Are you going to see Prometheus in 2D or 3D?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Yr Blues, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Are you going to see Prometheus in 2D or 3D?

1. 2D

43.8%
  2. 3D

31.3%
  3. Not going to see it at all

25.0%
  1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Was it shot in 3D or just 3Dified in post-production?

4. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

it was shot in 3D

5. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I doubt I'll see it, but if I did, it would be in 2D.

6. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Eh, I always get suckered into the 3D versions and most of the time I forget that it's even in 3D about 10-15 min into the movie. I've found 3D to be a big disappointment, Avatar being the only real exception so far. I'll probably see Promethius in 3D as well, maybe it'll turn out to be good in 3D.

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

8. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I may see it since it was shot in 3D. I missed out on Avatar in 3D (I saw Avatar in a theater in Balad, Iraq. It didn't have 3D capability :p)

Maybe I'll go see Prometheus in 3D so I can see what "shot in 3D" looks like.

I'm still trying to find out if its a prequel to Alien, or just takes place in the same universe. I heard it started as a prequel (and still takes place in the same universe) but is more of its own story now.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Shot in 3D? Definitely 3D then, I like 3D but all this converted 2D nonsense looks horrible. Also if they have the option I'd watch this at the IMAX.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I don't go to the theater so I will like wait till it comes to iTunes.

12. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

Until they get glasses free holographic 3D working, 2D all the way for me, that way i don't have to sit through migraines as my eyes try and do something they didn't evolve to do, which is focus on a flat fixed pane AND try and alter focus for depth of field at the same time.

hopefully the 3D fad will end soon, and we can all go back to not having to look like harry potter fans when we watch a movie, or worse yet, hunt around for the 2D showing.

13. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

No option for both 2D & 3D? I may see it twice. I'm really looking forward to Prometheus.

If I only see it once, it will be in 3D. I've found that movies shot in 3D are better than the regular 2D versions. I even bought my own 3D glasses, from Polaroid, a year ago. These glasses are way better than the cheap ones the theater gives you. They're more comfortable and they have a wider field of view (they are like wrap around sunglasses).

The 2D movies that are converted to 3D are the ones that are a waste and usually not worth to see in 3D....though some have been decent.

14. skuid87 macrumors regular

Not a huge fan of 3D. I've always favoured 2D (though there are exceptions).
    Unfortunately, BFI IMAX (London, UK) are only showing this in 3D.

I just hope that the 3D won't be terrible since it's shot natively in 3D.

For me, the desire to see it at the utterly magnificent screen (& fantastic sound) at BFI IMAX, easily outweighs the desire to see it in 2D.

15. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

2D. Not a fan of the idea of things looking like they're coming towards me.

Didn't like it with Captain EO at Disneyland as a kid, and don't like 3D now.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

2D. I can't stand wearing the glasses for a few 3D effects. This was really bad for the last Harry Potter movie.

17. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Probably 2D to start and if I hear good things about the 3D version, I may take a trip to my closest 3D theater to see it.

18. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

That's pretty much what I understand. Scott had a prequel to Alien in mind something like 10 years ago, but by the time a project began to form he reworked it into a seperate but related story.

From IMBD.com
    If you have an iPad or iPhone, look it up in the IMDB app.

I'm a fan of the concept and consider Aliens the all-time best space combat film.

As far as the 3D thing goes, a film needs to stand on story and acting so I prefer 2D first. I did that with Avatar. Thor was iffy in 3D but Avengers rocked it.

Dale

19. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

This is my first time hearing of this movie, so but I probably won't see it. If I do see it, I will not see it in 3D. It's a terrible gimmick, and is quite annoying to watch.

20. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I was going to see it but the commercial is so annoying with the flashes and all that I will now spite the movie studios and not pay to watch this movie.

21. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Depends on how much Noomi Rapace skin is in the film

:p

22. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Probably 3D. Sometimes it's a bit pants (avengers in 3D brought on the mother of all headaches afterwards...), but occasionally if used just right it's watchable. (Avatar and believe it or not, Transformers 3)

I'll trust Ridley Scott knew what he was doing...

23. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I know I voted for 3D before, but I actually probably won't be seeing this movie. I originally wanted to see it because I like the Alien series (they're a little on the boring side though), but I don't think it would be worth it for me. If I end up seeing it though, it would probably be in 3D.

24. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

To be honest, when I first saw the beginning of the Movie Trailer, I thought some executive's brain had melted and they actually made a Halo movie. :eek: