Best Buy iPod Touch availability

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BennyK, Sep 15, 2007.

1. BennyK macrumors 6502

I understand and agree with people being upset about BestBuy getting the touch's before they got their pre-orders. But if you can cancel your pre-order and get it from Best Buy, go for it!

Here is a link that shows if the Best Buy nearest you has some in stock.
    The Best Buy near me had some!! Just the 16 GB model though

16GB iPod Touch

8GB iPod Touch

2. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

3. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

yea i keep checking to see if any best buy near me has one in stock, right now the closest ipod touch to me is 119 miles away, though i have 4 best buys within driving range. if one comes to my store before my online order ships....

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I can't believe Apple are shipping them to BesyBuy before even filling their own orders. Makes very little sense...

5. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

No such luck here. There's a massive distribution center just up the road too. Probably going to bigger stores first.

6. G4-power macrumors 6502

G4-power

There's one thing. Of course it makes me upset having to wait for my touch (I live in Finland, we're probably the last ones to get our iPods)...but I guess if you order it personalized from Apple Store, they won't be able to ship those right away. They probably have had the non-personalized models ready for a little time, so that's why BestBuy and other retail stores might have them on their shelves. Though, if you preordered a non-personalized one, it's just outrageous that they won't ship those first.

7. sheas macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting this! I was able to do an in-store pickup for a store in Omaha, which I'll be passing through tonight on my way to Kansas City. At first I didn't know if it would actually work, but I just received my confirmation email saying that my 16GB ipod touch is ready to pick up. Awesome! :D

8. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

9. thesdx macrumors 6502a

W@@T! There's a Best Buy close to home that has them in stock! Off I go!

Edit: Well, maybe not. The stupid bank is closed today. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. craigconfire macrumors newbie

Milford MA

Milford Ma has the Touch in stock.

11. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

thanks alot for this!!
    how often do you think they update this?

12. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how often they update the site, but if you really want to know up-to-date info I suggest you call your local store. My store (online) says that they don't have any, but I called this morning and they said they should be getting a shipment in this afternoon! I'm calling back around 1 or 2 PM to check. I can't wait!! Best Buy ROX

13. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

cool cool.

thanks again! im so excited!!!!!! ahhhh. haha

arghhhhhhhh.

just called my store and they said

"were shootin for monday probably"

do you think this lady really knew?? or she was just kinda thinking it was on monday?

14. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Well Monday's better than October 1st haha. But I say call again in a few hours, or even tomorrow. She probably didn't know lol.

15. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

haha yeah i know. i just wish i could go and get it today.

i'll just try back this afternoon.

you never know right?

16. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

its getting closer to me, but theres still not a iPod touch in a best buy in columbia, sc I just called the closest best buy and they told me they would have them by the end of next month, its dumb*sses like this that i hate, i know its coming by the end of next week, and another best buy person told me they might get them in before october, but that they couldnt sell them before the release date of october 1st . I think they should jump of a cliff for being so ignorant

17. andyh2 macrumors member

Sweet, thanks for the link, the local one's got 8 gigs, gonna go get one :)

18. BII macrumors member

I just bought a 16GB ipod touch from my local BBY (westminster, ca).

they even had a sign out front that said they had them in stock!

of course i called them first, and the girl said they weren't getting any before the end of the month (liar!). it was the same girl that helped me in the store, so maybe they were told not to confirm stock on the phone (wouldn't put it past them).

after going through the cursory "do you want the extended service plan, monster cable accessories, rewards zone," i finally walked out with my ipod touch.

its bittersweet because 1. i had to give my money to BBY, 2. I ordered it from apple the day after it was announced, not seeing it in person, and it apple seems to not care.

last time i preorder something.

i'm on hold with them to cancel my order and let them know what's going on. I'm sure BBY wasn't supposed to be selling them so soon.

19. jnagel macrumors newbie

Just cancelled my order a couple hours ago and went to Best Buy. I picked up the 16GB and they had a ton in stock.

20. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

Best Buy (Almaden Plaza, San Jose, CA) had the 16G in stock--it took five minutes to find a manager with a key, but eventually I got one. For some odd reason, I'd rather have purchased it at an Apple Store, so I drove one mile down the street to the Oakridge Mall and waited another 10 minutes in line only to be told they didn't have them in stock and weren't expecting them until 9/28.

Now to wait patiently for someone to release a protective cover/case!

21. i0Nic macrumors 65816

how's the screen and audio?

22. BII macrumors member

no one has one yet? :eek:

how am i supposed to go out today and show it off?:eek:

23. fishoutofagua macrumors newbie

24. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

see thats what really pisses me off about best buy, i have THREE where I live and not a single one has a 16g or 8g in stock, they didnt sell out or anything, they just dont have them yet, but some best buys have "tons in stock"

25. tangent7 macrumors newbie

This makes no since..

I looked up my local BB and they showed it as in stock, but when I called them they said they didnt have any and wouldnt be getting them until the end of the month.

I was going to buy it on the website and pick it up.. and its says in stock. What gives?