Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Wow

I guess Patrick Swayze wasn't next after all as some speculated

Sad news for any family

This has been a pretty unprecedented run I would think

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Deaths come in 3s, so who's next?

David Carradine
Ed McMahon
Farrah Fawcett
Michael Jackson
Billy Mays
???

I read yesterday that Walter Cronkite is on his deathbed, my guess is he'll be next to complete the second group of 3.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Sad.

I watched a couple of episodes of Pitchmen, and it was nice to hear him in everyday mode, not just screaming at the camera. I still can't stand his commercials, but it helped add a dimension to how I viewed him.

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
I honestly thought it was a sick joke when I first read this. I know so many people really despise his commercials, hence my suspicions. Sorry to see it's true. My heart goes out to his family.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
WOW, the article makes it seem suspicious how he died ... no signs of a break-in but the family doesn't have a comment. Suicide?

The family usually doesn't comment right away ... it may have been a medical condition nobody knew about.

watty

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
Texas
WOW, the article makes it seem suspicious how he died ... no signs of a break-in but the family doesn't have a comment. Suicide?

Doubt it; he went on to say yesterday that stuff hit his head as the flight landed, so I'm wondering if it's got something to do with head injury? The FAA is also saying he wasn't wearing his seat belt when landing (that's coming from TMZ so I'm not sure how valid that is).

Very sad, I wish I watched more episodes of Pitchmen.

**edit, correction** TMZ is now retracting their claim that FAA said that Mays wasn't wearing his seat belt.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
I read the one about Vince Offer the Slap Chop guy getting his lip bit and decking a hooker a few months back that was some crazy ****. I bet we'll still be haunted by Billy Mays infomercials blasting us awake at 2am when the TV is left on at least for another month.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Jeez...really? People are just dying randomly these days...
Not so randomly they all have one thing in common they are celebrities and I've been putting rat poison in all their oatmeal:cool:...soon my master plan will come to fruition. Muahhahahahahahaa

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Doubt it; he went on to say yesterday that stuff hit his head as the flight landed, so I'm wondering if it's got something to do with head injury? The FAA is also saying he wasn't wearing his seat belt when landing (that's coming from TMZ so I'm not sure how valid that is).

I get the feeling we're going to hear more about this 'hard landing' in the news as time goes on. I'm hearing (could be all BS - who knows?) the situation was worse than what the media realizes yet.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
i wonder what the fate will be of the Pitchmen show on Discovery Channel, think they'll still air it?? (not that i watch it often just once in a while)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.