Bought a 6s Plus today instead.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macs4u, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Macs4u macrumors 6502

Well... I preordered the 7 Plus 128GB in Matte Black as soon as it became live. Was told September 16th delivery. That day came and went and when I called, they said "Oh its Oct 3rd now". Then yesterday got a message saying "Oh its Oct 17th now". Totally fed up I went to the local O2 store and had a hold of a 7 Plus and you know what? It is just not worth the upgrade from a 6s Plus. The dual camera isn't that much of a benefit if you're serious about photography. I don't plan on swimming with my phone and the button is kind of..meh.

I got the 6s Plus 128gb for less a month , with 6 times the amount of data allowance and for half the upfront cost. Oh and in 12 months I can upgrade with no penalty for the iPhone 7s/8 next year.

I think the sheer hype of the phone is silly as its really not that great in my opinion.

Matt

2. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

EVeryone hates waiting for new tech. It's silly as the weeks before seem to take ages but then when you have the device, months fly by in what feels like a few weeks.

I just sold a phone and was ready to buy the Note7, and have just realised i might be waiting until the end of Oct!!

3. x34 macrumors 6502

congratulations to your new 6s plus - but well dude, the dual camera is indeed much better than the 6s plus camera... love it! but hey, to each their own - so have fun!

4. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

No doubt the camera is better but even with the 2x I wouldn't say it is "much" better. Each to their own as you say.

Matt

5. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

6. phoneme macrumors member

7. kingdf, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

kingdf macrumors regular

I would never buy a 6S+ over a 7+. I just upgraded from my 6+ to my new 7+ a few days ago but mainly because Verizon bought it from me for the $650 credit towards the 7+. 3GB ram, quad core processor, dual speakers, better battery, water resistance, etc. No way I'd opt for a 6S+ over it but just my opinion. 6S+ is still a good phone, as is the 6/6+.

You could've easily reserved the 7+ online at an apple store and bought it there the next day. Thats what I did after cancelling my preorder.

8. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

I see where you are coming from but the 3gb ram is not a bonus as I'm not a heavy user, the processor is fine in the 6s plus , this is really fast with iOS 10, the battery will be fine , as I say , not a heavy user, water resistance I have never had and never needed it. Dual speakers I would have benefited from but not for the massive cost difference of my contract.
    Matt

9. sifontesc macrumors regular

sifontesc

You are an example of the typical lady at the counter shouting at the manager because her order was 2 minutes late. seriously? You went to something old of last year because you couldnt wait a couple of days? Dude, have you been following forums? orders are being delivered before due dates, guy with nov delivery got his iphoen as well as
    october. its called under promise, over delivered

2 cents, like guy said above

TO EACH THEIR OWN
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2016 ---
    i FEEL you are trying to come here and justify why it was good choice and you are having a buyers remorse and jelly of us because we have iphone 7s

10. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

OH REALLY?? I was told September 16th , then October 3rd , then October 17th! Which "due date" have they delivered before??

It isn't 2 minutes late. Its weeks late. I needed a phone so a few days I can tolerate , literally weeks late I cannot.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2016 ---
    Jelly? Do you mean jealous? LOL why would I be jealous of something that I can afford? I am having no remorse. If I was I wouldn't have cancelled the order.

11. sifontesc macrumors regular

sifontesc

Its simple, iphone 7+ > 6 plus dude. What did you save?? 100 dollars? 200? you could have gotten 7 plus and stick with it for more years than a 6 plus.

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Nothing wrong with the 6S+. It is a great device.

13. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

Simple it is not. It's simple if you think it is. It wasn't about the saving. I went to have a play with one today and if it was amazing I would have just bought a cheap phone and waited. For me, it was not much better, if any, than the 6s Plus. Perhaps the iP8 will be and I will get a free upgrade to that in 12 months on my contract that is nearly half price and I get 6x more data allowance (30gb) so to me, I made the right choice. I only posted on here for my view in case somebody hadn't held one and played with it and was being fobbed off with delivery dates as I was. Typically on public forums you pounce and spout rubbish about being jealous. Jealousy hasn't even come into it. Common sense, maybe.

14. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

Dude is just trying to justify his impatience and purchase of an older phone. I can only laugh at you!
    I ordered mine on Sep 9th and won't get it till the 4th at the earliest.

15. sifontesc macrumors regular

sifontesc

Thats what I said, i mean he has valid points but i would have never done that.

16. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

The price difference between the two is only $120. It's the reason I returned my wife's 6s plus and got her a 7 plus. I couldn't justify paying that for a year old phone.

17. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

Not trying to justify anything. Feel free to laugh. Im 38, not 12, literally wouldn't bother me in the slightest. People often have inflated egos/confidence when they aren't face to face with a real person.

18. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I'm 60, not 38 or 12, and concur with your sentiment. The internet is today's CB radio. :D

19. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

Might be that difference where you live but for me the 7+ was £100 upfront and £58 a month for unlimited min/texts and 5gb data. Ive got the 6s plus for £50, unlimited mins/texts, 30gb data and its costing me £30 a month.

Thats £722 difference over the contract when you factor in the line rental and upfront cost. A BIG cost difference.

20. mrex, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

6S plus, not the regular one.. Huge difference between 6+ and 6S+.

and as im having 6S+ myself, i dont see any point to get the regular one, iphone7, either. Minor changes... Im waiting for s-models until even think about upgrading... i dont see any point doing it now.

21. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Do people who buy a 6+ "instead" want a trophy or something? Congrats on last years phone? I mean it's a great phone but you don't need to justify your purchase by making it seem like it's a better buy because the 7 isn't much of an upgrade. News flash, for 100 some more it is.

22. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

Not trying to "justify" anything. Perhaps read the whole thread before replying? I was actually posting to possibly help somebody else in my situation. Shouldn't have bothered really.

23. Pod4477 macrumors member

Pod4477

Happy to hear you're happy OP. I don't know if they are still doing them, but I had mine preordered and decided to reserve one at the  Store 2 days later and got the exact same phone. It's possible unless you want a Jet Black 7+. The 6s and 6s+ are still very good phones and there isn't a huge difference over the last year. Although, I do like the new features.

24. Thatdownsofboy macrumors member

What did you save $5 bucks a month? You would have been better off getting a 7 plus in a different non popular color. The battery life, extra gig of ram, stereo speakers, camera, A10 and, upgraded front camera, better haptics, water proofing are all worth the few extra bucks and a little patients.

25. sifontesc macrumors regular

sifontesc

OP. all the stuff you said about not wanting the iphone 7 plus because of stuff you dont need you might as well go back to 2007 and get the basic iphone or better yet go get a simple galaxy or nokia that can text and call because thats how phone upgrades work, they improve a little bit and a little bit more. it wont be a MAJOR difference per year...