Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NauticalDan

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
So I'm going to be testing 3 clear cases over the next few weeks: Caudabe Lucid Clear (Crystal), Grafixpressions (grfxp.com) Ultimate Clear Case, and Orzly FlexiCase.

First up, the Orzly FlexiCase. For $10.99 on amazon.ca, I think it's pretty dam good! Here's some pictures (I have the Orzly tempered glass screen protector installed on it). Some initial observations:
- easy to put on
- fits very well, nice and night
- no bubbling on the back when installed (it has a micro dot texture on the inside of the case which you can't see unless held under the right light at just the right angle)
- there is no (or minimal) lip on the front, so the front won't be protected if laying screen side down
- it should be compatible with most screen protectors (it is with the Orzly, and those screen protectors cover the entire front face of the phone)
- the buttons are covered by the case, but are still very easy to use. everything lines up nice.
- the case attracts fingerprints a bit, but no more than the iPhone itself did (or other cases of a similar material)
- there is very minimal branding on the case, just a small logo on the bottom left side wall of the case, you can't notice it unless you're looking for it.

This was the cheapest of all the cases I got, but I think it could easily be the one I keep using! (planning to sell whatever 2 I don't want, or maybe give to friend)

IMG_8734.jpg IMG_8736.jpg IMG_8737.jpg IMG_8738.jpg IMG_8739.JPG IMG_8735.jpg

Reactions: powerocool

rockonz

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2017
Hey Guys!

Got the Caudabe Lucid Clear today for my Silver X as well as tempered glass screen protector from Maxboost.

The combination seems to work really well so far. The screen protector was super easy to install as it comes with a base so it is very hard to mess up the installation. Got a 3 pack on Amazon for like $11 so very well worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_9233.JPG
    IMG_9233.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_9235.JPG
    IMG_9235.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_9238.JPG
    IMG_9238.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_9239.JPG
    IMG_9239.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_9240.JPG
    IMG_9240.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_9241.JPG
    IMG_9241.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_9242.JPG
    IMG_9242.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 360

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Hey Guys!

Got the Caudabe Lucid Clear today for my Silver X as well as tempered glass screen protector from Maxboost.

The combination seems to work really well so far. The screen protector was super easy to install as it comes with a base so it is very hard to mess up the installation. Got a 3 pack on Amazon for like $11 so very well worth it.

Looks great, nice combo. I have the Lucid Clear too. Great case. I overpaid by a lot for the screen protectors apparently, lol. Oh well.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
i ordered spigen liquid crystal...
i find it very thick....
decided to try nillkin nature...

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Can’t decide between the Ringke air;

iPhone X Case / iPhone 10 Case, Ringke [AIR] Extreme Lightweight [Wireless (Qi) Charging Compatible] Ultra-Thin Transparent Soft Flexible TPU Shock Absorption Cover for Apple iPhone X / iPhone 10 - Clear https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075JDNTSG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_EZZbAbB7182TC

Or the Spigen liquid crystal. Anyone had both? Which is best?

iPhone X Case, iPhone 10 Case, Spigen Transparent Soft TPU Gel Case [Liquid Crystal] [Support Wireless Charging] Protection and Premium Clarity for Apple iPhone X / iPhone 10 (2017) - Crystal Clear https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074CN96GL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_r1ZbAbRB8EG63

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Can’t decide between the Ringke air;

iPhone X Case / iPhone 10 Case, Ringke [AIR] Extreme Lightweight [Wireless (Qi) Charging Compatible] Ultra-Thin Transparent Soft Flexible TPU Shock Absorption Cover for Apple iPhone X / iPhone 10 - Clear https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075JDNTSG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_EZZbAbB7182TC

Or the Spigen liquid crystal. Anyone had both? Which is best?

iPhone X Case, iPhone 10 Case, Spigen Transparent Soft TPU Gel Case [Liquid Crystal] [Support Wireless Charging] Protection and Premium Clarity for Apple iPhone X / iPhone 10 (2017) - Crystal Clear https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074CN96GL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_r1ZbAbRB8EG63

Both are full TPU soft cases and feel similar in the hand. For me the ringke was noticeably slimmer looking and the spigen seems a bit bulky.

I actually returned both and kept the ringke fusion which looked the same but has a hard back.

So to answer your question, I’d personally go for the ringke.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I got one this morning, I initially didn't want one due to the slits around the buttons.

Yeah it is a bit bulky, especially compared to my ESR Slim Crystal which I like but is just slightly off with the button fit.

My Spigen has a couple of dark dots I can't remove that is triggering some OCD.

Not sure which case I'm going to use now.....:confused:

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Would really like a crystal case but with front side lips but with less or no lip on the bottom part.

Does such a case exist? Can’t use it without proper protection.

I haven't heard about a case like that. But I don't rely on the case (I have the Caudabe Lucid Clear) to protect the screen. That's what I use a screen protector for, though I never put the phone face down.

Ger Teunis

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2010
In front of my Mac
I haven't heard about a case like that. But I don't rely on the case (I have the Caudabe Lucid Clear) to protect the screen. That's what I use a screen protector for, though I never put the phone face down.

Just scared it drops face down. Without a lip a screen protector will most likely now work. Too bad such a case doesn’t exist.

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
I ordered the Spigen Liquid Crystal. Looks nice in this video. It's only $10 on Amazon so who cares if it turns yellow or gets scratched up in a couple of months:

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Mine's gone in the bin, tried to remove the two black dots but ended up ruining the inside, lol.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Got the Ringke. Nice case. Probably my favorite clear case so far. Thinner than the Spigen. Any other clear case recommendations?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.