Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
Fear not folks...Power Support heard all the complaints and now they include a removal tool lol.

Not even kidding....

Hey, at least they actually did something about it, right? Can’t even be mad at that.
Does it come with the case? cant find the tool on their web site.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Good support from them.

You should reply with the suggestion that they should just put a lip on the sides (& maybe top), but leave the bottom edge lip free, if they want to satisfy everyone & make a unique yet practical case lip design.

Yeah, that is good support. Not surprised though. I've been using Caudabe cases for years and they've always been really good with their customer service. What's funny is some of us are complaining about no lip, and then there's some guy a few posts above claiming he doesn't like the current lip because it sticks into his ear. Typical Macrumors schizophrenia. :)

Meanwhile, I'm still loving my Lucid Clear. I'd post some photos but I have no other device right now. For a case that's this minimalist/invisible, a big lip would ruin the feel for me. I've also got a glass screen protector on mine so I feel relatively secure about my protection sitch. Still got that Caudabe Sheath waiting in the wings though. Definitely calling my name. Beautiful case.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Does it come with the case? cant find the tool on their web site.

Not sure. But if you look at the iPhone 7/7+ pages for the AJ, there’s a blurb about the tool. Just have to email them and they’ll send it free.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Yeah, that is good support. Not surprised though. I've been using Caudabe cases for years and they've always been really good with their customer service. What's funny is some of us are complaining about no lip, and then there's some guy a few posts above claiming he doesn't like the current lip because it sticks into his ear. Typical Macrumors schizophrenia. :)

Meanwhile, I'm still loving my Lucid Clear. I'd post some photos but I have no other device right now. For a case that's this minimalist/invisible, a big lip would ruin the feel for me. I've also got a glass screen protector on mine so I feel relatively secure about my protection sitch. Still got that Caudabe Sheath waiting in the wings though. Definitely calling my name. Beautiful case.

This is precisely why I've just tweeted Caudabe with a case design suggestion which has lips just on the corners.

Those corners will act as lay on the table 'feet' for the front (as the Synthesis' feet do on its rear).

Then, with the corners providing the unobtrusive lips, the sides/bottom/top can have no lip with the case finishing flush with the phone, which makes gripping the device easier from the sides, (making the wider form factor of the X compared to prior 4.7" iPhones more comfy to hold with less case for fingers to negate around), as well as having gestures uninterrupted on the bottom/top edges.

They responded saying it was a great idea & they'll pass it along....whether that happens is another thing :D

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I'm happy with the Caudabe Lucid Clear after a few days. TBH, I don't think it'll provide much protection if I drop the phone, but I wasn't expecting it to. I just wanted a back/side case that would prevent scratches without adding much thickness, which it does. I supposed that raised edges would be nice, though I never put the phone on a surface face down. This is a big change for me, since I've had a leather case on every iPhone before this.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
For those who have the Caudabe Lucid clear (or any other clear case), how does it look an the Space Grey? I’ve always used a black bumper w/clear back.
Thx for feedback!

breakingsalas1

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2017
Any chance you could share some pics? I've been eyeing this case since before pre-orders opened, but for £60 it has to be perfect. Are you experiencing any issues with the mute switch not working well with it on? Quite a few concerning reviews about the 8/8+ versions.
Well isn't this something...So I was looking over the case and cleaning it so I can some pics for you and just noticed the mute switch fell off. Completely off. No idea when that might have happened but I didn't even mess with it because my phone is on vibrate 24/7 I never use the switch. The case does look great though but needless to say I wouldn't recommend the case to anyone if a button falls off without me even touching it, especially considering the price. Yeesh.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
I'm happy with the Caudabe Lucid Clear after a few days. TBH, I don't think it'll provide much protection if I drop the phone, but I wasn't expecting it to. I just wanted a back/side case that would prevent scratches without adding much thickness, which it does. I supposed that raised edges would be nice, though I never put the phone on a surface face down. This is a big change for me, since I've had a leather case on every iPhone before this.
Claims to have 6 foot drop protection, but certainly doesn't feel like it... That's the only concerning thing to me about this case. Either way, if I drop it and it breaks, I'll get it fixed through AC+ and then this case goes in the trash; will get a more protective one.
[doublepost=1510170227][/doublepost]

Yea this case can perfectly fit a screen protector so it looks seamless. Whether it had the 6 ft drop protection it claims is another story.

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Well isn't this something...So I was looking over the case and cleaning it so I can some pics for you and just noticed the mute switch fell off. Completely off. No idea when that might have happened but I didn't even mess with it because my phone is on vibrate 24/7 I never use the switch. The case does look great though but needless to say I wouldn't recommend the case to anyone if a button falls off without me even touching it, especially considering the price. Yeesh.

Oh dear, that's not terribly reassuring. Funnily enough, the issue I'd read about with the 8/8+ version was that the mute switch was incredibly difficult to use. Perhaps for the X they've gone to the other extreme and it's too delicate!

Oh well, thanks for sharing your thoughts, they're much appreciated. If you do feel like posting some pics, I'd still love to see them, but I won't be ordering this case unless the price drops substantially or Lifeproof sort out the quality issues.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
For those who have the Caudabe Lucid clear (or any other clear case), how does it look an the Space Grey? I’ve always used a black bumper w/clear back.
Thx for feedback!

I think it looks great on the space gray.

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
Can we get a few pictures? Considering this one.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
I think it looks great on the space gray.

Yeah, I've got the Lucid Clear on my silver iPhone and it's fantastic. A buddy got the same case on his space gray iPhone and also looks great although it seems like fingerprints are more noticeable on his.

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
Yeah, I've got the Lucid Clear on my silver iPhone and it's fantastic. A buddy got the same case on his space gray iPhone and also looks great although it seems like fingerprints are more noticeable on his.

I have a silver X as well. Would you mind taking a few photos? I wish it was for sale on Amazon, because then we would also get those customer photos in the reviews.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003

Yeah, fingerprints are quite noticeable. I don't know if any hard, clear cases can do better, though. It would take a textured or translucent material to avoid that, and then you wouldn't be able to see through the case as well.

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
^ Got the white X, and I’m not worried about scratching. I’ve never had any issues with the tight fit of the AJ leading to scratches. And if it does, they’d likely be superficial scratches that can be buffed out. Stainless steel is good for a quick polish/buff making it look new again.
Can you please explain? I have one and it’s an eye sore.

Glee217

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
I contacted Caudabe about the raised lip as well and this was their response to me...

Thanks for the email. Regarding the lip, this has actually been a point of great debate internally. Some want a lip and others don’t because it interferes with the swiping motion and just doesn’t feel as natural. Having said that, we do recognize that the lip currently in place isn’t as pronounced as it could be and are already in the process of modifying our tooling to increase the lip on our next batch of Lucid Clears. It will not be a major increase, as our design philosophy with Lucid Clear was for the case to feel as unobtrusive as possible, but the lip will be extended more than it currently is.

Since this is an important issue for you, we would be more than happy to ship you a complimentary replacement once the revised batch is available. We don’t have a specific ETA on it, but would expect stock later this month. Please feel free to check back with us as often as you’d like. Happy to keep you updated.

Charlotte @ Caudabe Customer Support
Man why dont they just sell one ith lower lip and another with higher lip? Problem solved! lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.