Australian iPhone Pre-Order and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsmith189, Sep 9, 2017.

1. shooter03 macrumors regular

shooter03

2. Vampire14 macrumors regular

Vampire14

Well done! Yes it’s a great time saver - but gotta be quick. Not fast enough Saturday, so fingers crossed that it happens for me tomorrow am!

3. RECONx476 macrumors newbie

Anyone else have a shipping date of 14/11 to 21/11?

4. craigd macrumors 6502

Loving it.

5. Vampire14 macrumors regular

Vampire14

Have any of us Aussies been able to reserve through the Apple store app an iPhone X with their local store as yet? I tried on Sat am but missed out by seconds - had to select time slot and as I did it was gone! No stock has been delivered to my Charlestown store since Sat. Didn’t set the alarm for 5:55 am today as would’ve been too hard to organise pick up. Will be setting that alarm tomorrow though. It’s killing me not having this elusive iPhone!!!
    Any tips or tricks anyone can offer up?

6. mmacrumor macrumors newbie

mmacrumor

i got my one via pre-order on launch day, i was trying to reserve for a friend whose 6 died and he bought a cheap android while he waits for the X, so no apple store app for him.

i managed to get to the same point where you did on Saturday, i was able to select a slot and then missed to secure it.

no stock on Sunday and noting this morning as well.

7. sarc macrumors member

Love it so far. Got use to the new swipe gestures very fast (just a few hours on Friday). No complaints so far.
    Coming from a 6+ I love how it feels in the hand. The form factor is really good.

8. shooter03 macrumors regular

shooter03

Yeah same. Didn’t take long to get used to it at all. The size is pretty sweet and Face ID and the front camera are great.

9. Waughy, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

Waughy macrumors regular

Loving it. Space Grey 256Gb model. I ordered through Telstra, but as I didn't overly trust them after last year with my 7+ I reserved one through Apple as well. Lucky I did, because Telstra screwed up, resulting in my order being cancelled. Picked up the phone from Apple on Friday and so far there's nothing about it I don't like. The screen is fantastic, the size doesn't bother me coming from a 7+, Face ID works flawlessly, even with polarised sunnies.

Had a play with some AR stuff, it works quite well. Haven't taken many photos, but so far the photo quality is very impressive. Gestures were very easy to pick up, I'm not missing the home button, although the double press of the side button to get apps in the app store is taking a little longer to remember.

My only annoyance is seeing the location symbol constantly. I know it's there because I have weather set to always use location services for my Apple watch, and I have significant locations turned on. I'm still looking into significant locations to see if I really need it on.

Overall I'm very impressed with the phone, glad I got one.

10. Vampire14 macrumors regular

Vampire14

Yes, I did the select other stores at 7 am through the buy now out of curiosity, and the only store in Australia was Broadway in Sydney. It only was an option for like 10 minutes though.
    Been trying to suss out stock arrivals via iStocknow.com - but no changes or updated I far.
    Really counting on new availability tomorrow am!!!

11. tmiles81 macrumors member

Best phone ever imo!
    I did have an issue which started late on Friday night - the dreaded green line on the right hand side. If you look at that thread, a few others have also had this problem.
    Apple at Highpoint exchanged it for a new one - apparently i got honours of the first one to come back with a fault! Yay me!
    I went Space Grey 256gb

12. millydog macrumors regular

millydog

My Telstra pre-order, 256GB Silver, arrived today (didn’t get here on Friday as I had hoped). I’m coming from an iPhone 7 Plus and love the X just as much as I did my 7+.

Telstra has cancelled my husbands preorder last night and they don’t know why it was cancelled. The order was all approved and we were told earlier that his X (256GB Space Grey) would arrive on 03/11. Still trying to get it sorted.

13. Kristine macrumors 6502a

I've had my iPhone X since launch day. Like the X, but love my iPhone 7 Plus.

I prefer the matte black smooth finish on my 7 Plus and it feels much better in my hand, but this could just be because I have had plus size phones since the 6 Plus was released.

The iPhone X looks great in silver (which I have) and FaceID is awesome, but I'm just not 'wowed' by the device. The iPhone X OLED display is uniform, and with TrueTone disabled and Colour Filters enabled there is minimal blue shift. I am not a fan of the speakers and find the sound on my iPhone 7 Plus is better, especially at higher volumes.

I'm conflicted with which one to keep, but I'll probably just keep the X because I like to get each new iteration of the iPhone, I promised to gift my iPhone 7 Plus to my sister, and I really dislike returning things.

14. daniel.dawson.397 macrumors newbie

Lucked out today. Logged in to the reservation page at 1pm Perth time and it was active. Reserved a 256GB Silver model for pickup at Perth Apple store 1:30-2pm. Had it in my hands and back in the office just after 2pm!

Now for the agonising wait for the working day to end so I can go home and set it up!

15. Vampire14 macrumors regular

Vampire14

Still no stock in all of NSW! I swore that they would have new deliveries by this am. Have been trying the reservation page since 5:55 am!

16. Sprayznprayz macrumors newbie

Sprayznprayz

Does anyone else have shipping 6/11 - 13/11? I haven’t received any updates since I preordered on the 27th. Was kinda hoping at least a tracking number, even if it’s in China...

17. daniel.dawson.397 macrumors newbie

iPhone X 256GB Silver with Taupe Leather Folio. Brilliant! Apart from the screen, the feature that has impressed me most so far is FaceID. It works flawlessly, even in low light, while wearing glasses/sunglasses etc.

[​IMG]

18. iJess85 macrumors member

Looks like I made second round of pre orders with Optus... apparently mine is due on Nov 16th... the agonising wait continues :(

19. Vampire14 macrumors regular

Vampire14

7C398AB6-C2AB-440E-8E12-53A858DAE083.jpeg D8932935-7D67-406D-9C33-002DE5FFF7CE.jpeg Well, it pays to go in and ask at your local Apple Store - probably helps that I know some the staff well - as look what I walked out with....

20. iJess85 macrumors member

I need mine re contracted with Optus however...

21. Sprayznprayz macrumors newbie

Sprayznprayz

NVM

Status just changed to ‘preparing to ship’ and money debited from account. I’m I Melbourne,AUS FYI.

22. jerrah macrumors member

Count yourself lucky!

My pre-order from Apple is sitting at 11-18th of December! The website still lists 3-4 weeks which is less time than my current delivery estimate from last week!

I'm sure it'll turn up sometime I guess, even better if it's not the week before Christmas! I've been checking the "in store pickup" at 6am since Saturday morning but have only seen the sporadic 64GB models pop up.

23. drunifex macrumors member

I tried this morning started at 5.30am to 6.15 refreshing the reservation page and nothing. Sick to death of Apple at this point. Got screwed on preorder when their website wouldn’t switch over now i wasted another hour.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 7, 2017 ---
    I got the same date range. 15-20 minutes in to preorder i managed to make the order because the stupid website was broken. How long in did you order the phone ?

24. Sprayznprayz macrumors newbie

Sprayznprayz

This is true, I do. I got my order through 8 minutes into the release window and it was a very frantic 8 minutes of refreshing my app, and my work computer. 2 mins later it was 5-6 weeks.

Have people had luck looking at good guys, Myers, Harvey Norman or jb hifi stores as I heard their online stock doesn’t necessarily resonate with their inventory that well?

Anyway good luck! I don’t expect to see mine until closer to 13th but we’ll see.

25. JustMeDevin macrumors newbie

JustMeDevin

Has anyone from NZ with a 14/11 - 21/11 delivery date seen any movement yet?