Blown away by Retina display

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MoodyM, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I have to say that display is worth the price alone - it's absolutely incredible!

2. rrjr80 macrumors member

rrjr80

As am I, it's even more impressive than I expected. When my wife saw the home screen for the first time she thought that it was just a printed sample insert laying over the screen because it was so clear. You know like they include in some of the cases to display how the phone would look with the case around it.

3. coz macrumors member

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Agreed. It's so hard to go back to my iPod touch or my wife's iPhone 3GS. Apple has raised the bar with this display.

5. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

It makes the older gen models look worthless as far as clarity. And I thought the screen looked good on my 3GS.

6. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Ok this a retarded question, but I'll ask anyways. How the hell do you use Retina, I thought it was tap once and hold it. Do I need to activate something. Flame away if you feel like it. :D

7. Not the DJ macrumors newbie

It's my first iPhone so I've nothing to compare it with. Still it looks great!

8. shanew21 macrumors regular

Retina display is the screen. It's a high resolution screen. There is no way to turn the "Retina" function on or off

9. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

You probably didn't install it, call Apple Support :D

10. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

You just press the Power button at the top of the screen. Or if you like the home button at the bottom.

11. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Alright I get it, I'll figure it out myself. :D

12. jmitch150 macrumors regular

jmitch150

Most impressive thing for me is a can browse the net and read forums comfortably without even zooming in on the pages!

13. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Agreed! It's really friggin sharp!

I don't own one myself yet but I played with my friends iPhone and then later again at the Apple store. Really amazing display.

14. faith4more macrumors regular

Yes it is . I never cared to read books on my 3g. Screen was just not good enough. This on the other hand makes reading a joy. Makes me think I don't really need an ipad.

15. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

The display is unbelievable. I thought prior iPhone displays were awesome but this is just insane...

16. SonicBoom1981 macrumors regular

Um, I held my Xperia X1 with it's something like 278 dpi display next to the iPhone 4, and didn't really notice a difference :/ I've always thought my Xperia had a really nice high res bright display, so all this The Most Amazing Screen Ever stuff was a bit of a let down - I've had my own retina display for over a year and half.

17. JajoPGH macrumors regular

Yep, I still can't get over how amazing the screen is. When I tell someone about why this phone is better, it's the first thing I mention.

I LOVE IT!

18. SonicBoom1981 macrumors regular

I bought my Xperia, over the iPhone available at the time, as the iPhone's screen was low res and just ugh - same reason I don't want the iPad. Now the iPhone 4 has a HR screen I can buy it, but it's nothing amazing then you've been using HR for ages.

19. Telecacher macrumors member

I like how consistent it looks from any angle, no color fading at all.

20. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Gotta love how Apple's pushing their display resolutions lately. :D

21. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

LOL :apple:

22. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I normally go with a film over the screen for fingerprints, but I am so torn this time as the screen is amazing.

Yes the fingerprints are there when the screen is off and annoying but can barely see them when on and the screen is amazing.

Might decide against it this version.

23. M1Lance macrumors newbie

I love it too, but im terrified im gonna break it. Will AppleCare replace it if I manage to scratch it before the Power Support prtoector comes out?

24. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

The screen is great! It's so nice to open a webpage and be able to read it without having to zoom in!