Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Engadget just received these from some Chinese website!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/apples-magic-trackpad-revealed/

magictrack3big.jpg

magictrack2big.jpg

magictrack1big.jpg

Looks pretty legit, and very plausible. We'll find out in a few hours!

:apple:

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
I will buy this in a heartbeat for my Mac mini media center. Much better for sitting on the couch than a Mighty Mouse.

Comment

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
I will buy this in a heartbeat for my Mac mini media center. Much better for sitting on the couch than a Mighty Mouse.

Exactly, I've always wanted one for my iMac. Couple this with BetterTouchTool and the possibilities are endless!

Comment

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
i would have preferred this over the magic mouse... but i already bought that.. and use with BetterTouchTool.. (awesomeness)

indeed - doesn't this "replace" the magic mouse then?

what are the advantages of having a mouse over as trackpad? (or vice versa)

Comment

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
what are the advantages of having a mouse over as trackpad? (or vice versa)

At least dragging is easier with a mouse. With a trackpad you often have to hold the button down with one hand and use the other to move the cursor.

Comment

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
but this trackpad thing.. its one big button as well.. so you just click down and drag..

I was talking about my experience with my MBP trackpad. Often when I have to drag something into the trashcan for example it's hard to keep the button pressed and drag, you often end up at the edge and then you have to use another hand to move the cursor.

Comment

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Going by the regulatory labels at the bottom of the iTrack...it's roughly 5:4 ratio, 6.6" wide, 5.3" tall, making it roughly 8.5" diagonal.

Comment

autumnmike

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
well duh!? bout freaking time. tomorrow is going to be awesome. this will be a nice add-on. and perfect, cause it will mean different things to different people. lounge surfing here i come.

Comment

intel

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2005
Front page material?
Yes, no?
I longed for the day to come to no longer have a mouse and keyboard on my desk.
Magic mouse is hardly magic. It's painful, you get severe RSI from using it. I will gladly cut my losses with the magic mouse and buy that track pad.

Comment

drummerlondonw3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
London
I am very surprised this is not front page, but I guess Arn & co are checking to see if its legit.

personally I have always seen this as the natural evolution, like many others

should be great !

Comment

smiddlehurst

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2007
Please please please be real. Providing it works as well as the current gen Macbook Pro trackpads I'd love this both for home (there's a Mac Mini purchase in my future) and at work if Apple decide to release Windows drivers for it.

Plus it just looks cool :D

Comment

CJM

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2005
U.K.

Thissss :D Currently such a pain having to get up close to the TV to faff about with the laptop and change programmes, etc.

Would go very nicely with the Bluetooth keyboard.

Comment

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I am very surprised this is not front page, but I guess Arn & co are checking to see if its legit.

personally I have always seen this as the natural evolution, like many others

should be great !

Or they're sleeping. :p

It's a nice peripheral but not something I'll need unless I get an iMac instead of a notebook the net time I get a computer.

Comment

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
The more I think about it, the more I think I'd want one of these. Sounds like a great idea. Especially when integrated with 3rd party apps like BetterTouchTool as some have suggested!

iWant ;)

Comment

Ash9414

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2010
United Kingdom
I think I would still want a Magic Mouse instead of this new trackpad if it was released because I would already have a trackpad on my MBP and I prefer the precision that the mouse can produce over the external trackpad shown above. This is just my needs though and hopefully the Magic Mouse will drop in price if this was released.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.