Best Buy pick-up appointments

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Naregd, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Naregd macrumors newbie

So to all the people who ordered from Best Buy, have you gotten a call setting up an appointment time to pick it up? I just talked to the Best Buy near me and they said they still have no idea how many iPhones they'll be receiving and when they do, they'll call. I'd just like to know if I should be camping put at an apple store..

Also, do you plan on showing up early or on time for your appointment? I'm tempted to show up at 10 when they open so they don't "accidently" sell my iPhone.

2. hancock macrumors member

nope no call yet...I will show up on time. I figure that if they get far enough to actually set up an appointment they will have a phone waiting for me.

3. robd54 macrumors member

Nothing yet here (Central CT), I plan on stopping by on Wednesday after work to see what the status is (how many they're getting and where I ended up on the list), as well as the Radio Shack I'm on the list for. If neither is looking good, I'll hit the AT&T store near my house early on Thursday to get in line and hope.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

No call yet. I assume they'll call when they get stock in.

5. 8mpg macrumors regular

My sisters friend works for BB Mobile...he said dont expect a call until Thursday.

6. Built macrumors 68020

I need to go in an cancel my "pre-order" so that they can just go to the next name on the list. I am #6 at my BB store for i4 (#3 for the 32GB), but later that day (6/15), I managed to get my order through at Apple.com and it is on its way.

7. lyndeam macrumors member

Call your local store and verify. My local BB is not making appointments. I was told on pre-order day that they would call to schedule an appointment but as of today I was told that they were not going to do it that way. There would be enough iphones to fulfill the pre-orders that appointments were not necessary. (I can't imagine that there were many pre-orders at my store). He did say that the store opens at 9am and that the phones will be allotted to customers in the order they were pre-ordered.

8. Naregd thread starter macrumors newbie

Wait they expect us to wait till the day of?? That's dumb. They should, at the latest, know by wednesday so anyone who can't get one can line up at apple.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

No call yet either. I keep trying to call my nearest BB during the last hour to ask them if they have any idea how many they are getting, and nobody in the store picks up. The one time I called them and they picked up (10:02am), I was put on hold and decided to just hang up after a few minutes.

I'm not waiting until Thursday for a call. If I don't get a call by Wednesday night, I'll be ready to head out to the Apple Store in the Brea Mall and just wait in line. They look to open at 7am anyway and I can save almost $10 because the tax is usually 1% lower in most OC cities.

10. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Last year my BB didn't revive the iPhones until the day they launched.

11. CaliKev macrumors member

CaliKev

I was scheduled an appointment on preorder day for 12:30 on the 24th. But better you believe I will be there at 10am when they open.

12. Savor Suspended

Savor

Do you what number you are on the pre-order list?

13. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

My store better make appointments. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon I'll start calling them. But I was the first to place a pre-order so they better be holding onto my 32GB I4 for me.

14. CaliKev macrumors member

CaliKev

They said I was #5, but that included 2 people pre-ordering whites and one pre-ordering a 16gb black. I pre-ordered the 32gb black. Hopefully that means I'm closer to the front; we'll see.

15. AshStorm macrumors member

I called them last last week to verify everything was in order. From what my store told me (Orange, CA), they plan on calling people on Tuesday to coordinate appointments.

In comparison to last year:
    If I remember right, BB called me either the same day I pre-purchased or the day after to schedule the appointment.

16. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I called them earlier and they told me they won't call until the 23rd.

They also told me they're gonna have excess inventory so I shouldn't be worried :)

17. AshStorm macrumors member

When I verified mine, I'm apparently #8 but the first that pre-ordered the Black 32GB.

Nothing but luck to ya, man!

18. Savor Suspended

Savor

I'm #11 and going for a black 32GB.

If your appointment is at 12:30p, I figure mine could be well beyond that. I'm pretty sure I am going to line up at my nearest Apple Store. My brother lives close to that mall and I'll just crash at their place in Yorba Linda. I don't mind if I get this phone later, but if I don't get a call from BB by Wed or if it has limited quantities, I might as well go to the Apple Store. I'll use the BB pre-order as the back-up. If the Apple Store opens at 7am and has more in stock, I could wait 3 hours in that store and my nearest BB would still just barely open by that point.

Forget Best Buy (Cerritos). They need to get their act together just answering my phone calls. I'm pretty sure I'm heading to the Apple Store this Thursday morning. Might even get a cool bag with my iPhone purchase. The store is going to have a massive line, but I have to just deal with it because my trust with BB is waning.

19. 8mpg macrumors regular

hey guys...I apologize. I meant Wednesday, not Thursday. You were supposed to receive a call WEDNESDAY about the iphone update. I wasnt thinking. This place has me irritated from all the dumb threads and ignorant people.

20. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yep! LOL. :)

I personally preordered a white 32gb. Here's to hoping...:apple:

21. CaliKev macrumors member

CaliKev

Just got a call from Best Buy. The guy told me they weren't planning on getting many if not any iPhones. He said I was #7 on the list. (I was told #5 on the day of pre-orders) and that I have a FAIR chance at getting one, but won't know for sure until the morning of the 24th when they receive their shipment. I asked if they were getting their shipment Wednesday and he said the earliest was Thursday morning.

He told me my appointment time again and said that it wouldn't be worth coming into the store until I receive a call on Thursday guaranteeing me a phone. He told me it's not worth coming early if I do get a phone as they will be helping people with appointments at that time and that if they get enough as to where I get one it will be reserved for me until my appointment time.

He didn't seem too positive throughout the phone call. I believe my best bet (and probably anyone else who pre-ordered through BB is to go to Apple on launch day.)

This really sucks as I have a Best Buy Credit account and a 50$ Reward Zone certificate that I was going to use towards my purchase. And I don't get paid till later Thursday afternoon. >.<

22. 8mpg macrumors regular

Only time will tell...they should have their shipments in by Wednesday. Im sure the guy is just telling you not to get your hopes up because they were told to in a memo that was sent out.

23. RC83 macrumors 6502

I called my Best Buy to make sure they had my correct phone number. The guy said I was #3 for the Black 32gb, and then he started asking me if I wanted the $14.99 Best Buy Insurance, and also If I wanted the Ivisisheild for $20 and they would put it on the phone for me for $7, then I hopped in the shower came back and had a missed call from Best Buy! WTF... lol No one picked up when I called back.. Left a message

24. RC83 macrumors 6502

Oh ya, He said they were going to TRY and make appts.

25. Savor Suspended

Savor

Just use the Best Buy pre-order as a back-up plan. Make it Plan B. I wanted to get my phone as hassle-free as possible, but with the high demand, miscommunication with retailers, the potential limited stock, the white iPhone confusion, it is going to be more complicated than it looks.

Apple Store @ 7am on Thursday for me as my new Plan A. Make it more of an obligation if you don't get an appointment call from BB by Wednesday. If you decide to wait too long on BB, all the phones could be long gone at the Apple Store. The Apple Store should be the new gamble, and it opens up early enough and hours before Best Buy to make the pre-order from BB seem optional and a fall back.