Best Split View Calculator for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jmeas, Oct 9, 2016.

1. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

Hi there,

I have a 9.7" and 12.9" iPad Pro, and I'm interesting in a new Calculator app. I've been using Soulver – which I love! – but they first implemented bad split view support, then completely removed it. For my workflow, I could really use a split view calculator.

That's where y'all come in. Do you use a split view calculator for your iPad? Which one? What's your favorite and least favorite feature of the one that you use?

Some things:

- I'm willing to spend up to $10 on it if it's great
    - Doesn't need to be a scientific calculator. Just a basic one with additional/subtraction/etc. If it has the idea of a "workspace" with history, etc., then that would be great.
    - Design is very important to me. I don't want to use a calculator that looks like it was designed for the first version of iOS and/or Windows 95
    - No ads (or the ability to pay to get rid of ads)

Any recommendations? Thanks!

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

3. laudern macrumors 6502a

I use The Calculator. I have no complaints.

4. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I use "Calculator!". I originally downloaded it because I thought it looked most like the Calculator app on the iPhone. I've been very happy with it and it does indeed support split screen.

5. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Calculator pro is another one. I've been using it for years and now it has split view and a good widget.

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Not sure about the best, because I only use one and haven't compared it to others, but I use Numerical and really like it.

7. jmeas thread starter macrumors regular

jmeas

Soulver let me know that proper split view support is coming in the next release, so i'm excited about that. But i'm also playing with all of these recommendations to see how i like them.

So far, PCalc has been pretty good, though it likes to register two taps from a single tap of the Apple Pencil.

Anyway, thanks for all of the suggestions! If anyone else has a calculator app that they think is great, go ahead and post it here and i'll check it out sometime.

Thanks again.

8. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Strange. Mine does not. Use it like that frequently and just tested again.

9. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I used Tydlig on occasion. Design is neat, and I like the visual representation of my calculations.

10. jmeas thread starter macrumors regular

jmeas

I may just be bad at tapping :)

11. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

PCalc, done.

And the Apple Pencil isn't a stylus. Don't be one of those people.