AT&T Premier status Order thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derek87, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Derek87 macrumors 6502

(moderator: delete or move if you think this is too redundant)...

it seems that there are several incarnations of how one can order through AT&T (Premier, non Premier, in store, and not) as well as apparent differences in shipping time for 16gb and 32gb models.

anyway, i thought i'd start a separate thread for us Premier folks because it seems we are getting slower shipping times than others. :(

Please put down your ordering date and capacity ordered and maybe this will help some get an idea of when to expect theirs rather than incessantly looking at the other status thread and/or hitting refresh on the AT&T status page over and over again. LOL

me:
    ordered 7/19/2010 at 9am
    32gb

still on backorder.

aside: for those of you who ordered on premier and weren't aware, you can check your status for a little more info away from the premier site which just shows "processing" by going to:

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

2. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

I ordered a 32GB on 7/23 at about 9:45 in the morning from the Premier website. I'm still on backorder, but I figured as much to be honest.

3. blueturf macrumors member

I ordered a 32GB on the 9th. It shipped the 11th and I received it the 12th. I ordered a 16GB for my wife on the 13th. Its still on backorder.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I placed my Premier order this morning (7/26) around 11am for the 16gb. As expected, when I check the status, it says it's on back order. However, I really don't anticipate receiving my phone until mid-August at the earliest.

5. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

AT&T store in the smith haven mall in NY has them today.

My girlfriend wentto Apple and they were out so she walked over to the AT&T store and got a 16 gig black no problem....

6. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

wow! sounds like you caught the system in a lull or maybe you were just lucky.

while there seems to be some consistent ordering to when things ship or come off of backorder based on 16 vs 32 and premier vs. non-premier (both of the latters are preferential), unless people are being dishonest in their sharing, it seems there is some randomness to a few people being BO for a long time and some people getting really fast shipments.

it's a little surprising that your wife's hasn't come off backorder yet but maybe you are being hit by the double whammy of being premier and ordering a 16gb model.

7. blueturf macrumors member

Pic or it didn't happen, right?

Attached Files:

• att.JPG
      att.JPG
      File size:
      41.2 KB
      Views:
  8. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

;) ha ha...no, i wasn't suggest that your info wasn't correct. i really do think there is some randomness in the system for AT&T and it isn't truly first come first served...

9. sn1pes macrumors newbie

Ordered through premier as well last Thursday. Status shows 'Processing'. Any way for me to use the standard ATT web interface to get more info like the rest of you? I'm a new ATT customer porting my number and none of the options on the standard ATT site are recognizing my order, just the Premier site showing 'Processing'.

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

What on Earth? I ordered on July 19th (around 11 PM). I purchased a 32GB Black model and it was shipped on July 23rd (last Friday). I ordered from the AT&T Premier site of course.

11. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

You should be able to. It asks if you want to look up your order by mobile number, home/work number, or order number when you go to https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/. The info on the page Premier sends you the link to is completely useless.

12. erochajr macrumors newbie

Ordered mine on the 13th and is still back ordered.
    16gb

13. chrisd0pher macrumors newbie

I ordered on June 28th Monday through AT&T Premier. Shipped out same week July 1st over night shipping. Received it Friday July 2nd.

14. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

I just got the following email from Premier:

Did anybody else get one of these? I have a feeling they know how many times I checked my order status over the past few days...:eek:

15. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

exactly...this is what is so confusing...the inconsistency and apparent not "first come, first served" nature of these back orders.

16. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah...i got one of those too...i guess the good news is that they seem to know we still exist and are waiting on our phones!

17. timmy2 macrumors member

Me too - same email

I got the same email - I ordered on the 19th. The att order status site says the 21st. the premier site says the 19th.

whatever!!

like watching paint dry

18. deeddawg macrumors 604

Ordered 32GB via Premier online on 7/23. Showing on backorder.

19. OGM3 macrumors newbie

ordered (3) iphone 4 16gb on the 7/21 on the premier site.

shows order date of the 7/22 on the "regular" att site, but 7/21 on the premier site.

all backordered/in progress as of today. i dont expect anything till next week.

weird thing is that i dont have a charge on my cc (amex if it matters) yet for anything.

when did you guys get that 2nd e-mail from the premier site after placing your initial order?

20. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Premier order 7/19, 8am EST. 16GB. Still backordered.

I don't expect that to change until early next week. If I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised, if not, at least I'll spare myself from being unnecessarily grumpy over this coming weekend.

I'll definitely keep posting in this thread with any updates though.

And thumbs up on the idea of making a separate Premier thread.

21. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I got that email 7 days after my order date. But I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to when that comes. I suspect they come out in batches and are sent to anyone still on backorder, regardless of order date.

22. ndgraz macrumors newbie

my order from premier:
    ordered 7/16/2010 at 4:40pm
    32gb

Still backordered.

I gotta be close to the front of the line...

23. wstcstdrmr macrumors newbie

ordered on 7/14 premier. still on BO.

i have not received the email.

24. ndgraz macrumors newbie

16GB or 32GB?

25. wstcstdrmr macrumors newbie

16gb