iPhone X has the "same" features as the 8, they would sell more iPhone 8s. Fortunately, she wasn't charged with maintaining inventory.

4. Vjosullivan macrumors 6502

Vjosullivan

What are the overall iPhone vs Android phone figures for 2017?

5. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

Notch is absolutely fine and lack of home button? Lets just say it is just as annoying as the lack of 3.5mm headphone jack which I am missing it like a salt in my eyes.
    Going back to home button feels quite old. But I don't expect people who have not used it to understand this.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 1, 2018 ---
    You mean combine all the trashy £50 plastic phones Samsung sell in one group with high end Galaxy phones? Yeah, that would probably be fair according to some.

6. Marcus1984 macrumors newbie

Marcus1984

What if Apple just told which iPhone sold the most and how many...
    Think that would’ve changed anything on this list?
    Except for the 223 million number...