Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antomir

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
“Activate postpaid unlimited wireless service (min. $75/mo. for new unlimited customers before discounts).”
Those are the terms on att trade in website.
Yeah I was looking at them now. Its not 100% clear. Regardless, even if the $75 cost applies to existing customers, I'm good as well. I'm just gonna sit and wait until November 6th and see what happens now. The one year I decide to go for a Max phone, Apple decides to make it launch later haha. Just my luck. Thanks again!

cjgonzales1900

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Yeah I was looking at them now. Its not 100% clear. Regardless, even if the $75 cost applies to existing customers, I'm good as well. I'm just gonna sit and wait until November 6th and see what happens now. The one year I decide to go for a Max phone, Apple decides to make it launch later haha. Just my luck. Thanks again!
Good luck!

Bballrob

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2017
Alaska
From what he’s saying he did the “trade in upgrade” key world there is upgrade I think he simply traded back in the xr without doing the $800 credits without knowing.

No, I didn’t. I do believe I was on NEXT which is why I didn’t have to payoff through last 5 payments, but I’ve got a receipt from the store I turned it in verifying I’ll get the $800 in bill credits.

Reactions: kuietstorm

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
What you betting?
I have never heard of a trade in where someone owed money on a device and the carrier didn’t collect the balance. (AT&T Next doesn’t count, you need to pay 50% to upgrade and that’s previously established.)

orangecrushv

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Dallas
I’m still waiting on my return package but will I need to do anything on the tradein.att.com site or do I just package up the phone whenever the return slip arrives?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I’m still waiting on my return package but will I need to do anything on the tradein.att.com site or do I just package up the phone whenever the return slip arrives?
Half the time people never even get the envelope from ATT for the trade in, just print out the shipping label, all the reference numbers are on it and ship in your own box with some bubble wrap to keep the phone nice during transit.

orangecrushv

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Dallas
I was really hoping to get the shipping label, since I gave up an at-home printer years ago... but havent had access to an office printer since March ?

cjgonzales1900

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
I have never heard of a trade in where someone owed money on a device and the carrier didn’t collect the balance. (AT&T Next doesn’t count, you need to pay 50% to upgrade and that’s previously established.)
Same here. He is either not giving the whole story or att didn’t tell him they are going to bill him those last payments.

Reactions: blairh

cjgonzales1900

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
No, I didn’t. I do believe I was on NEXT which is why I didn’t have to payoff through last 5 payments, but I’ve got a receipt from the store I turned it in verifying I’ll get the $800 in bill credits.
Next only allows you to not pay off the credits when you turn back in the phone and upgrade to a new one. It doesn’t allow you to get both the $800 credits and not pay the remaining balance. I’m just trying to look out for you and give you some advice because I think your next bill will be bigger than you think.

Reactions: drew05

cjgonzales1900

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
I was really hoping to get the shipping label, since I gave up an at-home printer years ago... but havent had access to an office printer since March ?
You can go to a print center such as FedEx or shipping store they usually only charge pennies to print labels. Then walk it into whichever service they give you (FedEx, ups, post office) and get a receipt for the drop off

mwhals

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Makes sense. Early adopters will get the best deal and the people they tell about it will get a slightly worse deal. But hey $700 still good!

Wrong. It makes no sense, because no one can be an early odopter of an iPhone 12 mini or iPhone 12 Pro Max by November 5th.

CandyCane23049

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2009
I went to an AT&T store that I usually frequent to ask if they would accept my phone, and the person told me that I have to order through AT&T and not Apple to get the credit or I will only get $200 for my X. Told me to cancel my order from Apple and everything to get the $800 credit.

I just called AT&T, and the person said that's not true, of course, and they don't know where that's coming from. The offer says all channels and not only AT&T, of course, and that I meet the requirements for the $800.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I went to an AT&T store that I usually frequent to ask if they would accept my phone, and the person told me that I have to order through AT&T and not Apple to get the credit or I will only get $200 for my X. Told me to cancel my order from Apple and everything to get the $800 credit.

I just called AT&T, and the person said that's not true, of course, and they don't know where that's coming from. The offer says all channels and not only AT&T, of course, and that I meet the requirements for the $800.
Yet another example of carrier in-store employees showcasing their incompetence.

The deal is LITERALLY on the Apple site as we speak.

CandyCane23049

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2009
Yet another example of carrier in-store employees showcasing their incompetence.

The deal is LITERALLY on the Apple site as we speak.
I was so mad that I just left and was like ok. Meanwhile saying in my head that it's not true and how can someone not know more about where they work at?

Reactions: blairh

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007

I think they want the sale themselves

Still ... bit desperate

Liberal

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2011
Connecticut

Yeah, I'd go to a different store. I turned in my phone without issue and my parents turned in their phones without issue. They never even asked where the phones were ordered from.

jesChexin

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2018
Does anyone have an idea of how complicated it would be to return my iPhone 12 Pro to Apple within the return window and order the iPhone 12 Pro Max instead, obviously getting $700 in credits instead of the $800 in credits? I hate to have to go through the exercise and don't want to be without a phone, but my battery life is horrible. Up at 8 am and my battery is dead by 7 pm. I even napped for a few hours today, but my battery page things the screen was on the whole time. I'm hoping the 12 Pro Max will be able to get me through the day.

Attachments

• 6E41D1CA-BB3C-49A0-8C4C-D048753228BC.jpeg
    6E41D1CA-BB3C-49A0-8C4C-D048753228BC.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 79

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2011
Just to confirm, are you guys having ok luck ordering through Apple then getting the $800? Apple’s lead time is lower than ordering through AT&T

CandyCane23049

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2009
Yeah, I'd go to a different store. I turned in my phone without issue and my parents turned in their phones without issue. They never even asked where the phones were ordered from.
Yeah, I was going to try another store around me. Did they give you a piece of paper to show that you traded the phone in?

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
So I ordered and received a 12 Pro in blue this week from Best Buy, total prices was 36 hours after I upgraded shipping to UPS ground. Took my paid off iPhone X to ATT store yesterday, they saw on my account that I had upgraded phone and immediately took my phone and gave me credit / via email and a form I walked out with.

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2011
Can anyone elaborate on the process when buying from Apple? Apple indicated I just wait for the phone to come then take my XS to AT&T to trade in. Is this accurate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.