Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Several MacRumors readers have reported receiving shipping notices from Apple indicating that their Magic Mouse orders have been shipped. At its introduction, Apple announced that while the new multi-touch Magic Mouse is bundled with Apple's new iMac models, the mouse would not be available for standalone purchase until the end of October. The new shipping notices suggest that Apple will be meeting that goal, although customers are still waiting for the device to appear in retail stores.

Apple yesterday released a pair of software updates that will allow Snow Leopard and Leopard users to access the full range of functions on the Magic Mouse. Full support for the Magic Mouse is also apparently being built into Apple's forthcoming Mac OS X 10.6.2 update, which will eliminate the need for future mouse purchasers to install the separate mouse update once that Snow Leopard update is released.

Article Link: Apple's Multi-Touch Magic Mouse Now Shipping

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
That's nice. I wonder how much longer until the complaints thread starts.

LMAO! :D

Well a Bluetooth Update 1.0 for Windows came out just at this moment for Boot Camp users. Sadly no good since I am not using Boot Camp (which one day I would love to once I get a iMac with more Hard Drive space or upgrade my Hard Drive and Memory on my iMac late 2006 version).

Getting back to the article this just hints out 10.6.2 might be near for a release, I am just hoping soon, but no rage for me if it doesn't.

GreenFreaK

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
middle mouse button

I read on the reviews on apple's website that this mouse doesn't have a middle mouse button. Can anyone verify that? Does anyone know if this mouse will be able to support 3-button clicks?

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
More form over function from Apple.

One could say that's their whole ideals across their range of products?

I haven't used the mouse but I am purchasing it on Friday, well either that or a mighty mouse. I doubt the Magic mouse can be THAT bad :apple:

Eclipse278

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
I went to the apple store today to try it and it was a lot better than I expected! For casual computer use, it is actually quite nice.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Mine is prepared for shipment. Hope it shows up quick!

As far as the functionality. I am going to try it as a design mouse. If it doesn't work, it will just get sent back.

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
To me the name sounds like something you'd see on a 3am infomercial!
"order the Magic Mouse now as seen on tv all for 3 easy payments of 19.95"
haha :rolleyes:

They were going to call it the ShamWow, but, like Mighty Mouse, that name, too, was taken.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
"order the Magic Mouse now as seen on tv all for 3 easy payments of 19.95"
But wait — there's more! If you order in the next 10 minutes we'll throw in these FREE Two AA batteries, a $10 value!

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! Well also include this professionally designed Printed documentation for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

That's the Magic Mouse, Two AA batteries, AND Printed documentation. A $200 value all for three easy payments of $19.95! ORDER NOW!!!

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
But wait — there's more! If you order in the next 10 minutes we'll throw in these FREE Two AA batteries, a $10 value!

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! Well also include this professionally designed Printed documentation for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

That's the Magic Mouse, Two AA batteries, AND Printed documentation. A $200 value all for three easy payments of $19.95! ORDER NOW!!!

Here's how to order!

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB829?mco=MTA4MTQxMjg

Jelite

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
UK
Getting back to the article this just hints out 10.6.2 might be near for a release, I am just hoping soon, but no rage for me if it doesn't.

Im thinking exactly the opposite, the reason they've released a seperate update is because 10.6.2 isnt coming anytime soon.

esbowman

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
Try using ANY apple mouse with Maya (or other 3d apps) and you'll instantly hate it. you gotta have all three buttons to make it efficient IMO. Middle button = pan, Left = rotate/orbit camera, and right=zoom. The Mighty Mouse was instantly nicknamed the Mighty Turd in the agency I worked at.

I hope the Magic Mouse is different but I'm expecting a Magic Turd. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.