Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

03alberner.danke

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2021
I have battery drain issue since IOS 15 (delivered with my brand new iPhone 13, you now the one that claimed "15% more battery life" than iPhone 12) ...
It is a nightmare. It empties itself of 60% during the night (unused obviously) ... I was hoping IOS 15.1 fixes this but not. My iPad Air 2 also empties itself in less than a day just sitting here, although here the battery health is due to the age not the best ... but under IOS 14 it was holding 3 days.

Reactions: Mirachan_007

03alberner.danke

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2021
right I have also the issue on my iPhone 13 ... This is why I kind of guess this comes from IOS 15. Apple is ruining its reputation releasing those craps OS. Why the hell do they think obliged to come up with something "new" (is there anything new really?) every 12 months ? Look at the first screen on the iPad ... it looks like s**** under IOS15.
They should take their time and come up with something of good quality, properly tested that's worth the money we pay the hardware for.

stx66

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2004
I noticed that my iPad Pro 9.7, the battery drain is became faster after the iPadOS update to 15.1.
Have anyone the same issue?
My mom has the same iPad and the same issue. I have a 12.9 iPad Pro (and 2 other iPads, 4 iPhones) with no issues. The battery drain is so fast you can actually watch it drop. Very frustrating.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
iPad batteries, especially on iPad pros, are médiocre for years now. I give up and just plug it almost every time I’m not using it.

its kind of funny to see my 13 pro max having almost twice the battery life vs my 11 inch iPad Pro.

Stevela1900

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2021
I noticed that my iPad Pro 9.7, the battery drain is became faster after the iPadOS update to 15.1.
Have anyone the same issue?
Yes, same iPad, same issue. It’s so bad I am considering a trade-in. Perhaps this will be fixed in a future iPadOS release.

UNCrUs

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2021
My iPad Pro 9.7 went from battery drop of 10-15% daily to 40-50% since the IOS 15.1 update. I put it in Airplane mode and battery drains 1-2% daily.

I am also experiencing notification problems on my iPhone XS. I only receive notification from phone, messages, calendar and Snapchat (snap I could do without). I am not getting my Amazon, eBay, UPS, Capital One, news, weather, Walmart and MyChart (medical). These are app notifications I really need.

I have tried every Focus configuration possible!

Very frustrating!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillyphil0302

UNCrUs

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2021
My iPad Pro 9.7 went from battery drop of 10-15% daily to 40-50% since the IOS 15.1 update. I put it in Airplane mode and battery drains 1-2% daily.

I am also experiencing notification problems on my iPhone XS. I only receive notification from phone, messages, calendar and Snapchat (snap I could do without). I am not getting my Amazon, eBay, UPS, Capital One, news, weather, Walmart and MyChart (medical). These are app notifications I really need.

I have tried every Focus configuration possible!

Very frustrating!!!
*Update*
Fixed my iPad Pro 9.7 battery drain! Turned off "Share Across Devices" on iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro and battery drain improved from 40-50% loss to about 10% daily loss.

iPhone xs appears to be fixed. I am starting to get some notifications on some apps by deleting the app and re-installing.

I hope this will help some of you that are having issues!!

Last edited:

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
*Update*
Fixed my iPad Pro 9.7 battery drain! Turned off "Share Across Devices" on iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro and battery drain improved from 40-50% loss to about 10% daily loss.

iPhone xs appears to be fixed. I am starting to get some notifications on some apps by deleting the app and re-installing.

I hope this will help some of you that are having issues!!
What setting are you referring exactly? Do you mean the setting to let iPad receive normal SMS or phone calls from the iPhone ?

UNCrUs

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2021
What setting are you referring exactly? Do you mean the setting to let iPad receive normal SMS or phone calls from the iPhone ?
Go to iphone and iPad settings, Focus, turn off "Share Across Devices". I also did the same for my Macbook. In my opinion the iPad, which I typically don't charge accept when needed is constantly syncing with my iPhone and Macbook when sharing is turned on and running my iPad battery down. iPad has been doing really good since turning off sharing.

JudeJude

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2020
Scotland
Go to iphone and iPad settings, Focus, turn off "Share Across Devices". I also did the same for my Macbook. In my opinion the iPad, which I typically don't charge accept when needed is constantly syncing with my iPhone and Macbook when sharing is turned on and running my iPad battery down. iPad has been doing really good since turning off sharing.
Didn't work with mine. Mine is also running VERY laggy. It's becoming annoying, I'm considering saving to replace but that's exactly what apple wants, call me cynical.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.