Are ifixit batteries good?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tiago_md, May 8, 2017.

1. tiago_md macrumors newbie

tiago_md

2. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Neither company is manufacturing their own batteries. So the answer could vary day by day.

Unless you can establish that either company has a standard of only buying the best possible batteries available, then you'll need to identify the specific make, model, manufacturer, etc. battery and evaluate that specific part.

3. tiago_md thread starter macrumors newbie

tiago_md

How do they compare to this one that claims to have been taken from store display iPhones? Is this supposed to be an actual original battery?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-Ori...268894?hash=item5b33cfa01e:g:-o8AAOSw4A5YrLZd
    --- Post Merged, May 8, 2017 ---
    bump

4. Conutz macrumors regular

Conutz

I'd take iFixit offerings rather eBay, but for my personal phone I'd buy original.

5. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

By the time I need a battery replacement, its time to upgrade to a newer iphone, i kept my iPhones usually no longer than 3 yrs. instead of spending cash on batt replacement, i upgrade to the latest iphone. So I feel not so far behind with better performance. But my mini ipad2 i hv kept it longer than iphones, its just a browsing device when I'm at wifi hot spots.

6. chscag macrumors 68000

Apple charges $79.00 at an Apple Store to replace the battery which in my humble opinion is worth it rather than doing it yourself and possibly damaging the phone in the process.

7. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

I have replaced my 6s+ with one of ifixit's batteries, and it's been good. As mentioned in the post above though, just do it at apple, especially if you don't have all the required tools. The toolkit they sold for the iPhone 6s+ required some additional tools that would definitely have cost more than $79 that apple charges. Also, it's not a super easy process.

8. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I'd also recommend the official $79 Apple battery. I've done replacements from ebay for coworkers and they've been less than satisfied with them. iFixit is a good company but I'd still pay the extra cash for Apple.