Are you buying the new Apple TV (2015)?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Ipadlover29, Sep 13, 2015.

?

1. Yes (it's perfect and has everything I ever wanted)

182 vote(s)
    59.9%
  2. Maybe (still waiting on international pricing, more details and reviews)

70 vote(s)
    23.0%
  3. No (it doesn't meet my needs, my roku is better)

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. No (it doesn't meet my needs, my fire TV/stick is better)

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. No (it doesn't meet my needs, my nexus player is better)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No (I'm sticking with my older Apple TV 2 or 3)

23 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. No (I just use my smart TV)

6 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. No (I use my Xbox 360 or Xbox one)

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. No (I use my play station 3 or 4)

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. No (I'm waiting for more apps and streaming services to be released)

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I'm still on the fence. Specs wise I think it's perfect. Pricing is too high in my opinion (more than double the price of the current one). I'm sure in 6 months or one year it will really be useful when the App Store is more developed and we finally have more streaming services.

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Barely use the one I have. Maybe I'll upgrade in the future.

3. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

No, it really has nothing that I want. Not interested in games. Don't need a fancy remote. Hate talking to machines. Hate machines that talk to me. I mainly use my AppleTVs to view local iTunes files and the new one is expensive and offers no improvement for this.

4. BingoBlue macrumors member

If it can match the Roku in terms of content here in the UK i'll be picking up two of these. I've been planning to swap out the two Roku streaming sticks with a version that i can wire in to my network so I end up swapping to Apple TV and stick in with what is probably going to overtake Roku in only a few weeks.

5. Rigby macrumors 601

Not unless it gets apps for Amazon Prime and one of the Ultraviolet streaming services (since I have quite a few digital copies in my UV locker from discs I purchased). If it does, I will consider replacing an old ATV and a Roku. But I'll probably wait to see what the new Amazon device has to offer in any case.

6. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

It's the one Apple device I've owned for the longest time and has provided the most bang for the buck. Looking forward to the upgrade.

7. cynics macrumors G3

I really wouldn't say it's more then double the price without consider the price reduction of the previous gen. That's like saying the iPhone is more expensive this year because the 6 is 100 dollars less now. I think Apple did a good job reducing the price long before its launch rather then waiting till it was announced/released.

You have to also consider the remote. It's FAR more advanced then the previous model so I feel there is at least a little substance to the price increase.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, I think this is the perfect time to finally replace our Wii which only gets used for Netflix.

9. wilhub macrumors member

Yes I am buying.

I have too much invested in the Apple ecosystem.

10. 960design macrumors 68020

Yes... Writing software for it.
    Sorry, I didn't vote. I didn't see the I hate polls selection.

11. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

I can't answer your poll, I'm afraid. I'm definitely going to be getting one, but your silly "it's perfect and has everything I ever wanted" addendum means that none of your offered answers are accurate. If you're only going to offer one "Yes" option, why bother qualifying it?

12. cynics macrumors G3

I voted yes, but not because its perfect and has everything I ever wanted but for me its currently the best thing available. What kind of poll has 1 yes, 1 maybe and 8 different no's?

13. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

If/when they release their cable TV competitor, I'll consider it, but I don't see any reason to before then.

14. flux73 macrumors 65816

Hell yes. No-brainer purchase for me. My current Apple TV 3 is my only source for TV/movie watching. Voice enabled search, voice enabled commands, 802.11ac, and App Store support make this the easiest tech purchase decision I've had in years. It's not perfect though. I wish they'd stuck the A9x in there, and had a 256 GB option. Probably in the next generation. :/ Still, it's good enough from what I've seen. Hopefully the user experience lives up to the presentation. I'm tired of clicking my remote to navigate and to type (unacceptable).

15. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Sure am, but not because its everything I wanted. It is time to upgrade my old ATV's and I like some of the new features.

16. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Yes. But of course it is not perfect. Your poll needed more yes options or you should not gave qualified it.

17. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

I agree. The description attached to the only Yes vote on the poll is silly. I'm still going to get one, that's for sure. I'm still on AppleTV 2, and I've waited long enough for this upgrade!

18. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

excited to see what the app selection will evolve to, so definitely getting one, even though my current apple tv works fine.

19. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I'll definitely be picking one up. For one thing the game I'm currently working on will be perfect adapted for Apple TV. All through development I've been wanting them to announce an AppStore for Apple TV so I could add it in.

That aside, I want one for my media consumption, I think it'll finally be the one box I need to replace my others.

20. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Yes, going to buy one, I have two ATV gen 2 now and love them. Your poll is worded a little snarky though.

We bought our first 1080p TV in June and have been holding off getting a Apple TV for it until the new one came out.

21. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

22. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You are aware that it only has 10/100 Ethernet and that you would be better off keeping it wireless if you have a router supporting AC.

23. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Yes and no...only if your connection is faster than that, which most people do not have.

24. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Disappointed in A8X rather than A9X. And the included default game controller... that most gaming will get based around is impressive... but limiting.

Apple could have really thrown everything at it.

But still buying in.

25. HoiPiet macrumors member

HoiPiet

Yes, but I'll probably hold off a bit. I'm going to get a Channelmaster DVR and OTA tuner soon, kill Netflix streaming and use the delivery service till Spring.

It'd be nice if I could eventually network the CHannelmaster with it, but I won't wail and moan if they don't.