Are you "really" gonna use the Folders in OS 4.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Apr 30, 2010.

?

Are you gonna use Folders

1. No

34 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Yes

358 vote(s)
    91.3%
  1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

As useful as the feature is, i don't think its gonna be used as much for me.
    Before, i used Categories from Cydia and when i had all the things organized, i immediately hated it

I have over 10 pages of Apps, but its the way i organized that kept me from using Categories
    I bet others have done the same, but i'd use each page as a section
    Page 1: All my Most Used Apps
    Page 2: Media Apps
    Page 3-6: GAMES GAMES AND MORE GAMES
    Page 7: "Useless at most times" Apps
    Page 8: Stock iPhone Apps
    Page 9-10: Cydia Apps

I just dont see myself using the Folders Feature
    What about you?

2. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

If you have your apps set up by page, why not move the pages into folders, that way it would be even more organized.

3. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

thats what i thought but it looked....ugly :eek:

4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Right now, I only have 3 pages of apps (apple apps, social networking/utilities, and games) and I don't see myself using folders because it's not a lot of apps and I can probably get to the apps quicker than using folders. But I could definitely see it being useful if I had more apps.

5. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

of course I'm going to use it, for me its one of the features i'm looking forward to.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'll certainly be combining things that are different versions of the same thing.

I have 2 'Dig it' games and 2 versions of 'Galcon.' Those will each be combined into a single folder, yeah.

I don't know how much else I'll be doing...I'll probably leave my home page alone...I don't want to turn anything there into 2 taps instead of 1. But yeah, I'll use them somewhat.

7. ogdogg macrumors 6502

I used to have 4 pages of apps and now I fit all the ones I use on 1 page. It's executed very nicely and goes well with the way they implemented multitasking.

8. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

Yup!

Here! Here!

I have a TON of different apps. I tried jail breaking my iPhone before but I didn't like it. Also, I have 1password on it and I didn't like the feeling that my phone was no longer secure with all of my PWs on it. I jail broke to organize my apps and have better customization. I quickly went back to factory settings and have stayed ever since.

Now Apple will have folders (YAY!) and multitasking (YAY!)

I will use folders A LOT. Can't wait!

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Jailbreak/Infiniboard > folders

I can categories unlimited apps by page and scroll vertically. Folders is still great solution for non jailbreakers though.

10. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Absolutely. I'm sick of swiping 7 times just to get to something I want to use.

11. OnTheZone macrumors regular

I agree and i have 4.0 and love the folders. Would never go back, when i update the beta. I hate putting everything back into the folders.

12. tnisatard macrumors 6502

yes! i only have 4 pages of apps, but im definitely gonna use it for my games

13. RS232 macrumors regular

RS232

With the amount of apps I've got, folders would be great to organise the stuff!

14. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

15. suss2it macrumors regular

Yeah, I'll probably dump all my games into a folder or two.

16. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

You bet I'm going to use it , I love this feature.

I don't know what it is , but for some reason I keep Page 1 on my iPhone stock for 90 percent , I just got rid of the compass and some other App to make room for Tweetdeck and Belstatus ( a dutch app to check how much minutes I got left ). I just like the look of it that way, i guess. ( and I use some stock apps aswell )

On page 2 , I have all my news apps , if you will. Things like TUAW, NU ( dutch news app ) , iPhoneclub (another dutch app ) and much more... Oh yeah , MacRumors deserves a place on that page... just give me the app to place it there.

With folders, Im going to put all the news apps into one folder, call it Igziabeher, and place it on page 1 of my iPhone. HA! :)

17. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

With 17 pages of apps I certainly need folders like yesterday. Do I use all of these apps? Of course not but even if I want to use it once, folder keep them "out of sight out of mind" until i'm ready.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I will use it. I don't have a ton of apps, so I'll probably only have a couple of folders.

19. mrkowalski macrumors newbie

There are a lot of apps that do one or two things that are handy, but not frequently used.

I have downloaded a lot of these, only to remove them to make room for the next new thing.

I can't wait for the folders. I'd rather have that than multitasking (although I'll take that as well :)

20. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

21. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Why would you care if it looked ugly? Are all your friends using and seeing your iPhone or just you? :) In my 9 months of iPhone usage I think two other people have actually touched it.

How my screen setup(s) looks is the least determining factor for me. How folders work and make things easier for me is the sole factor.

Mike

22. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

23. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

24. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I'll probably be organizing a little bit. Just have to wait until the release to use it.

25. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1