Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Why did you need to make the tittle all caps calm down. You need to let the background task run and it finish setup. Apps will optimize and learn usage patterns and it will get better. Can’t judge it on the first few hours or days when your setting it up and playing around with it a bit more than you think you are.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
iPhone 12 Pro battery disappointing even using 4G LTE. I’ m surprised
If I was using 5G I could understand it
But the fact that the 11 Pro beats it is sad
Have you got one, or are you just commenting on reviews? Be good to see some figures if you have tested it yourself.
I’m moving from 11 pro max to 12 pro. And I do notice the battery life is significantly worse than the max during the 12-ish hours I got
The 12 battery is much smaller than the Max, this shouldn’t be a surprise...

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Battery life isn’t going to be the same for everyone. It depends on how the OP is using his phone, cellular signal strength, WiFi strength, screen brightness, apps installed, as well as apps being used and left in the background. And lets not forget user preference settings.

OP, you didn’t mention anything about these salient points. How are we supposed to offer help?

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hmmm, what about the so called efficient a14, the 12 should smoke my xs max for battery going off apple marketing bs.

XS Max 3,174mAh vs 12 Pro 2,815 mAh

Yes the cpu is more efficient but you have no way of knowing whether any of the other new parts, features etc draw more power and as a result, make use of the efficiency!

The last thing I’d ever expect is a larger phone and battery to be beaten by a smaller one. Certainly wouldn’t proclaim to be surprised by it anyway!

menist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
I’m still testing out the first charge. Initial thoughts, battery feels/seems to last/drain like my 8+ with 97% battery health, with identical use, and 5G turned off. Hopefully the second charge is better, will make a final decision Sunday night if I’ll keep it or send it back.

Reactions: clunkmess

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
So far today... since 8am (now 9:21pm), I've had 5hrs and 18m of screen on time... with 1hr 46m screen off with 45% battery remaining. The usual installing, playing with, taking pictures and video etc etc. This is certainly better than the iP X that has 99% battery health that we also have. After a week or so when things settle down I'll have a better idea but no complaints so far.

Home_Economist

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2020
With my iPhone 12 I noticed that it gets very hot when using safari. Perhaps this is contributing to battery drain? Is that the case for anyone else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.