Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Nope.
Not 100% due to the battery performance.

I can say that my old 4 was set up so I was as close to 100% as I've ever been with a phone.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Nope not at all! My battery is horrible and Siri hardly works for me.

I am not a hater, I have had every iPhone, I am sure things will get better with an update or two.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
90%?
Where are you getting that number?

Going by the rate I'm seeing on here that have it from the other threads. Almost everyone that have taken theirs back have gotten another one with the same issue. Also, I've only run across two people that DON'T have it, and I've seen more than 20 that do. Just kind of based off my observations.

----------

Other than the rattle, the camera and processor alone were EASILY worth the upgrade.

I want ZERO delay on everything, and thus far, the A5 has delivered. Also, the camera is way, way better.

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
I'm extremely happy with mine, only negative is the battery life isn't great and have been able to run the battery completely flat several times

Jladd4420

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
110% happy, had problems at first with the battery but all good now. And the phone works 10x better then my Samsung Infuse.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Aside from the horribly annoying rattle by the camera, this phone is worth the upgrade for me.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I have the White 32GB 4S and coming from previous phones 3G White 16GB, then 3GS White 32GB, then Black iPhone 4 32GB, I think the upgrade is worth it, however the only one thing that seems to bother me is the way the screen is glued to the fron glass, I can see a dark shadow around the screen and the white phone does not look like the white iPhone 4S or 4 for that matter on Apple.com.

I really do not use Siri
I love the Speed increase, Web browsing and 3G Enhanced access, it is smooth also, and the main reason I went to this one was the camera, it is absolutely hands down way way better than my 4 which seemed like marginal at best when I was not getting blue spots across my photos.

NoHo

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
No. Not at all. And I thought I would be completely satisfied since I was coming from a 3GS.

My 3GS broke in August and I never got the iPhone 4 so I was eagerly anticipating this new iPhone. When it was announced as an iPhone 4S and not an iPhone 5, I was actually very happy since I loved the iPhone 4 design.

The battery is terrible. Just awful. You have to always be around some place to charge it, which defeats the whole purpose. The camera is great, but when you can't even send less than a 1 minute video clip because it's too large, it defeats the whole purpose of having a great 1080 camera. It's buggy. It closes apps unexpectedly.

It's still the best smart phone on the planet and blows any Android device out of the water in usability, but I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed. I was fine with Apple spending 15 months upgrading the iPhone 4, but there really wasn't much worth upgrading. It kills battery life in record time.

I'm sure once it's jailbreakable and you can customize it a bit more and tweak it to work best for what you use it for it will be better, but as of now, I'm a bit disappointed.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Mine has some minor wifi connectivity problems at edge of wifi coverage where iPhone 4 worked fine. Waiting for 5.0.1 to see if that changes anything.

Other than the completely inexcusable rattle near the camera (which 90% of them have), yes.

Nope. Nobody I know has any problem with rattle.

No. Not at all. And I thought I would be completely satisfied since I was coming from a 3GS. <snip>

That is not anywhere near the norm.

You also need to update your apps for iOS 5.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Is anyone who upgraded from a 4 to a 4S considering a switch to SGSII?

I've been a long time iPhone user but I have to admit, I've become a little bored with its limitations.

I'm currently on a 4S but I'm seriously considering of returning and getting a SGSII; am I alone on this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.