Auto import photos from folder to "Photos" app

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rhett7660, Mar 12, 2019.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Hello,

I have a NAS system that has the auto upload function set for my iPhone. However, I would like to take those photos and have them auto upload into Apple Photos app. Is there anything that can do this? I am assuming automator, but I have searched and I haven't been able to find something meets my needs. I have the one part done with the getting them off my phone automatically, now I would like to get them into the app.

Thanks

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Why not sync the iPhone through iTunes, and then the photos will go straight to Photos?

3. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Because I do it all via wifi. Unless there is something that I am missing. Once I hit my wifi zone, I fire up the app and it automatically sends all my photos to a folder. The NAS box does have a photo viewer, with some controls, but I would like to use the Photos app on my Mac.

I don't want to have to connect each time. Because I don't always sit down at my computer.

4. chabig, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019

chabig macrumors 603

You don't have to connect with a wire. Just turn on iCloud Photos and they all stay in sync automatically. If you’re anti-iCloud, an Automater folder action will be easy to create.

5. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

Have you tried playing with Automator? You could probably make a script to run daily. Ordering Photos to import a given folder then Finder empty the contents.

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Which App is that?

You can set up your Mac to automatically sync your iPhone via WiFi in iTunes. I would imagine that it would then send pictures to Photos, although I haven't tried it.

7. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Is is DS File, it is from Synology and it works with my NAS box.

I would rather see if there is another option instead of iTunes.

8. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

I have not since I am not very good with Automator. Looks like I will try a go at it again.