Black screen

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by auntieginzy, Dec 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. auntieginzy, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016

auntieginzy macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    Every now and then, my iPad shows a black screen. I can easily get rid of it, but clearly so,thing is wrong. I took a screenshot Which I have attached. Iit's completely black with a white cross top left. If I click the cross it goes back to normal.
    Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. ericwn macrumors 68000

Hm, this is interesting. In which app do. You see this pop up? Looks like some ads where somebody forgot the message.

3. auntieginzy thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Dec 26, 2016 ---
    Varies, but often the BBC. You don't think it's a virus or anything?

4. ericwn macrumors 68000

An iOS device that you don't hack yourself is very unlikely to get a virus really. It does sound like some ad banner thingy that comes your way though. If in doubt, go to a Apple Store and make an appointment with the Genius to let them have a look at it.

5. auntieginzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Can't afford that as I'm retired. As it's not a virus, I'll just put up with it. Thank you

6. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I've had that on the BBC website before, as far as I can tell it's a video that's not compatible with the iPad browsers webkit source.

Or at least it's the only thing I've been able to attribute it to with my use so far. If that's the case for you it's nothing to worry about.

7. ericwn macrumors 68000

I don't think they charge anything. Alternatively, they have both phone and chat support if I'm not mistaken.