Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Pancakes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
I ordered on March 18th and am set for delivery on the 26th. Anyone else in my boat? Anxiously hoping for a sooner actual ship date!

IPAD WI-FI 32GB BLACK-USA
MC770LL/A

Ships: Apr 21
Delivers: Apr 26

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
I ordered my iPad on March 25th, launch of the Canadian date at 3:46AM PDT. 16GB iPad WiFi in black. Nothing fancy. Nothing has changed on the order yet.

Ships: 15 Apr
Delivers: 22 Apr

KnitGirl

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Mine was ordered Mar 17 at 09:35 PM PDT

IPAD WI-FI 64GB WHITE - PRSN-USA

I've noticed that all of the people who ordered *after* me during the "4-5 weeks" shipping window have been moved up to match my shipping estimate of April 21 (my estimate was never changed). That's a week's worth of orders! So I know that mine will ship a lot earlier than the 21st! Just waiting... and waiting... :rolleyes:

It's nice to see March 14th orders start to move. This gives me hope that maybe there will be some action for me next week!

grapejoos

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2009
I'm in this group as well. Since the ones that were scheduled to ship the 11th seem to be shipping now, I'm hopeful that ours will go out sooner than scheduled.

Macuser1066

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
Ordered on the 17th of March and when I called Apple after the shipping dropped from 4-5 weeks to 3-4 weeks and asked if they were moving those orders up or if I should cancel and re order. They did say that they were going to ship in the order that orders were received, but the ship date for my 64G 3G ATT is still 4/21

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
I ordered my iPad on March 25th, launch of the Canadian date at 3:46AM PDT. 16GB iPad WiFi in black. Nothing fancy. Nothing has changed on the order yet.

Ships: 15 Apr
Delivers: 22 Apr

So I ordered March 16, Ships April 20 Delivers April 23rd. Apple told me when I called "existing orders will be fulfilled before new orders, processed in the order they were received in tandem with product availability".

So if yours is scheduled the 15th (Realistic in the 3-4 wks window) then mine should ship next week? (64gb black at&t)

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
Ordered on the 17th of March and when I called Apple after the shipping dropped from 4-5 weeks to 3-4 weeks and asked if they were moving those orders up or if I should cancel and re order. They did say that they were going to ship in the order that orders were received, but the ship date for my 64G 3G ATT is still 4/21

I did the same thing (except on the 16th of March) but they also told me ""The dates won't change, it will just ship early"".

Hopes up already.

KnitGirl

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
So I ordered March 16, Ships April 20 Delivers April 23rd. Apple told me when I called "existing orders will be fulfilled before new orders, processed in the order they were received in tandem with product availability".

So if yours is scheduled the 15th (Realistic in the 3-4 wks window) then mine should ship next week? (64gb black at&t)

But I think his is a Canadian order. I'm guessing those are completely separate from US orders. Right?

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
But I think his is a Canadian order. I'm guessing those are completely separate from US orders. Right?

They all come from one place (iPad iSland), so first come first serve should be global. Makes no sense that countries with later release dates get preference over orders 10 days before theirs.

KnitGirl

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
They all come from one place (iPad iSland), so first come first serve should be global. Makes no sense that countries with later release dates get preference over orders 10 days before theirs.

I agree and I hope you're right!

Does anyone else know if other countries' orders are separate from US orders as far as shipping goes or are we all in line together? :confused:

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles

Ordered March 21st here and I am still at 5 weeks and a day for delivery.

Lightey

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
You guys will get it earlier. I was supposed to ship on the 11th and mine shipped on the 1st.

tool80

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010
Im part of this shipping group too...
64gb, black, wifi only, USA
Ship date was originally 4/25 w. delivery on 4/28
About a week or so ago it changed to 4/21 w. delivery on 4/26..
Hopefully it will come sooner as some others are reporting that theirs are shipping (in some cases) 10 days earlier!!

Keeping my fingers crossed....

I should also add that my Order date was 3/19.. not that it matters too much!

Last edited:

Briel

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
yep add me to this thread
order 2 black 16 wifi only on march 22
orig. shipping date april 26
del. date april 29

got moved up
shipping date april 21
del. date april 26

looks like apple is shipping 10 days early going by others postings, i hope so

ps. also order 2 cover which came really fast, i got those on the 24th of march

KnitGirl

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Did anyone whose shipping date was moved see that reflected in the order status?

Do you mean those with a shipping date of April 11 whose actually shipped on April 1? If so, then no.

Apple won't update your shipping estimate on your order status until it actually ships your unit out. So your status could say "Shipping: May 2" but actually ship out a week or more earlier and you won't know until your card gets charged or you get the shipping email. It's all a big guessing game (which is why the shipping thread at the top is now at 333 pages and counting...) ;)

KnitGirl

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Anyone with these shipping estimates seeing any action? Credit card charge, engraving editing locked, "prepared for shipment" status?

With some April 19 estimates already shipping I'm wondering when those of us with April 20-21 estimates can expect to see something.

Me: ordered Mar 17 at 09:35 PM PDT

IPAD WI-FI 64GB WHITE - PRSN-USA

MISSLAY

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
DIEGO
Hello and thanks for this thread i ordered mines on march 16th, @ 8:11pm my shipping dates are ships:April 20th delivers:April 23 hope it comes sooner

32 gb 3g wifi at&t white
pink smart cover deliever
march 24th on time

Last edited:

boilert

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
Ordered 16Gig Black on March 15
Ships Apr 19
Delivers Apr 22

I received shipment notice Sunday Apr 3, already in Lantau Island, delivers Apr 7. Clearly Apple is pushing orders out faster, 16 days early for me!

HighEndMac

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2011
Order date: 3/12/11
Shipping date: 4/11/11
Actual date of shipment: 4/2/11
Arrival: SOON I HOPE!
Looks like we have some early waves coming in!
:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.