Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NismoRoadster

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cerritos, CA
I signed back into my account and there was an option to add another 1GB for $.99 I have 500/MB 6 days left so who even knows how this thing works. I might have to add the other 1GB to see if it works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 195

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I signed back into my account and there was an option to add another 1GB for $.99 I have 500/MB 6 days left so who even knows how this thing works. I might have to add the other 1GB to see if it works.

Just curious, did you add the 1GB after all?

gusto616

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2011
I bought a second 1 GB 7 day plan even though the first one is not yet expired & got the email above.
I don't recall getting the email the first time - hmmm.

When I rechecked my account info, it says the second data plan I bought will start when my current one ends. We shall see...

I'll try to buy a few more & lyk what happens :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 215

butters149

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
what exactly does this mean? so you pay $.99 for 1 GB every 7 days? So monthly, you automatically get charged $4?

NismoRoadster

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cerritos, CA
It would be cool if you could add them back-to-back right now, and basically pay $4 for each month - try adding that plan 52 times and get a year of service for a shade under $52!

Actually i think you can, i added another gig and i finished my 1st gig and it just rolled to the next one i bought. It worked for Gusto616 also.

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
I don't usually get close to my current data cap. Edit: On my phone, that is. I don't have an iPad that can use a cellular network.

NismoRoadster

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cerritos, CA
I bought a second 1 GB 7 day plan even though the first one is not yet expired & got the email above.
I don't recall getting the email the first time - hmmm.

When I rechecked my account info, it says the second data plan I bought will start when my current one ends. We shall see...

I'll try to buy a few more & lyk what happens :D

So i did the same thing as you and it looks like it works! Screenshots below cuz people wont believe me. I also got a second email saying limit one per customer but i got a second gig and charged .99

1st gig

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 206

personas

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2012
It's true. I bought two .99 cent sessions.

After I bought the first one I got the confirmation email below (I removed my personal info from it). So, then I checked my AT&T data plan account and I have 2 months pending and my bank account was already charged for both. I figure I can get the 2nd one by claiming ignorance but more than that might not be honored by AT&T bc it clearly states only one per customer...however I'm tempted to just go ahead and buy 8...it was up to them to configure a rejection after one purchase, right?

How do you take a screenshot on an iPad, btw?

AT&T Domestic Data Plan Purchase Confirmation
Dear Valued Customer,

You have purchased the 1GB of data for 7 days rate plan. Please retain this information for future visits to your account via Settings on your iPad.

Your purchase amount was $0.99. If you paid by credit or debit card, this charge will appear on your statement as AT&T Data. Please retain this email as your receipt for use in expense reports, etc.
1GB of Data for 7 Days: Plan available for a limited time only. Not available to existing customers on a postpaid data plan. Plan is not transferable and cannot be combined with other offers. Limit one per customer. Your session automatically starts upon activation of the plan. Plan does not automatically renew. Coverage not available in all areas. Subject to Wireless Customer Agreement. Geographic, usage, and other terms, conditions, and restrictions apply. Taxes and other charges apply. 1GB of data available for 7 days or until allotment is used. For information on full terms and charges, see Session-Based Wireless Data Services Agreement at att.com/wirelesslegal.

NismoRoadster

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cerritos, CA
After I bought the first one I got the confirmation email below (I removed my personal info from it). So, then I checked my AT&T data plan account and I have 2 months pending and my bank account was already charged for both. I figure I can get the 2nd one by claiming ignorance but more than that might not be honored by AT&T bc it clearly states only one per customer...however I'm tempted to just go ahead and buy 8...it was up to them to configure a rejection after one purchase, right?

How do you take a screenshot on an iPad, btw?

AT&T Domestic Data Plan Purchase Confirmation
Dear Valued Customer,

You have purchased the 1GB of data for 7 days rate plan. Please retain this information for future visits to your account via Settings on your iPad.

Your purchase amount was $0.99. If you paid by credit or debit card, this charge will appear on your statement as AT&T Data. Please retain this email as your receipt for use in expense reports, etc.
1GB of Data for 7 Days: Plan available for a limited time only. Not available to existing customers on a postpaid data plan. Plan is not transferable and cannot be combined with other offers. Limit one per customer. Your session automatically starts upon activation of the plan. Plan does not automatically renew. Coverage not available in all areas. Subject to Wireless Customer Agreement. Geographic, usage, and other terms, conditions, and restrictions apply. Taxes and other charges apply. 1GB of data available for 7 days or until allotment is used. For information on full terms and charges, see Session-Based Wireless Data Services Agreement at att.com/wirelesslegal.

Just press the power and home button at the same time. Any iOS device.

supak111

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
I bought 4 and they all say pending so I think it will work once my month paid expires. I think I'm goon go and buy a bunch. Worse they can do is cancel my account, then I open another one lol.

f2vmjmp69

HERE IS AN IMAGE OF WHAT ATT SAY AFTER I PURCHASED 4 OF THEM:
http://postimg.org/image/f2vmjmp69/

Last edited:

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
is there a way to "bank" the additional gigs of data you buy to use later? or will it start the next gig immediately after 7 days?

ChristineJ

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
Ok now something seems wrong on this. I just checked and I can get 1 GB for $0.99 for 7 days but then that would mean 4 GB for $4 a month. What's the catch?
it for a limited time. And one time only. When u purchase it, your email states this.

Aardman

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Only for occasional cellular data users?

I sign up for a 30 day session a few times a year when I travel. Each time I barely break 1 gb of use. When i opened my account to cancel the auto renewal, I saw the 99 cent offer, I signed up right away. Today, I checked my account again and the offer is still there, so I signed up for a renewal and they accepted it. Apparently, not everyone gets the offer. Maybe only light users who don't tax the network's resources? Don't know how long the gravy will drip but will keep on signing up as long as it's available.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado

supak111

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
[/COLOR]So far I'm up to 32 purchases that start after the 1GB that I'm currently using which expires in 2 days.
Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

haha I like this guy, i did 4 and though I was pushing it. I'm gonna do same as him as soon as my first 7 days expires and the second one starts. Or should I say if the second one starts at all lol. If the seconds one starts I'm gonna buy few years worth

PS I really think that they have a glitch in their system that lets you buy more then 1. Now its just a matter of time before they fix the glitch I think so lets keep this quit lol

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
haha I like this guy, i did 4 and though I was pushing it. I'm gonna do same as him as soon as my first 7 days expires and the second one starts. Or should I say if the second one starts at all lol. If the seconds one starts I'm gonna buy few years worth

PS I really think that they have a glitch in their system that lets you buy more then 1. Now its just a matter of time before they fix the glitch I think so lets keep this quit lol

I'd agree that its a glitch, the question is will they let us keep the data or refund us???

supak111

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
Yea I'm not sure what they'll do when they figure it out. If they let us keep the data great, if they refund the money also fine as we didn't lose anything so here comes 50 more purchases lol.

They wont find out for a long time if we keep it quiet. I searched google and this is the only thing that comes up having to do with it which is great.

But seeing how its a glitch even when they figure it out they wont really know who bought what (no record as its a glitch), from what I know about software dev. they will just fix the glitch and no one will be able to buy more then 1 after the fix

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.