Apple's Stock Price Projected to Keep Rising on 'iPhone 8' Optimism

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 6, 2017.

1. I7guy macrumors G4

So you admit your posts were a deflection from what I originally posted then? :rolleyes:

Your posts are al over the place from what is a basic statement.

2. farewelwilliams, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017

farewelwilliams macrumors 65816

did you fail to read the word "concept"? if not, do you think "concept" cars are often mass produced into actual products for sale?

--- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017 ---
    did you assume that I would think the "concept" will become a reality?
    if so, you're incorrect. i'm simply stating that the concept artist render failed to address a UX issue (or simply didn't care about the UX).

3. StyxMaker macrumors 65832

StyxMaker

Apple cannot vote stock it buys back from stock owners.

4. Mr. Dee macrumors 6502a

Mr. Dee

The iPhone 8 is going to come in 3 models:
    - curved glass front and back with a steal frame
    - Ceramic white back, with a curved glass front
    - Improved jet back finish, with a curved glass front
    - 4 GBs of RAM
    - A11x Fusion Processor
    - 128 to 256 GBs of storage
    - All will cost $1,000

iPhone 7s
    - Similar chassis to the iPhone 7
    - Primary colors: Black, Silver, Gold and Rose Gold
    - 2 to 3 GBs of RAM
    - A11 Fusion Processor
    - Max storage 32 to 256 GBs
    - 650 to 950

5. Radon87000 macrumors 68040

It's the same technology driving both screens. If Apple feels comfortable using OLED on the iPhone the fact of the matter is even Apple believes the possibility of burn in is too remote to even be a factor . Further cemented by them going all OLED in 2018 and LCD going the way of the dodo

App Store and a Retina display are the 2 game changers which are revolutionary compared to the iPhone 1.The iPhone 5s,6 and 6s and 7 were evolutionary. From the sounds of things iPhone 8 will be revolutionary

6. Radon87000 macrumors 68040

I am going to laugh aloud when Anandtech reviews the screen and finds out it's a slightly modified version of the same screen Samsung by has been using in their phones since 2015

7. I7guy macrumors G4

IMO, after the iphone 1 they are all evolutionary. And it is true at some point you have to put a stake in the ground with technology as advancements always improve the technology. The app store is a deflection; you could mention icloud and it would be the same deflection.

But if anything, your definition, the 5s would be revolutionary, if the 4 was; touch id, secure enclave, 64 bit. Heck, this is a fun game to play. To your point touch id doesn't work well with some fingers due to a variety of reasons, so I guess a little burn-in never hurt anybody.
    I'm going to laugh louder when they say it isn't.

8. Relentless Power macrumors 604

Relentless Power

No. I didn't assume anything. My post stands exactly as quoted.

9. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

kettle pot. Coming from the guy who could not answer my question and has been deflecting since. How about going back to basics and actually replying? Or just bail....but this is sad.

10. I7guy macrumors G4

there really is nothing to reply to.

11. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

OMG you actually believe the iPhone would be a massive success without the App Store? It's one of rhe major functions your raised.....without the App Store the iPhone would have failed. deflection does not mean what you think it does :) when someone raises a valid point in a debate, you don't like its a supportive fact not deflecting. FYI read what function means.....you may find the AppStore is a major function of the iPhone.....as in the only way to get software on it and a major revenue stream....for Apple and developers.... No the iCloud is nowhere in the same league....

No problem, have a good day. In the future either answer my question , or just don't reply, thanks .

12. I7guy macrumors G4

Umm, again the App Store is not what this is about. Apple ecosystem is fantastic, the entire kit and kaboodle. But this thread isn't about ecosystem.
    Have a nice day as well. Again, I didn't think anything needed answering from a basic statement as "great things from Apple"....

13. patsfan83 macrumors regular

Couldn't they just get a loan? Considering I put down 20% for a house and got almost 4x that loaned to me, $100B could get them a loan for the balance to buy back the shares. With their income no bank would turn them down.

I'm assuming they could also get a much better deal than me for literally zero interest and less down.

14. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

Zero interest? "Here is $100B, we don't want anything in return".

Not likely to happen that way.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017 ---
    I didn't know that. Is that an SEC rule? Interesting.

15. farewelwilliams macrumors 65816

then what is your point? your statement "that doesn't change anything regarding what the iphone will ultimately render" is a given and nothing i said would suggest anything related to the final "render". it's unrelated to what i was talking about.

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Public companies can't own stock in themselves. If they could, the entire concept of a public company would be made ridiculous. When a company buys back shares, those shares become available for re-issuance, but the company does not own them.

17. Relentless Power macrumors 604

Relentless Power

I already addressed my point on page one and others agreed as well. It's time to move on from this.

18. farewelwilliams macrumors 65816

you didn't really address your point.

19. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

It sounds like a yawner. Again...

But I honestly can say that I haven't paid much attention to it. Something about three sizes, and more colors?

Sounds like the time that Apple almost killed itself with 'too many colors' and 'too many sizes'...

Groan...

20. Bacillus macrumors 6502

Bacillus

When more immersively static turds exist, it must be there.

21. M_Johnson macrumors newbie

Stocks always rise on speculations! I have never found a stock rising based on pure reality :)

22. JGRE macrumors 6502a

JGRE

Of cause, when the reality is there, the stock price adjustment has already happened.

23. raghu8912 macrumors member

OLED manufacturing capacity is not developed yet, none of the OLED display manufacturers can make enough OLED displays to support Quantities required by Apple.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2017 ---
    iPhone screen has better color accuracy than Samsung GS7, and none of the OLED display manufacturers can make enough quantities to support iPhone sales.

24. BuddyTronic macrumors 6502

Yes, I'l agree somewhat, but the real message that should be mentioned and thought about is that AAPL stock has been so badly undervalued for many years. Carl Icahn was right about aapl stock being a "no brainer" investment. Even now at it's all time high, it's still the best place to invest your millions of dollars - it is a safe investment and at the same time has a very good chance to provide a big profit. Why risk your money on any other stock?

25. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

But it really has not been. Valuations dropped when earnings declined, which is exactly what you should expect. In fact, valuations for AAPL held up better than they might have done for another company experiencing several consecutive quarters of declining earnings. Valuations are all about earnings growth, and in that department, Apple wasn't putting out.

Valuations are rising again with the expectation that earnings growth is back on track. If they are, great, but if it doesn't come about, watch out below. Who knows for sure which scenario will play out, unless they've got special knowledge of the future that nobody else does? I sure don't. I've been in AAPL for 20 years; I've pretty much seen it all, and the last thing I'd ever call it is "safe." Most small investors should not be buying any individual stocks.

Icahn was in, made his big bucks, then sold off. He is now completely out as far as we know. Buffett is now in, and he has a reputation of being a more patient investor. So we will see about that.