Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
Some analyst is going to predict that Apple will purchase Twitter and Facebook because of this. I know it sounds silly but so do many analyst.

ShiftyPig

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
AU
Thank you Apple for perpetuating the image of all Mac users as fanboys who are constantly shouting, "HEY!! LOOK AT ME!!!! I'M USING A MAC!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I find it funny that some of the most outdated products are the only one who got the social networking buttons. Hey everyone, look at the not updated in a long time Mac Pro or iPod Classic! :p

I would assume these would be the products Apple wants to hide the "share" buttons with. ;) But maybe they're just testing them.

ryanduff

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
Missing Thunderbolt?!??!?!

I have been waiting for the New MacPros to buy a new video editing system (im going Smoke, dumping FCP) and THUNDER BOLD WAS A KEY FEATURE i was waiting for!!!!!

Apple prooves AGAIN they dont care about the professional market. Sorry Apple I use my "Truck" of a desktop MacPro to make a living. If you dont want my $7000 then Ill just GO to BoxxTech.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Damn You MR! :D For a minute there I thought new MPs were released and this AM's Store Down wasn't a glich. Facebook, Twitter. Bah.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
I have been waiting for the New MacPros to buy a new video editing system (im going Smoke, dumping FCP) and THUNDER BOLD WAS A KEY FEATURE i was waiting for!!!!!

Apple prooves AGAIN they dont care about the professional market. Sorry Apple I use my "Truck" of a desktop MacPro to make a living. If you dont want my $7000 then Ill just GO to BoxxTech.

It's been discussed over and over and over that there won't be any new Mac Pros until later in the year at the earliest. Apple is pretty much just waiting on Intel. If you actually expected a Mac Pro update right now...well... sorry.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan

First off they haven't updated the Mac Pro. So I don't know why you're expressing your anger here. They added a button to the page. They didn't fool anyone by saying "We've updated the Mac Pro page!" only for you to realize it was the same system as before.

You can wait a few months for them to update their systems or you can purchase something else.

ryanduff

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
I was incorrect about new MacPros

I was incorrect about new MacPros, I apologize for my outburst. It was wrong and i will not do it again.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68040
No one has thought that perhaps these link additions are related to an upcoming revision to both MP and iPod Classic?

Given the typical fall iPod revision is close at hand AND Intel is close to releasing updated dt chips, it could stand to reason that there is a reason for adding these social networking links?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I find it funny that some of the most outdated products are the only one who got the social networking buttons. Hey everyone, look at the not updated in a long time Mac Pro or iPod Classic! :p

I would assume these would be the products Apple wants to hide the "share" buttons with. ;) But maybe they're just testing them.

I was trying to think of why this feature might be useful, and the only thing I could think of is if it let you configure a Mac Pro, then send the link to a less techie user (who might not know what to select) to purchase. But from I can see, the link is to the model selection page, not the BTO page. (The Apple Store is down here again, so I can't confirm that).

justinfreid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2009
NEW Jersey / USA
Interesting that the two products most eligible for an upgrade (or removal) are the first to get the social sharing buttons.
Would these have ever made it live if Jobs wasn't on a leave of absence?

lwmcanada

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2006

So... you're dumping FCP (was $1400) for Autodesk Smoke ($15000), and the only reason you're doing that is because of "thunder bold"?

cps-sound

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
Washington DC
I could have just tried the new fb brag feature on apple rather than posting this reply...
but I wonder if you actually have to purchase an MP in order to post a brag to your facebook?

Maybe if everybody starts posting fake MP posts of computers they didn't buy, actual sales might increase causing Apple to run out of their inventory faster and then they will start hitting the gas pedal on the new MP's???
:confused:

simonb76

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Hmm... Buy a mac pro for £2500+, tweet and facebook it so the world knows, go out with your iphone in your back pocket so it tracks where you are... and get your mac pro burgled before you get back home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.