Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryKeogh

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Just got mine today via Amazon.

Nice quality but yeah, pretty tight. I have my driver's license, two credit cards, insurance card and a couple of bills.

Think I'll keep it. I also intend on rubbing off the lettering on the spine and modding a camera hole.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007

Attachments

• L1010870-Edit.jpg
    L1010870-Edit.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 200
  • L1010862-Edit.jpg
    L1010862-Edit.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 160
  • L1010951-Edit.jpg
    L1010951-Edit.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 190
  • L1010886-Edit.jpg
    L1010886-Edit.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 223
  • L1010923-Editblur.jpg
    L1010923-Editblur.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 1,720

chillhase

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
can you tell me something about the long term use of the cookbook? how much does the leather bend in shape? lose color?

edit: i was also wondering how many of you have the proximity sensor problem? and why does it occur?

Last edited:

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
Got the BookBook today and I kind of love it! Smells great, loved the distressed look, keeps my crap, and there's one less thing to rummage for at the bottom of my purse. Definitely happy with it a few hours in.

EDIT: Did I say "kind of love it" I completely love it! This is the best case ever. I bought a bother wallet case at the same time and it's so going back. BookBook it is!

Last edited by a moderator:

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
How's the flash supposed to work with that hole in the back cover? I think you need to go back to the shoemaker!

ha, the flash works fine (as does flashlight app) the hole is large enough. Im actually going to cut a smaller hole in a new case as I never use the flash.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
that case is insanely expensive...

any cheaper alternatives? i do like it but not for the price iv seen

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
that case is insanely expensive...

any cheaper alternatives? i do like it but not for the price iv seen

"insanely expensive" might be a bit of a stretch as it's $15-$20 more than many of the popular big name cases, but yeah you pay somewhat of a premium. Keep in mind that it's likely the very things that you like about the case that drive the cost up. In my estimation it's less about the fact that it looks like a book and more about the convincing materials that "sell" it as a book. It's not cheap faux leather and you pay a bit more for that. In fact, I'm surprised it doesn't cost even more.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I really love this case, unfortunately wear slimmer jeans that benefits most from thinner cases. If I wasn't doing that I would rock this!

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
ha, the flash works fine (as does flashlight app) the hole is large enough. Im actually going to cut a smaller hole in a new case as I never use the flash.

as much as I initially did not like the bookbook w/o the hole, with the camera hole it looks like you're holding a "hidden" camera to the uninitiated

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
love mine, just wish there was a hole for the camera, but i'll probably just cut one if its needed.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Got mine on Saturday. My wife surprised me with it as an early b-day gift.

I have to say, I love the quality and design of the product. My only complaint is how tight it is. I have my drivers license, debit card, insurance card, a few bills and my kroger plus card - it detracts from the style of the case as it has become too bulky.

ECUSnare

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2011
What would be the best way to mod a camera + flash hole on this case? I love it, but I take a lot of pictures with my iphone and it's slight pain with this case.

chillhase

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
What would be the best way to mod a camera + flash hole on this case? I love it, but I take a lot of pictures with my iphone and it's slight pain with this case.

go to a nearby shoemaker. they know how to treat leather properly

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
Hate to revive an old thread but i just wanted to know how all the users are liking their BookBook cases? its been over a month now for most of yall and i'd like to know what yall think after this amount of time. Thanks!

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
Hate to revive an old thread but i just wanted to know how all the users are liking their BookBook cases? its been over a month now for most of yall and i'd like to know what yall think after this amount of time. Thanks!

I freakin love it! It's wearing well, it smells great, haven't had any trouble with carrying cash. I fold it in half and crease the binding edge so the phone still closes. It's the best for me...and I'm totally OCD about cases.

RLesko

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Hope I'm not necro-ing this thread too hard but I try not to start new threads and we all chastise people for not using the search function :p

Anyways, really considering getting a BookBook since I love its' elegance and I usually carry minimal amounts of cash and an ID+a few cards.

To those who have one:

1) Is it hard to type with? I text a fair amount, does it get in the way to fold the cover back and type?

2) Exactly how clunky is it? I would like to be able to stick in my pocket. I wear "normal" fitted clothing. Not baggy, not skinny.

3) How many cards can comfortably fit? Ideally I'd like to slide my ID, and two cards per slot (credit card and atm card in one, misc. card and health insurance card in the other).

Thanks.

Alaerian

Jan 6, 2005
A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
1) Is it hard to type with? I text a fair amount, does it get in the way to fold the cover back and type?

2) Exactly how clunky is it? I would like to be able to stick in my pocket. I wear "normal" fitted clothing. Not baggy, not skinny.

3) How many cards can comfortably fit? Ideally I'd like to slide my ID, and two cards per slot (credit card and atm card in one, misc. card and health insurance card in the other).
Typing is easy. No more difficult than a naked iPhone.

Think double thickness of an iPhone.

2 cards per slot is a no go. An ID and 2 cards, small amount of cash or another card in the behind slot.

RLesko

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Typing is easy. No more difficult than a naked iPhone.

Think double thickness of an iPhone.

2 cards per slot is a no go. An ID and 2 cards, small amount of cash or another card in the behind slot.

Thank you for clearly and succinctly answer my questions :)

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Exactly the same as me ;)

You know what's the problem? Credit cards and phones don't match, because the phone de-magnetizes the credit card.

No way phones de-magnetize anything....funny thing is I have a bill fold/wallet with a magnet (pretty powerful) and I keep my cards in it. No de-magnetizations yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.