Are you gonna install the GM or waiting for official?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Black Magic, Sep 8, 2014.

?

Are you gonna install iOS 8 GM?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2014.
  1. Installing GM

    76.6%
  2. Waiting for official

    17.2%
  3. Undecided

    6.3%
  1. Black Magic macrumors 68000

    Black Magic

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2012
    #1
    How many of you are gonna jump on the GM on release? Or are you gonna wait until the official comes out?
     
  2. SMIDG3T Suspended

    SMIDG3T

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2012
    Location:
    England
    #2
    Why (if you're a registered developer) wait a week if we can install tomorrow?
     
  3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

    t0mat0

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    Location:
    Home
    #3
    If you're a developer, if you install the GM, what would be the upgrade to the public release? Be the same, an OTA, or would you need to then restore and sync again? Or just wait till the first point update and get to the same public version that way?
     
  4. The Phazer macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2007
    Location:
    London, UK
    #4
    The GM is the public release, unless some spectacular bug is found. But if it is there will probably be another GM.
     
  5. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2005
    #5
    The GM should be the exact same code released to users. That said, once or twice there has been a second, proper GM to correct an issue discovered late.
     
  6. 53kyle macrumors 65816

    53kyle

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2012
    Location:
    Sebastopol, CA
    #6
    The ONLY reason that I am waiting for final, is because I am enjoying my iOS 7 jailbreak until I can't use iOS 7 on an iPhone 6, otherwise I would've been on iOS 8 since day one.
     
  7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

    BasicGreatGuy

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2012
    Location:
    In the middle of several books.
  8. impaler macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2006
    Location:
    FL
    #8
    I will wait for the official release, both of iOS 8 and OS X 10.10.
     
  9. ayeying macrumors 601

    ayeying

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2007
    Location:
    Yay Area, CA
    #9
    GM. It's the same as the official final unless there's a really big bug.
     
  10. mjschabow macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2013
    #10
    Yeah. No use in waiting. Install that shiznit tomorrow if it's available.
     
  11. dwfaust macrumors 68040

    dwfaust

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2011
    Location:
    I am here => [•]
    #11
    GM IS "official". I can't recall one instance where the build number was different between GM and "official".
     
  12. Black Magic, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

    Black Magic thread starter macrumors 68000

    Black Magic

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2012
    #12
    I know this. Let's not get too technical here. Just asking if people are are going to install the GM or wait for the official OTA.
     
  13. gglittle macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2012
    #13
    Aaaaannnnnddd ... your vote it is? Not to be hypocritical ... the GM goes on my two iPads upon release, and my primary phone once I've verified functionality.
     
  14. crazyman3005 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #14
    Will the GM be the final version with the iCloud correctly configured unlike if I was to install it now, (e.g. whatsapp chats etc)
     
  15. Black Magic, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

    Black Magic thread starter macrumors 68000

    Black Magic

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2012
    #15
    I'm going GM asap.
     
  16. dieselboy27 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    #16
    I'm considering waiting, at least till ios 8 app updates are allowed.
     
  17. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

    SpyderBite

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Location:
    Xanadu
    #17
    I'll wait until the final release. No reason really. I chose not to participate in the beta this time around as 7 runs great for me and I have no apps currently on the app store.

    I'm one of those "Don't beta unless you are developing an app or submitting bug reports as intended".
     
  18. mitchsaunders macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Location:
    Brisbane, Australia
    #18
    i'll be jumping aboard, been on beta since 1.
     
  19. campyguy macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2014
    Location:
    Portland / Seattle
    #19
    I'll be installing the GM and avoid the servers getting hammered on the day of the official update, therefore avoiding the whining about "I can't download iOS X" comments. Paying the developer fee is cheaper than therapy.
     
  20. JackieInCo macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2013
    Location:
    Colorado
    #20
    I may do it on my 5S but I will wait for my two iPads until there is a jailbreak. I like my adblocker too much on the iPads.
     
  21. thedeejay macrumors 65816

    thedeejay

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2012
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada.
    #21
    May as well wait, it's only a week away!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D
     
  22. Zcott macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2009
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    #22
    You know there's an adblocker app in the App Store?
     
  23. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 1, 2013
    #23
    It still won't be the same as the public release, we need the new apps to take advantage of iOS 8's new features. It's going to be more like 7 until then.
     
  24. iphone5s2013 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    #24
  25. clukas macrumors 6502a

    clukas

    Joined:
    May 3, 2010
    #25
    Same here, installing GM as soon as it becomes available.
     

Share This Page