iPhone X Battery life is crazy on the X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Nov 8, 2017.

1. BigDO macrumors 6502a

BigDO

Um, you did take into consideration that your 7+ battery is (probably) at least a year old?

2. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Wow you really are getting desperate now

I fail to see why you have such a hard time getting to grips that the x has great battery life.

Not everyone has the same usage patterns and some will have in different battery life and other good.

There is nothing you can say or do to suggest otherwise

Usage also isn’t the only way to show great battery life. It’s the standby time that shows how great your battery life is.

Those that get good standby times for one shows there is not random drain on batteries.

If anything standby time is just as valuable as what usahetime people get

3. mazdamiata210 macrumors 6502a

Because with extremely light usage with only the stock apps installed my X lasted my 8 hours max. 12+ was no where near possible and I'd say I'm in ideal conditions on wifi, 10% brightness, LTE off, and only using messages and some safari. Yet my 2 year old 6S Plus has all my apps, I use it mostly off wifi, outdoors so the brightness is higher, and I get 10-12 hours of heavier use.

The fact that you think standby time shows how great battery is just proves that you don't know what you're talking about and anything you claim to say has zero value to me. I can leave my iPhone 3G sitting on my desk for 2 weeks without using it, does that make it a good battery? What good is a phone that you can't use or it will die in 2 hours? LMFAO get a grip.

4. Titleist macrumors regular

Titleist

It’s so good. Better than my 7 plus.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's a bit odd given that it's only slightly better than my regular 7.

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Listen, I just use the phone regularly. These posted numbers are just plain specs. I don’t tinker around brightness etc. just to save battery life. Enjoy your phone, Life is too short for that haha.

7. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Right. Diversity is good

8. Arni99 macrumors 6502

used: 4h25min
    standby: 15h52min
    battery: 62% remaining

NO music playing at all since fully charged.
    Got it on release day thus between 5-10 cycles charged yet.

9. kp98077 macrumors 6502

kp98077

well.....all i can say is that I am probably one of the heaviest users - I use the X for work, so on this phone and work it hard alllll day long, work for a global company, on the phone half the day, on email all day, text most of the day, then on social medial, play music and use blue tooth, in free time - read online, etc. with a full nights charge and at 9pm that day I am at:
    Usage 8 hrs
    Standby 12
    consistantly!

10. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Don’t worry I think you proved a long time ago how little you seem to know around these parts.

All you have done is try and convince people that the x doesn’t have great battery life when it clearly does.

The fact you dismiss standby time as not being very important is a joke

Anybody can leave their phone on the side for two weeks if there’s nothing on the phone. If you are getting non stop notifications in standby mode and it doesn’t drain like crazy then yes that’s shows how good your battery life is. A lot of people don’t use their phone non stop every day but they want to know they can leave it on their desk and they will have enough juice to last all day

Friends who have the iPhone 7 their phones battery is awful even when they aren’t even using it. That says everything about how important standby time is. On my x standby time is incredible but on my 7 plus? Dropped 50% just in standby mode all day

So yes I suggest you get a clue.

Kind of pointless going back and forth with a clear troll like yourself. You are clearly stuck in your ways trying to get people to think usage times here are lies or false.

Keep living in your fantasy bubble.

11. kp98077 macrumors 6502

kp98077

i agree and my 7 plus battery always needed charging at about 2pm daily.. now nothing... no charges need tie bed... barely makes it but it does.

12. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

My battery life is awesome coming from an iPhone 7. With iOS11 I was having to top up the phone during the day. With the X I use my phone heavily throughout the day and last night I managed to get it down to 20% by bed time.

13. kp98077 macrumors 6502

kp98077

What are the best settings on the X to conserve battery? want to see if I can stretch it today...

-Wifi on?
    -Tru Tone Off?
    -Bluetooth Off?
    -no apps running in background

any suggestions appreciated! thank you..

14. donster28 macrumors 68000

Just looking back at my posts here and realized I was debating this with just one guy who doesn’t even own the X! Glad you told him!

15. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I have all those on permanently. Plus I use my AirPods throughout the day for calls.

16. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Think when people post just to beat a dead horse going back and forth over the same points with multiple people it says what their agenda is. End of the day people will get different usage battery live wise. Think for people like him putting him on ignore is the best option.

The whole act of good battery life is using your device all day without needing to charge or look st your % that’s the true measure of good battery life.

17. tivoboy macrumors 68040

This is an odd graph, where 8:40 gets excellent and nearly 25% MORE battery life at 10:45 gets excellent too.. shouldn't there be either a very good, to excellent or maybe we need a SUPER excellent.

18. fokmik macrumors 68030

If the X in that phisicaly body has this good battery life...i wonder the next iPhone Plus 6.4" Oled ...i bet Apple will put 3000mAh

19. kp98077 macrumors 6502

kp98077

how are those air pods? thinking about those... they are the bluetooth ones? afraid they'll fall out?

20. donster28 macrumors 68000

Airpods are great! They don’t fall off in normal use but I recommend wiping your earlobes dry with tissue for better grip and hours of enjoyment. Sweat tend to loosen them a bit but not make them fall at all.

And they sound great with pumping bass and nice mids to highs.

Yes, they connect wirelessly via bluetooth in a unique way. You should experience this to believe it.

21. kp98077 macrumors 6502

kp98077

Nice ! I may just have to.... wish they had pads on them or something... but still could manage fine

22. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I definitely feel that my X's battery lasts longer than the iPhone 7 Plus I was using when I got the X. The 7 Plus was fairly new (replaced in August 2017) but I haven't done a phone to phone test between them.

One difference that I notice, and this is just anecdotal, but the screen seems to be almost brighter or more readable at a lower backlight setting, and so I feel like the iPhone 7 did draw more power. In my testing without charging at all during the day and above average usage (new phones are fun), my battery lasted me from 8 am until 11:30 pm. I could never do that on my 7 Plus. I'm going to try using my phone for a day with smart invert + grayscale just for fun to see if it lasts any longer.

23. Icealicy macrumors member

Oh so then how do people who do not restore at all get their old contact info and such?

24. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Getting ready to reboot from OS update. Here are my stats before it does.

16hrs 12mins usage
    33hrs 44 mins standby
    20% left

Lots of Sirius XM, web surfing, some video playing, texting, and phone calls. All done on cellular.