Bloomberg: 2019 iPhones Will Have Centered Apple Logo on Back

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

2019 iPhones will feature a centered Apple logo on the back of the devices, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.

The centered logo will help users know where to place their Apple Watch or AirPods case to charge on the back of the upcoming iPhones, which are widely expected to have a new Qi-based device-to-device charging feature, similar to Wireless PowerShare on Samsung's latest Galaxy smartphones.

Wireless PowerShare on Samsung's Galaxy S10

In late July, an alleged Foxconn worker claimed that there will be no "iPhone" branding on the back of the iPhone 11 models, and this certainly seems more likely in light of this centered Apple logo rumor.

Taking both rumors into account, concept designer Ben Geskin has mocked up how the iPhone 11 models should look:

Gurman also reiterated that iPhone 11 models will have more shatter-resistant glass and improved water resistance, the iPhone XR will come in a new green color, and that this year's Apple Watch refresh will be relatively minor, with a focus on new ceramic and titanium casing finishes and watchOS 6.

We're just three days away from Apple's event at Steve Jobs Theater, which kicks off Tuesday at 10 a.m. Pacific Time. Apple will be live streaming the event via its website, the Apple Events app on Apple TV, and YouTube. MacRumors will have full coverage of the announcements as they unfold -- stay tuned!

Article Link: Bloomberg: 2019 iPhones Will Have Centered Apple Logo on Back

Reactions: jjini

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
Why has it been difficult for me to get excited for the new iPhones lately since iPhone X the last iPhone I got and upgraded none of this new iPhones are anything to get me to purchase. When looking at Samsung Phones which also foldable ones coming looks more exciting.

Reactions: AlexGraphicD

Bandaman

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2019
Why has it been difficult for me to get excited for the new iPhones lately since iPhone X the last iPhone I got and upgraded none of this new iPhones are anything to get me to purchase. When looking at Samsung Phones which also foldable ones coming looks more exciting.
What new features would you like to have?

NikRib

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2015
What new features would you like to have?
You’re hearing in here first,
it’s going to be called the “ApplePhone”
No more reference to “i”anything.
It’s been happening with all new device releases, AppleTV, AppleWATCH, etc.
I expect this will be it for that Jobs naming convention.

Reactions: Shirasaki and niji