Are you getting the new macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Funkymonk, Feb 15, 2011.

  1. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a


    Jan 7, 2011
    If not, what are the features that would change your mind? lets try to keep it atleast within the realm of possibilities so you cant say "oh it has to have 4gazillion processors and ten thousand gigs of ssd.

    For me it would have to be flash storage 128gb standard. Also a core i5 sandy bridge processor with amd graphics. A physical design change where the 13" is a pro/air hybrid would be gravy as well. All this for the 13"

    And if yes will you be getting the new pros regardless of what the changes are since more than likely it will still be a fantastic machine?
  2. JonDownin macrumors member

    Nov 16, 2005

    No matter what is in the thing I will be getting it since my late 2007 15" is struggling on its last legs. The only difference will be how happy I am. I'll either be really happy or SUPER happy depending on the spec bumps and potential design changes.
  3. fortunecookie macrumors regular


    Dec 3, 2010
    If the 17" MBP has quadcores, ssd, and better battery then I will definitely going to get one.
  4. ayeying macrumors 601


    Dec 5, 2007
    Yay Area, CA
    No, cause I just recently got the 15" Core i7 because my 17" is too weak to handle itself anymore.

    Furthermore, I don't really think Apple would include a quad core imo. I'm not saying it won't, I just doubt it because of the 2nd generation 2620M CPU that came out that Apple would probably use.
  5. Dreyesbo macrumors newbie

    Oct 23, 2010
    That pretty much describes how I'll be.

    Yes, I'll get it, and as my first Mac (and replacement for my 2 year old, battery depleted, laptop) I'll get it as soon as it comes out.
  6. wct097 macrumors 6502

    Nov 30, 2010
    Yes. The only way I won't buy one is if they do something stupid like yank the dedicated GPU from the 15" version, or neglect to upgrade the 320/330m GPU to something at least marginally better.
  7. alent1234 macrumors 603

    Jun 19, 2009
    my wife wants one, i want a cheap dell laptop

    my list for 2011 is iPad2, iphone5 and cheap laptop. the first two will get more use than the laptop. and i don't want to pay $2000 for something that's not going to get used much
  8. Mik3F macrumors 6502

    Feb 3, 2011
    Not getting one, only just got my 13" MBP so can't justify it.

    Now if the wifes laptop dies then I can upgrade as she can have my current MBP

    More than happy with what I have though
  9. croooow macrumors 65816


    Jul 16, 2004

    Just got a MBP and I'm very happy with it. The only think that would make me regret getting the 2010 MBP is a 2011 MBP with a Blu-Ray drive. But that is not going to happen:rolleyes:
  10. Tabris82 macrumors member


    Nov 4, 2010
    Manchester CT

    This will be my first new Mac/first Mac as my primary station. I've been planning and thinking about what I want for months and I'll be happy regardless... But OH do I want an optional SSD instead of an Optical Drive!

    March 1st can't come fast enough... (I'd be a lot less anxious if I knew they were to come out then) ;)
  11. electronique macrumors 6502

    Aug 27, 2008
    What new Macbook Pro?
    Wheres the prood that there is a new one on its way?

  12. ms.annette macrumors regular


    Jul 4, 2009
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

    Yes I need a 13" ;)
  13. Skybar macrumors member

    Sep 16, 2010
    Hell yeah I am, have been saving up for a few months! Sitting on a iMac 24" from 2007 right now, so this will be my first MBP. I'm going for the top-notch 17" :D
  14. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020


    Oct 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    depends on what they put it in... if not I'll prob grab a SB quad from Sager.. or build a desktop and get an ipad.
  15. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular


    Feb 25, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    I'm pretty much loving my new MBA, but if the MBP refresh comes in the next month or so (and all signs point to "Yes") and the specs are right, I'd probably switch back. I'd probably go for the 13" if the resolution is similar to the MBP (1400 x 900) and it had a flash storage/SSD option - otherwise I'll keep the MBA.
  16. acedickson macrumors 6502a


    Dec 6, 2004
    I will be getting one and I agree that I want to lose the ODD for a secondary drive. SSD primary and HDD secondary. I want a 13" but would like an i5 in it.

    So, we'll see.
  17. daher1012 macrumors newbie

    Jan 27, 2011
    Most definitely, have been waiting a while now to save up the money to buy one then news of a new mbp comes out, probably going to get it the day its released
  18. skidmarc macrumors member

    Feb 10, 2011
    Just bought my first Mac about 6 months ago. Love it for the most part, but if they do indeed ditch the ODD, offer 256 flash-blade drive with optional secondary HDD and a dedicated GPU in the 13" I'll buy one and the wife can have this one.

    Her Dell will become the "test" machine.
  19. alent1234 macrumors 603

    Jun 19, 2009
    what's the usual lag in a refresh and refurb models being sold?
  20. hazedragon45 macrumors regular

    Oct 23, 2009
    Yes! i just sold my 2009 baseline MBP 13 on craigslist for $1120 =D
  21. skiltrip macrumors 68030

    May 6, 2010
    New York
    no. i sold my current mbp and bought an imac. not going back to a mac laptop until they figure out how to get a quad in there.
  22. RMXO macrumors 6502a

    Sep 1, 2009
    I have been thinking about getting a new 15/17" when it comes out to replace my old 15" 2.4 Unibody but it all depends on what the specs are in the new model. If I end up getting a new one, my old MBP will most likely go to my mom since she needs a new system.
  23. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

    Feb 18, 2008
    Unless the 15" has an exceptional video card (which knowing Apple, I highly doubt), I'll be keeping my current 15".
  24. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020


    Oct 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    lol nice! I sold mine for $1100 on CL.. a 2010 model too, but fortunately I bought it brand new for $999 from Microcenter.

Share This Page