Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grue

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2003
Somewhere.

Travis284

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
That's fair. I'm just comparing the Bose to the quality of the Powerbeats Wireless line which are even more expensive than the BeatsX and it's like night and day in terms of sound quality, comfort, etc. in favor of the Bose.

Yeah the powerbeats kinda suck. My brother and I both owned a pair. The earpods actually sound better lol. I was disappointed that they didn't improve them this time around. Hopefully beats X will be better.

truthertech

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2016
At least this is a better design than Apple's AirPods. If they fall out of your ear, they are not going too far and become lost.

Another myth.Let's assume for discussion sake that it falsl out of your ear, (which according to all of the testers is hard to do, but it could happen). When you are listening to music or something and somehow one of these bright white object objects falls out of your ears and falls to the ground how hard would it be for you to bend down and pick it up off the ground since it is going to fall at your feet??? Under what reasonable scenario would it be difficult to find this bright white object laying by your feet?

Reactions: cosmic68

Travis284

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
That's unfortunate considering how much they charge for subpar listening experiences. I wish they would license out the tech so I could use some more trusted headphone manufacturers.
That would be ideal. Hopefully they'll be willing to license the chip someday. Unfortunately that probably won't equal a lower starting price considering they'll have to pay licensing fees. It will probably mean better sound quality.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Isn't the whole point of "wireless" to get rid of wires? If there are a bunch of wires anyway then the only thing that really changes is that it's far more expensive and that the battery needs to be charged.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
I've been holding out for these earphones for a few reasons...

1. The design doesn't look dorky, plus they're magnetic, so when you take them out they just fall and snap with eachother and hang in front of you. Also they include a volume/skip control.
2. They charge via lightning cable, so that's one less cable to keep up with.
3. They're probably gonna sound better than the AirPods (and at a slightly lower price-point).
Exactly, AirPods look dumb, and I'm sure these BeatsX will be louder (which I need for when I'm hype)

tembelreis

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2014
It is safe to say that both of these devices are going to miss Black Friday sale. And I think potentially they won't be out before new year. Since there is even no actual rumour about the issue, I think they certainly haven't gone into production yet! Perhaps they are not even close.. What really beats me is that there are review units that just work fine. So it really must be something to do with mass production.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
At least this is a better design than Apple's AirPods. If they fall out of your ear, they are not going too far and become lost.

How can you say that without trying the AirPods? The few videos I've seen, people wearing AirPods were running and shaking their heads and they weren't falling out.

Regardless though, no one is forcing you to buy AirPods. If you want bluetooth buds with a wire connecting them then you've had several choices for many years now.
[doublepost=1479836697][/doublepost]
Have any products come out with the W1 chip or is that likely the cause for all of the delays?

That's a good theory, though I think the Beats Solo 3 which uses the W1 has been on sale for a while now.

Reactions: Oblivious.Robot

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
This is possibly the worst marketing disaster for Apple. The Apple Watch was terrible, but they were not at risk of missing the holiday shopping season. I can see this as a huge miss where buyers understandably confused go out and buy something else.

tembelreis

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2014
How is it a "must have?" Seems like a nice but optional bonus to me.

It is a must buy for me, too. I tried many BT headsets, spent up to £80 and returned all of them. Switching from one device to another simply doesn't work even with the best one. Currently I am switching between my iphone 7, iPad and Mac like headless chicken. It become even worse with iphone 7 since the jack is different. I make lots of calls on my Mac as well so the airpods (if they work as they are advertised) is going to be superb for me.

Reactions: Travis284

rodgersmc

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Another myth.Let's assume for discussion sake that it falsl out of your ear, (which according to all of the testers is hard to do, but it could happen). When you are listening to music or something and somehow one of these bright white object objects falls out of your ears and falls to the ground how hard would it be for you to bend down and pick it up off the ground since it is going to fall at your feet??? Under what reasonable scenario would it be difficult to find this bright white object laying by your feet?

Riding a bike. Riding a motorcycle (although, I suppose you should have a helmet on). Jogging/running on a trail with tall grass/rocks. Getting jostled on a busy subway/metro/train/bus with no room to bend over and search the ground.

(Off the top of my head...)

rodgersmc

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Not having to put my headphones in pairing mode every time I want to connect to a different device is a must have. I can not tell you how annoying this gets if you have a laptop, tablet and phone. I don't think I'll ever buy headphones without the W1.

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone with a W1 headphone set wrote that, ironically, the W1 made this problem *more* annoying. Apparently the W1 is awesome at pairing with the iPhone, but because of this, causes a headache when you try to pair it to anything else. Hopefully this gets sorted out (and it was just one review).

Reactions: 69Mustang
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.