Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent Smith

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2004
Toronto, ON
Stridder44 said:
powerbook50top-small.jpg

IT MUST B TRU!! I READ IT ON TEH INTERNETZ!!!!1!11!!one

So is this the G5 PowerBook then? Seems that there's enough room for the cooling system... :p :rolleyes: :D

deanwaterman

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2005
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Mr Maui said:
Someone in another thread just located Apple stock numbers for two new PMs and 15" / 17" PBs and Price Points of 1999/2999 for PMs and 1999/2499 for PBs. Does not sound like much of an upgrade for the books and more of a "we'll see" on the PMs. Could be dual cores across the board, but probably single-dual on the low end and dual-dual on the high end (since the price is going up). Not sure what the middle might hold.

Where did they find this? I don't want to search the other thread to find this info, since you are knowleagable about where it is.

Thanks!

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
pistol44 said:
It's a fake. The keyboard isn't proportionate to the screen size. :rolleyes:

but i like that the trackpad button is three times the size of a space bar. so i won't miss it even after a few beers.

Ibrin

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2004
Let's see, how many times can we quote a big-ass graphic in one thread? :eek:

This article over at think secret predicts that the 15" PB display will have a res of 1440x900. If that's all the dump there is, then I will be sorely disappointed. I don't know of a single PC maker that puts a 1440x900 panel on a 15" notebook. They are all either 1280x800 or 1680x1050. The 1440x900 res is reserved for low-end 17" models, with 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 quickly replacing it. We need 1680x1050 on the 15" PB.

If that's all the bump there is, and there isn't something else significant (like an ATI x600 video card), then I'm just going to get a refurb 15" at the current spec, which will drop in price tomorrow. Then I'll hook it up to a 23" at my desk, and then just suffer when I'm mobile.

deanwaterman

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2005
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Giantred said:
This morning Jobbs called Bruce the CEO of Adobe. He infromed Bruce that tomorrow they will be releasing iPhoto Pro which will be a mild competitor with Photoshop. Dont believe me if you dont want to.

I would believe you if you knew how to spell "His Highness" name. Unless you saw his birth certificate and know something we don't know. Perhaps he did drop the other b off his name so it would be more user friendly.

Lexicon Devil

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2005
iSight Powerbooks?

I wonder if we will see the addition of iSight to the PB 's? I seem to remember seeing a drawing posted that showed a camera intergrated into a laptop. Word was Apple had applied for a patent on the idea.

Anyone else remember seeing this concept drawing? :confused: Or am I just getting senile (sp)?

mac n cheese

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2005
Giantred said:
This morning Jobbs called Bruce the CEO of Adobe. He infromed Bruce that tomorrow they will be releasing iPhoto Pro which will be a mild competitor with Photoshop. Dont believe me if you dont want to.

This morning Steve Jobs called my grandma, the CEO of her bingo club, and told her not to get too worked up about new PBs because the updates were going to suck.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
Ibrin said:

This article over at think secret predicts that the 15" PB display will have a res of 1440x900. If that's all the dump there is, then I will be sorely disappointed. I don't know of a single PC maker that puts a 1440x900 panel on a 15" notebook. They are all either 1280x800 or 1680x1050. The 1440x900 res is reserved for low-end 17" models, with 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 quickly replacing it. We need 1680x1050 on the 15" PB.

If that's all the bump there is, and there isn't something else significant (like an ATI x600 video card), then I'm just going to get a refurb 15" at the current spec, which will drop in price tomorrow. Then I'll hook it up to a 23" at my desk, and then just suffer when I'm mobile.
According to other posts, the prices will drop on the 17", therefore, if true, the changes are likely to be minimal at best. :(

Giantred

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2004
Cupertino the heart of MAC
mac n cheese said:
This morning Steve Jobs called my grandma, the CEO of her bingo club, and told her not to get too worked up about new PBs because the updates were going to suck.

Wow we have something in common ;) Steve Jobs has gotten more social, must be excited about something.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
mac n cheese said:
But they would come with a pre-installed bingo game to save her travel to and from the club. ;)

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Lexicon Devil said:
I wonder if we will see the addition of iSight to the PB 's? I seem to remember seeing a drawing posted that showed a camera intergrated into a laptop. Word was Apple had applied for a patent on the idea.

Anyone else remember seeing this concept drawing? :confused: Or am I just getting senile (sp)?

Yep. I remember. I'm to lazy to find a link.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Lexicon Devil said:

I remember, it was an iSight built into the latch on a notebook computer, it wasn't that long ago.
Here it is

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
This sucks. No 12-inch. I mean, if they aren't updating the processors in the 15 & 17, why not just keep the 12-inch? Give the 12-inch dual layer superdrive standard, and a 100 gig hard drive, and make it $1499.

Lexicon Devil

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2005
EricNau said:
I remember, it was an iSight built into the latch on a notebook computer, it wasn't that long ago.

Yeah, That's the one. :) It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the new iMacs.

inkhead

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2005
Apparently you've never heard of a little company called Dell? Dell makes laptops. Dell has 1440x900... this is a better dell, sporting "options" I wish Apple would give me "options"

Wide Screen or "Wide-Aspect" is a measure of the ratio of width to height of a screen. Traditional notebook LCDs are a 4:3 aspect ratio, while wide screen LCDs have a wide aspect ratio of 16:10. of the wide screen technology is being able to see more information on screen. The wide aspect 15.4" WXGA screen provides 30% more information than standard aspect ratio 15" XGA screens, and the wide aspect 15.4" WUXGA screen provides 20% more information than standard 15" UXGA screens.

15.4 inch WXGA = 1280 x 800 pixels

15.4 inch Ultra SharpTM WSXGA+ = 1680 x 1050 pixels

15.4 inch Ultra SharpTM WUXGA = 1920 x 1200 pixels

1440x900 = default resolution of 15" widescreen laptops available in the windows world for the last two years.

Ibrin said:

dberg

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2005
AIM chatroom at noon

is anyone gonna start up an AIM chatroom again while this is going on? That worked out really well last time... If so who's hosting ?

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
That is so cool, I have got my badge for that PhotoPlus Expo over a month ego :D I am so glad that I'm gonna go there. Hope Apple will allow me to play with their latest machines. :cool:

BTW, I will be there Friday afternoon and on Saturday. Look for 6' tall blond geek. :D ;)

mac n cheese

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2005
mac n cheese said:

I had to try quoting myself, just to see if it worked. Yup.

I've got my money on the PB "upgrades" being a built in iSight, and a two button mouse....and thats IT.

No proc upgrades, no DDR2, no video, no screens, etc...

And Steve will tout them as the first portable to feature BOTH a built in cam AND two mouse buttons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.