AT&T Announces New Unlimited Data Plan With 10GB of Tethering and $25 Off DirecTV

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 26, 2017.

1. eurogreek macrumors newbie

Can you add these unlimited plans to a tablet.

2. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

Yes! i added my iPad Pro for just $20/month. You have to add it through the AT&T site and then they send you a SIM card.

3. camarograna2 macrumors member

Just reporting back. I have had t mobile for full week. No signal issues in DFW, faster speed than my service with ATT at home, faster speed than my boss phone on Verizon, traveled to Philly and no signal issues there.

Also my price for 4 lines was reduced. The T-Mobile store girl gave me a 20% off for life promo meant for new customer and it kicked in even though I was just activated. 4 lines during 3 for 100 promo came out to 120 + 20% is $96. Best decision to have left att grandfathered even with my 19% FAN

4. eurogreek macrumors newbie

So just switched over to the new unlimited plus plan. I also added the net gear unite Pro for $20 so my kids can stream on there iPad. Hopefully it's better or the same as the old unlimited plan. My question is now that we have the hot spot, can any stranger just hoop onto my hotspot? Reason why I'm asking is when I turn it off from my phone, I tap on my iPads setting and it turns on the hotspot without a password. It does it on all my tablets without a password. So it make me wonder if someone close by can use my data?

5. avanpelt macrumors 68020

It sounds like both devices are signed into the same iCloud account. As far as I know, any Mac or iOS device that is signed into the same iCloud account as the device that has Personal Hotspot feature can automatically use the hotspot without password entry needed.

I don't have an iPad using the same iCloud account as my iPhone; but my Mac and iPhone do use the same iCloud account and I know my Mac is able to automatically connect to and use my phone's Personal Hotspot when the phone is nearby without me needing to turn on Personal Hotspot or enter the hotspot password.

Any other Apple device that is not signed into your iCloud account and any non-Apple device will be required to enter the password you've specified in the Personal Hotspot settings.

6. eurogreek macrumors newbie

Got it! I have both of my kids on my iCloud account. Saves me the headache until they get older!

7. ovo6 macrumors 6502

Wait wait so I just went to att and try to open a account with them and it's require to select the unlimited plans whattt

8. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68020

What?

9. campyguy macrumors 68030

Wut?

10. ovo6 macrumors 6502

Go to att.com as if you are a new user and want to open a account there only two plans available the unlimited ones wtf
    --- Post Merged, Mar 26, 2017 ---
    IMG_8125.PNG Whatt, with this horrible plans is how they plan to compete with t mobile
    --- Post Merged, Mar 26, 2017 ---
    This the link they gave me https://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/data-plans.html?referrer= I still can pick those plan it for re users it says u gotta call or go to the store

11. atmenterprises macrumors regular

VZW doesn't offer this to prepaid customers however. Off topic but thought it was important to mention.

12. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I switched from 4 phones plus and iPad, 30g
    4 lines of unlimited was $53 more a month.

Att switched me back

13. atmenterprises macrumors regular

What we pay in higher cell phone rates here in the U.S. we make up for in not paying for heat or snow removal. :D

14. campyguy macrumors 68030

First, I was being silly, chiming in on the what? wat? wut? bit. Sorry for that.

I did just convert over to the UL plan with 3 lines, it works for my needs even though it's not a grand plan but I did get offered several other options for shared plans (from 6-40GB, one of which I might choose from if it makes sense to me). I did go to a local corporate store FWIW.

As to T-Mo, not an option for my needs as I'm in the PNW - service holes bigger than most Eastern states out here! Cheers!