Apple's October 19th Media Event

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will be hosting another media event on Wednesday, October 19th, 2005. The event takes place in the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center at 12:00 Noon Eastern time.

The invite reportedly reads:

Please join us for a special press conference on the eve of PhotoPlus Expo 2005 as we unveil Apple's latest pro innovations
PhotoPlus Expo kicks off on Thursday October 20th and is described as showcasing "the latest advances in photography, both traditional and digital." The event also takes place in the Jacob K. Javits Center. Apple appears to have reserved booth 338 at the Expo. (Picture of floorplan of Booth 338.)

PowerMac and PowerBook updates have been rumored.

As always, MacRumors will provide details and/or live coverage as available.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
The new Powerbooks and PowerMacs!!!!

But we won't see an Apple camera - or at least, if we do, I'd be sorely dissapointed...

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Looking at the floorplan, booth 338 is the largest booth at PhotoPlus Expo.

Whatever they're announcing tomorrow at noon eastern time, it will be interesting.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:

But we won't see an Apple camera - or at least, if we do, I'd be sorely dissapointed...
Someone in another thread just located Apple stock numbers for two new PMs and 15" / 17" PBs and Price Points of 1999/2999 for PMs and 1999/2499 for PBs. Does not sound like much of an upgrade for the books and more of a "we'll see" on the PMs. Could be dual cores across the board, but probably single-dual on the low end and dual-dual on the high end (since the price is going up). Not sure what the middle might hold.

Giantred

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2004
Cupertino the heart of MAC
IphotoPro

This morning Jobbs called Bruce the CEO of Adobe. He infromed Bruce that tomorrow they will be releasing iPhoto Pro which will be a mild competitor with Photoshop. Dont believe me if you dont want to.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
Giantred said:
This morning Steve Jobbs called Bruce the CEO of Adobe. He infromed Bruce that tomorrow they will be releasing iPhoto Pro which will be a mild competitor with Photoshop. There wasnt more information as it was only a memo that went around Adobe today. Dont believe me if you want to.
If true, sounds a possibility of shooting yourself in the foot with your biggest software supplier (outside of yourself ... hmmm) ... maybe not so dumb afterall. :D

150hp

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Door County, WI, USA
I'm all for some Apple photo type goodness. I only bought an iPod when the Camera Connector/iPod Photo came out.

Then again, Photo Booth on the new iMac seems a tad silly. Although, I am totally jonsin' for a new 20" iMac.

As for PM/PB updates, i only care for the rest of my fellow mac users.

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
Giantred said:
This morning Jobbs called Bruce the CEO of Adobe. He infromed Bruce that tomorrow they will be releasing iPhoto Pro which will be a mild competitor with Photoshop. Dont believe me if you dont want to.

so photoshop elements replacement? :confused:

Lexicon Devil

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2005
Nice floorplan

Wow, looks like Apple has one of the biggest booths at the show. Nice cad drawing of the floor plan. To bad it was drawn on a windows box. :rolleyes:

Who should I be yelling at about the fact that autocad is not available for the mac? Apple or Autodesk?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Lexicon Devil said:
Wow, looks like Apple has one of the biggest booths at the show. Nice cad drawing of the floor plan. To bad it was drawn on a windows box. :rolleyes:
It's the largest period.

How should I be yelling at about the fact that autocad is not available for the mac? Apple or Autodesk?
Yell at Autodesk. It's their fault.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Giantred said:
So your name is either...Bruce or Steve?

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
Lexicon Devil said:

How should I be yelling at about the fact that autocad is not available for the mac? Apple or Autodesk?
Actually, I believe Apple (Reserve #338) is THE biggest booth at the show. Means one of two things ... lots of new stuff ... or Steve just like to LOOK big to keep people guessing and he is willing to spend a bit of Apple's $6 Billion in cash to do it. ;)

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
Stridder44 said:

IT MUST B TRU!! I READ IT ON TEH INTERNETZ!!!!1!11!!one
Nice Photoshop job, 'cept for one minor detail. Is it just me, or does that touch pad seem to be a bit big compared to the keyboard. Apple gets new patent for ELBOW TOUCH PAD!! :D

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:

What, you mean an iSight? Maybe an updated iSight? iSight you say?

iSight!