Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Got about 6 months on my wifes iPad, although I may try to see if the sim works in my windows tablet.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
And I a just learning about this... Hope they bring this back.

If they do, they will implement in a way in which people won't be able to stack data plans and buy a whole year of data for a song. I got a summers worth of data for $14. Amazing. Wish I'd got more.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
And I a just learning about this... Hope they bring this back.

I doubt AT&T will bring back the 1GB for 99¢/7day plan. However, I do think we may see a 1GB plan of some kind in the future.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

supak111

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
Got about 6 months on my wifes iPad, although I may try to see if the sim works in my windows tablet.

IPAD sim works in any device, I use it in iPhone 5 and android HTC One. You just have to change apn settings, its easy.

Im glad i got 40 weeks 10 months worth :). Wish I got more but why be greedy

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
IPAD sim works in any device, I use it in iPhone 5 and android HTC One. You just have to change apn settings, its easy.

Nice, now I just have to get a sim adapter and figure out how to change the APN settings on my windows tablet.

supak111

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
Nice, now I just have to get a sim adapter and figure out how to change the APN settings on my windows tablet.

here is how to change it on android tablet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69lHUIkEOIE

Should be same on windows just find the APN setting somewhere in settings app.

and you can make a sim adapter where the nano sim fits into phone/tablets that use micro sim. I just cut one out of an old gift card plastic, or buy one on ebay for $.99

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I talked to AT&T twice. Once over the phone and once at a store. Thinking about swapping my unlimited data plan from my iPhone to my iPad and sending the 3GB iPad plan over to the phone. Data usage on the iPad has been a lot higher so it can benefit from Unlimited. Luckily I just caught it this month. Used 3052 of 3072 MB. That was close! AT&T said that it won't be a problem. Only drawback for me is my cell phone will have my iPad's phone number.

I'm wondering if I can set up call forwarding on the phone before I do that. That way, if someone calls my current phone number, it will forward to the iPad number that will be on the phone after the swap.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
My guess is that it is, or at least meant to be, for first time sign ups and just one use.

Apparently you didn't read the thread before replying. Some people bought a years worth or more. I bought 6 months worth. Wish I could have afforded more but 6 months at $.99 per week is a huge savings and good enough for me.

MriPadMiniMan

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
That would be cool if like I was over and I could buy a gig for .99 to get me through the last of the mouth till the first

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I don't think so. I just grabbed them up a few at a time over the course of three or four days while the promotion was going on.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA

So I can put my iPad 4 sim into my iPhone 5 then put that sim in the iPad 4? And if so, what happens if I do that? Is it just the data plans that are swapped or the phone numbers too or?

Thanks!

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
So I can put my iPad 4 sim into my iPhone 5 then put that sim in the iPad 4? And if so, what happens if I do that? Is it just the data plans that are swapped or the phone numbers too or?

Thanks!

The iPad 4 uses a micro sim and the iPhone 5 uses a nano sim so you would have a problem there.

If the 5 works like my iPhone 4S, I have to change the APN on my 4S so that it can use the iPad data sim.

RobertoG

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2013
I bought 2 weeks and currently I am in the last day of the second and last week. I could not believe it would roll into the second week and I should have bought more :D

I am currently using it in my laptop's 3G modem and it works as ... unexpected :D

Now I am going to Netflix until the end of the GB.

RobertoG

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2013
Are the 99-cent week plans still rolling? What happens if you finish your GB in less than 7 days?

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Are the 99-cent week plans still rolling? What happens if you finish your GB in less than 7 days?

I bought over a years worth and so far the plan has continued to roll over to the next one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374016712.623385.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I purchased groups of 25 at a time. Probably around two years worth when all was said and done.
One morning simply attempted another grouping and the deal was done.

Still going strong. I don't use the full cap of 1GB each week and imagine my iPad will be loaded with data available to me well into 2015 (at the cost of approximately four months worth, regular price).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.