Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The company behind the new "Clicks" physical keyboard accessory for the iPhone says it will soon start shipping for a few more models.

Clicks-Keyboard-iPhone-Yellow.jpg

In an email shared by Parker Ortolani on Threads this week, the company said the iPhone 15 Pro version of the keyboard will begin shipping to customers worldwide by April 15. And on the Clicks website, the iPhone 15 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max versions of the keyboard are estimated to ship by April 30 and in May, respectively.

Clicks started shipping the iPhone 14 Pro version of the keyboard in February, and this is the only model that has arrived to customers so far. The keyboard was first announced in early January, ahead of the annual CES tech conference.

Inspired by the once-popular BlackBerry smartphone, Clicks is both a physical keyboard and a case for the iPhone. The keyboard connects to the iPhone's USB-C or Lightning port, and it features dedicated keys for emoji and dictation, backlit keys, and a pass-through charging port. Wireless charging is still supported through the case.

Clicks-Keyboard-iPhone.jpg

One advantage of using a physical keyboard with an iPhone is a full-screen experience, as the on-screen keyboard does not appear. There are also keyboard shortcuts, such as CMD-H to return to the Home Screen and CMD-Space to open Spotlight.

The obvious downsides of the keyboard are the added size and weight, but there is a niche market of physical keyboard fans who are willing to put up with these compromises to have an old-school BlackBerry-like typing experience.

Clicks was co-founded by well-known tech personalities "MrMobile" and "CrackBerry Kevin." The keyboard starts at $139 in the U.S., and it is offered in London Sky and BumbleBee color options. It has silicone on the front, and vegan leather on the back. The keyboard is currently sold out, with the company accepting reservations for future availability.

Article Link: BlackBerry-Like 'Clicks' Keyboard Shipping for More iPhone Models Soon

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
Wouldn't a separate detached Bluetooth keyboard be more useful for those who really want the tactile experience? I can see something slightly bigger than an Airpods case being useful....but directly coupled to my phone it would be super unwieldly.

EDIT: Did a quick search and found this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Victor Mortimer

TravelsInBlue

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2020
I loved my Blackberry and would go back to a modern version in an instant and even I think this is a terrible accessory.

I highly doubt the keyboard is anywhere close to BB quality and this just seems like it would be weighted incredibly uncomfortably while typing.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
... the company said the iPhone 15 Pro version of the keyboard will begin shipping to customers worldwide by April 15. And on the Clicks website, the iPhone 15 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max versions of the keyboard are estimated to ship by April 30 and in May, respectively.

The keyboard starts at $139 in the U.S....
Pay $139 to make an iPhone Pro Max even bigger (taller) and unwieldy? Some people have trouble enough getting an iPhone Pro Max to fit in their pocket

pocket.png

thays133

Suspended
Mar 25, 2021
Dont tempt me. Blackberry had a lot of random issues but the keyboard was not one of them. Even the best touch screen keyboard out there is crap compared to the old blackberry keyboard. It was amazing and I truly miss it even over 10 years later I still miss that keyboard.

ace8cjc

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2015
Founded by a guy who uses and far prefers Android, and yet this is exclusively for iPhone?

I don’t know, I think I would rather buy accessories from influencers who actually use the products they create.

AgeOfSpiracles

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2020
I'm actually surprised that the company behind the Blackberry IP for its keyboard design hasn't developed a keyboard case specifically for the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S models. I'd buy one almost immediately if it exists.
Because the Blackberry IP is obviously cursed, and causes whoever holds it to forget where they are and what they are doing.

thays133

Suspended
Mar 25, 2021
Would be funny if the virtual keyboard still shows when typing and ocupying 1/3 of the screen.

That totally would be on Apple that being said it shouldn't as when it sees a connect keyboard it uses it.
That being said a lot of apps have do not handle keyboards connect to it as Apple does not have built in filtering for want can be entered so you could break a lot of apps with this keyboard. Big time if it is a number only field as the developer needs to put in the filtering to prevent it from putting the wrong things in and most of them relay on only say a number keyboard will be displayed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.