Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In the U.S., the day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday", which is historically one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

Over the past few years, Apple has participated with one-day specials at both their retail Apple stores as well as the online Apple Store.

Apple has posted a teaser at their online store:Come back to the Apple Store the day after Thanksgiving for a special one-day-only holiday shopping event. You'll find dozens of great gift ideas all with free shipping.

Mark your calendars now. And until then, start your research by visiting our Holiday Gift Guide to find Mac and iPod gifts for everyone on your list.
Last year, Apple offered discounts on select Macs and accessories.

Article Link: Black Friday 2006 - Apple (and others) After Thanksgiving Sale

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Looking forward to the sale! I have a $150 Apple Gift Card just waiting to be used :D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Nothing will be happening with the Canadian Apple Store, so I'm not too interested in this sale. Now if only Apple had a similar offer for Canadian Thanksgiving...

fixyourthinking

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Greenville SC
I hope they remember to add my state's (South Carolina) "no tax on anything" holiday.

South Carolina is having a 2nd "no tax weekend" that runs Friday and Saturday.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
Nothing will be happening with the Canadian Apple Store, so I'm not too interested in this sale. Now if only Apple had a similar offer for Canadian Thanksgiving...
Even though it was not the day after Thanksgiving, I thought the Apple Canada store did offer discounts last year on Black Friday.

Edit: Just checked the Apple Canada Store, they are planning to have discounts this Friday.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
You think shopping that day is bad, I have to work that day. 9 hour split shift (opening and closing).

So anyways, when do the Apple Store's sales go up online? Midnight? 6AM like the retailers?

jW

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Do they have any giveaways in brick and mortar stores?

I've been waiting to spend my $50 credit from the iPod battery settlement for this! :D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Even though it was not the day after Thanksgiving, I thought the Apple Canada store did offer discounts last year on Black Friday.

Edit: Just checked the Apple Canada Store, they are planning to have discounts this Friday.

Sweet, thanks for the head's up! I retract my earlier statement. ;) :D

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I hope they remember to add my state's (South Carolina) "no tax on anything" holiday.

South Carolina is having a 2nd "no tax weekend" that runs Friday and Saturday.

Really?? That's AWESOME. Gosh, I knew I moved to SC for a reason! :p hm.. what to buy to really take advantage of the holiday...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.