Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

232845-MacCAD.jpg

Autodesk is expected to announce the release of AutoCAD for the Mac, iPad and iPhone platforms on Tuesday. This represents the return of AutoCAD to the Mac platform after nearly a two decade hiatus.
The return of AutoCAD to the Mac could help Apple sustain its momentum in the competitive market for personal computers, especially with business customers, where Apple has made significant inroads recently. Autodesk estimates that 10 million people use the AutoCAD software around the world, and the company said that its customers had been asking for a Mac version with growing frequency.
We first revealed screenshots of the beta version of AutoCAD back in May which had undergone early testing.

Meanwhile a mobile version called AutoCAD WS will be available free on Apple's App Store for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. The free version is said to allow users to view AutoCAD designs and make minor changes.

The Mac OS X version of AutoCAD should be released by the end of October.

Article Link: Autodesk to Release AutoCAD for Mac, iPad and iPhone

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Yay! One more stake through Windows' heart! Now I just need MS Visual Studio or a like that can make C++ programmes for school...

Comment

Somtaaw

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2010
Why do people need AutoCad on iPhone & iPad?

To view AutoCAD files on the fly. It's actually a pretty neat idea.

I just wish a developer would make an app that allows you to view .obj or .fbx model files for iPhone or iPad. That'd be a pretty useful niche app.

Comment

joshjoshlol

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
Hoping to see some 64 bit goodness. So much of the Adobe CS5 suite left much to be desired with their questionable hodgepodge adoption of 64 bit on OSX...

Comment

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
AWESOME. Now I can remove Windows 7! (shoot, I still need it for Blu-ray movies :rolleyes: )

Comment

ranReloaded

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Tokyo
Its not his fault. Blame the Uni. The whole campus is running Vista.

As Steve would put it: "You're going to the wrong University" :D

Back in the day, we had Windows NT4/Solaris dual boot Fujitsus. The C lessons
were taught exclusively on Solaris/emacs...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.