Votes: 34 8.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 358 91.3%

• Total voters

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
As useful as the feature is, i don't think its gonna be used as much for me.
Before, i used Categories from Cydia and when i had all the things organized, i immediately hated it

I have over 10 pages of Apps, but its the way i organized that kept me from using Categories
I bet others have done the same, but i'd use each page as a section
Page 1: All my Most Used Apps
Page 2: Media Apps
Page 3-6: GAMES GAMES AND MORE GAMES
Page 7: "Useless at most times" Apps
Page 8: Stock iPhone Apps
Page 9-10: Cydia Apps

I just dont see myself using the Folders Feature
What about you?

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
If you have your apps set up by page, why not move the pages into folders, that way it would be even more organized.

Comment

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Right now, I only have 3 pages of apps (apple apps, social networking/utilities, and games) and I don't see myself using folders because it's not a lot of apps and I can probably get to the apps quicker than using folders. But I could definitely see it being useful if I had more apps.

Comment

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I'll certainly be combining things that are different versions of the same thing.

I have 2 'Dig it' games and 2 versions of 'Galcon.' Those will each be combined into a single folder, yeah.

I don't know how much else I'll be doing...I'll probably leave my home page alone...I don't want to turn anything there into 2 taps instead of 1. But yeah, I'll use them somewhat.

Comment

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona
I used to have 4 pages of apps and now I fit all the ones I use on 1 page. It's executed very nicely and goes well with the way they implemented multitasking.

Comment

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
Yup!

of course I'm going to use it, for me its one of the features i'm looking forward to.
Here! Here!

I have a TON of different apps. I tried jail breaking my iPhone before but I didn't like it. Also, I have 1password on it and I didn't like the feeling that my phone was no longer secure with all of my PWs on it. I jail broke to organize my apps and have better customization. I quickly went back to factory settings and have stayed ever since.

Now Apple will have folders (YAY!) and multitasking (YAY!)

I will use folders A LOT. Can't wait!

Comment

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Jailbreak/Infiniboard > folders

I can categories unlimited apps by page and scroll vertically. Folders is still great solution for non jailbreakers though.

Comment

RS232

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
With the amount of apps I've got, folders would be great to organise the stuff!

Comment

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
You bet I'm going to use it , I love this feature.

I don't know what it is , but for some reason I keep Page 1 on my iPhone stock for 90 percent , I just got rid of the compass and some other App to make room for Tweetdeck and Belstatus ( a dutch app to check how much minutes I got left ). I just like the look of it that way, i guess. ( and I use some stock apps aswell )

On page 2 , I have all my news apps , if you will. Things like TUAW, NU ( dutch news app ) , iPhoneclub (another dutch app ) and much more... Oh yeah , MacRumors deserves a place on that page... just give me the app to place it there.

With folders, Im going to put all the news apps into one folder, call it Igziabeher, and place it on page 1 of my iPhone. HA! :)

Comment

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

With 17 pages of apps I certainly need folders like yesterday. Do I use all of these apps? Of course not but even if I want to use it once, folder keep them "out of sight out of mind" until i'm ready.

Comment

mrkowalski

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2009
There are a lot of apps that do one or two things that are handy, but not frequently used.

I have downloaded a lot of these, only to remove them to make room for the next new thing.

I can't wait for the folders. I'd rather have that than multitasking (although I'll take that as well :)

Comment

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
thats what i thought but it looked....ugly
Why would you care if it looked ugly? Are all your friends using and seeing your iPhone or just you? :) In my 9 months of iPhone usage I think two other people have actually touched it.

How my screen setup(s) looks is the least determining factor for me. How folders work and make things easier for me is the sole factor.

Mike

Comment

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I'll probably be organizing a little bit. Just have to wait until the release to use it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.