iPhone 11 Pro Are you getting the iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max?

Which phone size do you prefer?

• iPhone 11 Pro (5.8")

Votes: 72 40.9%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max (6.5")

Votes: 104 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Pre-orders are going up in about 2 days and was wondering which phone size you guys were getting between the two pro models.

I'm on a 6 Plus and I'm not sure which one to go for. I like the big size for media consumption but putting this in pockets has never felt completely comfortable the past few years. It never felt "right" when I slipped it into my pockets so I'm a bit conflicted on which one to get.

Which one will you guys be getting?

TravisPNW

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2017
Renton, WA
Still undecided but if I upgrade from the 8 Plus it will be the Pro Max. No brainer IMO... $100 extra for the extra real estate.

Reactions: DevinNj

cardfan

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2012
Max easy. If I never had either that’s the one I start with anyways. You’ll know soon enough

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
11 Pro Max! Went from a 6 Plus to an SE. The smaller size was great up to a point. My mother commented last week that my phone was small. Thanks mom.

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
11 Pro Max! Went from a 6 Plus to an SE. The smaller size was great up to a point. My mother commented last week that my phone was small. Thanks mom.
I actually prefer the smaller phone lol. I am considering the 11 Pro. The bigger real estate is cool and all but I have an iPad Pro and I prefer my phone screen to not be that big. I actually went from a 6 plus to a 7

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
I actually prefer the smaller phone lol
Yeah, I went from an iPhone 5 to a 6 Plus then to an SE. I tried to install a new battery in my 6 Plus two weeks before a trip to Italy, folded the battery by accident and my 6 Plus combusted. I thought of replacing it with another 6 Plus but I didn't want to spend that kind of money again so close to a refresh. I bought the SE because it basically had the guts of the 6s but not the price. I've had it three years now and I've missed having a larger screen.

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
Yeah, I went from an iPhone 5 to a 6 Plus then to an SE. I tried to install a new battery in my 6 Plus two weeks before a trip to Italy, folded the battery by accident and my 6 Plus combusted. I thought of replacing it with another 6 Plus but I didn't want to spend that kind of money again so close to a refresh. I bought the SE because it basically had the guts of the 6s but not the price. I've had it three years now and I've missed having a larger screen.
I don’t mind the note 8 , and the note 10 plus screens but the plus iPhones I don’t like . They are taller which I find annoying. The only big screen phone I broke was the 6 plus . Broke it 5 times. I love the X and the screen size

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
I don’t mind the note 8 , and the note 10 plus screens but the plus iPhones I don’t like . They are taller which I find annoying. The only big screen phone I broke was the 6 plus . Broke it 5 times. I love the X and the screen size
I'm too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem to use Android. OnePlus is really intriguing but I couldn't switch. Too many iOS apps, Apple Watch, iPad, etc. Samsung makes fantastic hardware but I just don't like Android. My parents have Android phones and I cringe every time they ask me for help on them.

noobinator

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Pasadena, CA
I am so incredibly torn on this. I prefer the size and weight of the Pro but the extra battery life of the Max is a huge benefit.

I'm leaning Pro right now since I have chargers everywhere but I may change my mind a few more times before Friday.

Reactions: Zord

triangletechie

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2017
NC
I have the XS Max. I love the extra screen but it is bulky to lug around. If I did upgrade, I was originally planning for the 11 Pro but I may stick with the 11 Pro Max. I may miss that extra screen.

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
I went X->XS Max->11 Pro. I like the 5.8" size better. The extra screen on the max is nice, but I like the smaller size when using the device as a camera.

Reactions: Closingracer

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
I'm too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem to use Android. OnePlus is really intriguing but I couldn't switch. Too many iOS apps, Apple Watch, iPad, etc. Samsung makes fantastic hardware but I just don't like Android. My parents have Android phones and I cringe every time they ask me for help on them.
Oh i switch fairly frequently but I’m at the point I don’t care about the OS . Since I have a watch I’ll keep iOS for now. I was just saying I don’t like the larger screens with iPhones.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
I've always had the Plus size since the 6 Plus (with the exception of the X which wasn't really a plus size then). Currently have XS Max and will definitely be upgrading to the Pro Max. I will never go smaller than that. Go big or go home.

Stormclouds

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I'm torn between the Pro and Pro Max. I had an X then upgraded to an XS Max last year. I prefer the smaller size for usability but like the longer battery life of the Max models. The XS Max is kind of uncomfortable for me to use and I don't even have small hands.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
Regular Pro. I had a Note 9 and I can't stand large screens with the 18:9 aspect ratio anymore, way too tall for me. So I'll be happy with the 5.8" screen that fits in my hand. Overall it will be a bit smaller footprint than my 8 Plus so that will be nice.

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
USA
I'm going with the 11 Pro. I am tempted to try out the Pro Max, but I know it will be to big for me. I would really enjoy the extra screen space and the extra battery life, but it won't be practical for me for everyday.

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
www.codingcorner.co.uk
My recent iPhones have been 6+ -> 7+ -> X -> XS Max. I’m going to downsize to the normal Pro this year though. The 5.5” plus size was fine as generally I could reach the top even with one hand due to the large bezels. It’s just too hard to do on the Max, and I realised the X was my favourite sized phone I’ve owned. Back to that size from now on.

alphaswift

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2014
Neither. I'm sticking with my X one more year it seems. There's nothing compelling enough to make me want to upgrade.

Reactions: Nipommu