BBM on iPhone! Real?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UnitediP4, Apr 17, 2011.

1. UnitediP4 macrumors newbie

2. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

If it does I'm instabuying it. I'm guessing we will get a PIN too

3. SCOTTGAZ9 macrumors regular

SCOTTGAZ9

4. greenorblue macrumors member

greenorblue

I'm pretty sure that rumor was debunked, sir.

5. JCCL macrumors 6502a

I remember that too, however, they haven't discarded the possibility of releasing BBM of iPhone and Android.......we'll see

6. Smtevo macrumors 6502

Does that mean our phones will freeze like all blackberries do too? no thanks

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have used Blackberrys for over 10 years and NEVER had one freeze. In fact they were always more dependable that anything I own from Apple. Not cutting edge but always did what they were supposed to do.

Do not be such a fan boy that you loose site of the facts!:p

8. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Agreed they are work horses

9. Smtevo macrumors 6502

Really? I have 3 friends with them and they all freeze at least once a day, one of my friends phone freezes at least 4 times a day. But yeah I'm a fanboy.

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I call BS on that. :rolleyes:

11. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I find that hard to believe. I previously owned several blackberries and mine froze at least once a day. My friends/co-workers all have the same problem.

12. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

My GF has about a 2 mo old BB, and that thing is the biggest piece of junk I've ever played with. The battery won't even hold a charge for a day, to get her through work. She just had to go on line and buy two more batteries, and they're (finally) replacing hers under warranty, after a lot of bitching and moaning.

Hers crashes and freezes all the time. Definitely not (from what I've seen first hand) what I'd call a technology driven company.

I had a Storm 1 for about a week; talk about a product that NEVER should have been offered to a customer. Fortunately I had the good sense to return it to Verizon.

So whoever's singing BlackBerry's praises -- get a grip.

13. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

:eek: Maybe because it never turned on due to reliability issues....How can anything freeze when it was never on to begin with?

14. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i actually dont believe you.

every blackberry i've owned (and i've owned a lot), as frozen on me at least once a week.

not to mention.. everyone on my fb/twitter complaining that their bb freezes :rolleyes:

15. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

I never understood the fascination with bbm. Why do blackbery users get so excited about it? If I had a penny for every "BB PIN" post on facebook. Yeah, I get the convenience of it, but I've heard SO many users cite it as a primary reason to stick with bb :s

16. AndroidfoLife macrumors regular

It gets really addictive. But when all your friends switch to Android and Iphones it starts to get less cool. As for this Rumor RIM will never let it go. BBM is one of the best things they have going for them. They have to keep it exclusive or they will be screwed.

17. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

At the same time they are starting to lose market share. They might as well make some money off BBM before even that becomes obsolete.

18. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

If Apple rolls out a BBM competitor and market it, it would probably steal everyone away from Blackberry.

They have to get it right though. Facetime is a great idea but Wi-Fi only killed it I think.

19. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I think that wifi thing is the carriers fault not apples

20. ed.g macrumors member

Every BB I've owned freeze at least once a week. We have at least 20 BB's in our corporate plan and every single one has suffer from the same problem.

I find very hard to believe that in 10 years you never experience this.

21. saberahul macrumors 68040

As far as I remember, RIM said they would not release in the month of April but they would release at some point - try engadget search on that one.

22. AndroidfoLife macrumors regular

This is going to be an important year for RIM

If this year series of blackberries don't do good. They will have to come up with something new. I think their best bet will be to ditch their own OS, go with android, They should however have the "black berry essential apps." the essential apps should have BBM, central inbox, and of course enterprise mail. Of course if they used Android OS it may signal for the end. It will be just like the OS on computers a two horse monopoly with google and Apple in charge rather then Apple and Microsoft.

23. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

tell that to my Bold 9700. my friends and i have to pop the battery at least weekly due to system hangs. [​IMG]

24. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

many moons ago, RIM used to offer BES with BBM software for symbian and winmo devices. true story.

25. JohnBossu macrumors member

the freezing issue in Blackberries is one of many reason I purchase the iPhone, all of my friends also face the same problem, I guess you have the superBlackbery.

but I agree on it being dependable, and thats why Im using two phones now ;)