Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I am constantly taking the iFrogz case off and cleaning the entire phone with my iKlear liquid and rags that I bought at the Apple store. I am also very careful what apps I install and what I use on the phone as I have MobileMe so every appointment is plugged in, my contacts are neat and organized, music broken down into several Playlists, I also rotate my music every 2-3 weeks because I use it a lot at the Gym with my Nike+.

Just curious what others do :rolleyes:

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
  • Rotate cases (daily)
  • Change screen protectors (at least once a month) NOTE: I buy protectors in bulk so if even one speck of lint gets under the protector, it gets trashed.
  • Monitor free space on iPhone to ensure I have ~13gb free (not sure why...I just do it. 13 seems like a nice number)
  • Ensure each song on iPhone has correct album art attached to it.
  • Clean daily.

EDIT: This is just for the "maintenance" of the phone. Playlists, apps, etc, completely different matter which deserves a thread unto itself.

I think I may need help

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
I thought I was OCD until I read this thread haha. I just want no dead pixels or dents but I'm pretty careful. Still trying to find a phone with a good screen ( not dust or pixel issues).

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
Well I've never cleaned an iPhone before as much as I clean this one.

I'm constantly getting the micro-fiber out and going at it.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Just treat it like a phone and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

I used it for a week with no case or shield and actually liked it more than when I had it in a bumper or shield.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Ill Clean my iPhone at least once a day and try to baby it so I don't drop it or anything. I also restore it about x2 a month! Why, I dont know !

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL

I used it for a week with no case or shield and actually liked it more than when I had it in a bumper or shield.

I'd say I go naked about half the time...don't use screen protectors and if I do use a case, it's usually because of what I'm going to do. Like if I'm going to work, always a case of some sort...if I'm going biking, one of my more protective cases will get used.

I just really notice the fingerprints on the phone with the new retina display. Never before have fingerprints bothered me so much. lol

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010

Yep it's just a phone, a tool. I have a zaggs on the back and that's it. No major damage or anything. I'm not really worried about it all that much. It's a fun "tool" and as long as it works I don't have a problem. I don't understand the extremes that people take with this thing?

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Shows how much you know about the iPhone. It's more like a computer that has the ability to make phone calls. It's not just a phone.

You missed the point. Or you just trying to be a jerk.

The poster meant that it's just a phone. (IE not a small child that needs it's ass wiped every few times a day). :D;)

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
...about the last thing I have ever used any of my iPhones for was the Phone part. lol

+1... people who buy an iPhone for the phone part are outnumbered (unscientifically and in my estimation) 1,000,000 to 1. I make probably 3 calls a week. And one of those three is a prank call.:D

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
iPhone 4 has turned me into an obsessive hand washer. My girlfriend called me out and said I was turning into a "germaphobe" but ironically enough she said it as my garlic bread fell onto the floor - called 10 second rule and blew any particles off it. Was like brand new.

I have an iPad and for some reason the finger printsndont bother me as much. But with the iPhone 4 I find myself constantly carrying around my iMacs microfiber cloth.

Oh and I'm real particular about every single song having the right album art work, but ive been that way since the original iPhone.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I bury mine in the back yard twice a day so that it can have it's "alone time" and then I try to feed it a balanced diet, with an emphasis on organic fruits.

C'mon people....it's a telephone.

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
No. I put a cheap $7 case on it (rotation the case color dependent on my mood) and that's about it.

I like when my electronics have that "used" look over a period of time.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
I bury mine in the back yard twice a day so that it can have it's "alone time" and then I try to feed it a balanced diet, with an emphasis on organic fruits.

C'mon people....it's a telephone.

That would of been funny if it had any relevance to obsessive compulsive disorder.

brewno

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
Montreal, Canada

I agree; Screen feels so much nicer without a "shield"... I will use it on the back though.

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
I love the "it's just a phone" people. It's like they say it to make themselves feel better about their own OCD tendencies towards caring for their device which cost them hundreds of dollars.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
I love the "it's just a phone" people. It's like they say it to make themselves feel better about their own OCD tendencies towards caring for their device which cost them hundreds of dollars.

Or some people are just douches deep down inside. Either way, I agree.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.