Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
I would never buy a 6S+ over a 7+. I just upgraded from my 6+ to my new 7+ a few days ago but mainly because Verizon bought it from me for the $650 credit towards the 7+. 3GB ram, quad core processor, dual speakers, better battery, water resistance, etc. No way I'd opt for a 6S+ over it but just my opinion. 6S+ is still a good phone, as is the 6/6+.

You could've easily reserved the 7+ online at an apple store and bought it there the next day. Thats what I did after cancelling my preorder.

that is abit differend story. you really cant compare upgrading from 6+ to 7 with 6S+ to 7.

6+ was slower spec phone, only having 1gb ram... 6S+ has 2gb ram, and also better specs.

Reactions: sunking101

Elisha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2006
Not trying to justify anything. Feel free to laugh. Im 38, not 12, literally wouldn't bother me in the slightest. People often have inflated egos/confidence when they aren't face to face with a real person.
You started the thread and set yourself up.
The only advantage of the older phone is the headphone jack.
And I wouldn't pay more than $500 for last year's technology but you seem to think you're doing a PSA!
Good luck with your crusade.

Reactions: akdj

sifontesc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
And I wouldn't pay more than $500 for last year's technology but you seem to think you're doing a PSA!

hahaha, what is PSA? Exactly

OP, Return the phone and get a 7+ in a diff color/size available in store.

Thatdownsofboy

macrumors member
May 10, 2015
I see where you are coming from but the 3gb ram is not a bonus as I'm not a heavy user, the processor is fine in the 6s plus , this is really fast with iOS 10, the battery will be fine , as I say , not a heavy user, water resistance I have never had and never needed it. Dual speakers I would have benefited from but not for the massive cost difference of my contract.
Matt
I hear you bro. Im on record for saying I would not upgrade to the 7 if I had a 6s/plus unless I was on a yearly contract. I'm upgrading from a regular 6 plus. In your case, I hands down would just wait for a 7/plus. Your monthly saving just aren't significant enough to make much difference. As I said before, just go buy a non popular colored 7 plus and call it a day!

Macs4u

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Stoke on Trent

Sometimes people want to post to try to help people. Some people also come to public forums to ridicule people and seem to enjoy that. Thats not my kind of fun. Im paying £410 for the 12 months I will have this and then can upgrade for free to the iPhone 7s/8 if its worth it then so not that bad.

Macs4u

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Im off now anyway. No point in any further comments on this thread. Its obvious the tone its taken, disappointing but totally expected with the internet these days. This is why I don't comment much on here any more. Cya

Reactions: navier and ct2k7

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Well... I preordered the 7 Plus 128GB in Matte Black as soon as it became live. Was told September 16th delivery. That day came and went and when I called, they said "Oh its Oct 3rd now". Then yesterday got a message saying "Oh its Oct 17th now". Totally fed up I went to the local O2 store and had a hold of a 7 Plus and you know what? It is just not worth the upgrade from a 6s Plus. The dual camera isn't that much of a benefit if you're serious about photography. I don't plan on swimming with my phone and the button is kind of..meh.

I got the 6s Plus 128gb for less a month , with 6 times the amount of data allowance and for half the upfront cost. Oh and in 12 months I can upgrade with no penalty for the iPhone 7s/8 next year.

I think the sheer hype of the phone is silly as its really not that great in my opinion.

Matt

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the 7 Plus doesn't offer enough compared to the 6 Plus to make the upgrade worthwhile. That's certainly a reasonable conclusion for you that may or may not apply to others. Cost of the device and service also factor in. For example, I have a 7 Plus on order, but I might change my mind if someone offered me a 6S Plus with a huge discount on my monthly carrier cost.

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
have fun with a worst display. wider color gamut + 25% brighter display makes a world of a difference. you'll also be missing out on stereo speakers, better battery life, water resistance, as well as the portrait mode due out in less than a month. to each their own though. i prefer the advancements listed above.

oh and also, not to mention the A10 fusion chip which does better in terms of GPU performance using less power.

Reactions: Michmeister

Michmeister

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
You are an example of the typical lady at the counter shouting at the manager because her order was 2 minutes late. seriously? You went to something old of last year because you couldnt wait a couple of days? Dude, have you been following forums? orders are being delivered before due dates, guy with nov delivery got his iphoen as well as
october. its called under promise, over delivered

2 cents, like guy said above

TO EACH THEIR OWN
[doublepost=1474746374][/doublepost]

i FEEL you are trying to come here and justify why it was good choice and you are having a buyers remorse and jelly of us because we have iphone 7s
Same here. My phone is being delivered Monday after getting a November date originally
Have 6+ now but definitely want the 7plus in jet black.. Can't wait. I love new home button and camera. Well worth it to me. Plus 650.00 credit is awesome deal.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
You started the thread and set yourself up. Good luck with your crusade.
This persons attitude is revealing of who they are...

Sometimes people want to post to try to help people.
This person demonstrates wisdom and logical thinking.

My personal hands on experience with the iPhone 6S Plus _and_ iPhone 7 Plus reinforces the fact that they're both very nice. I read nearly every rumor and report leading up to the 7 launch.

My decision was to buy three 7 models for family members that requested them, but keep enjoying my 6S Plus simply because nothing about iPhone 7 appeals to me. Worse, several "features of iPhone 7" are unacceptable for my preferences.

Anyone that has experience and the courage to be honest knows that newer is _not_ always better. I don't need a better camera, I don't need a haptic button. My ego doesn't need being seen with the latest.

It's just a phone.

So, in my case I'm appreciating the iPhone 6S Plus more than ever.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
What did you save $5 bucks a month? You would have been better off getting a 7 plus in a different non popular color. The battery life, extra gig of ram, stereo speakers, camera, A10 and, upgraded front camera, better haptics, water proofing are all worth the few extra bucks and a little patients.

OP is not a heavy user, so the extra battery life is not a must have.
So called stereo speakers are not overwhelming or even stereo
It's not waterproofing, but water resistant.
A10 CPU is nice, but in some hands-on with the speed difference, its either nonexistent and the iPhone 6s is faster in start ups. Gaming is a bit faster, but not a priority or maybe it's nonexistent there either.

I returned my 7 and kept the 6S because the 7 is not that much better. Hoping the iPhone 8 or whatever it's called will be the one to get.

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
I agree that the 6s plus is a great device. It is a very hard choice to want to upgrade from that for sure. There aren't a whole lot of differences between my old 6s plus and my 7 plus. But if I were buying a new device and did not have a 6s plus I would have gotten then newest model for sure. Especially if you keep your devices without upgrading every year. Unless your just trying to save money which I completely understand you might as well get the latest model.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
Not trying to justify anything. Feel free to laugh. Im 38, not 12, literally wouldn't bother me in the slightest. People often have inflated egos/confidence when they aren't face to face with a real person.

obviously you want iphone 7 but can't wait for it. instead, you list all of the excuses that it is not worthy so that it justifies your decision going with one-year-old phone, that will devalue quickly next year.

water resistance is not important to you but for others, it could mean a dead phone in the sink and the cost of replacing one. it is like a protection insurance without extra cost.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
Im off now anyway. No point in any further comments on this thread. Its obvious the tone its taken, disappointing but totally expected with the internet these days. This is why I don't comment much on here any more. Cya

I know you are still reading this thread and trying to use one-year-old phone. why would anyone want to buy iphone 6s now and watch its value plummet unless it is half price off.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
Some of you need to reread the thread so you see the post where he explained that he's saving about 700+ by doing what he's done. You'd think that he'd offended some of you personally by choosing a different phone tbh.

He never mentioned about saving 700+ beside mentioning half upfront cost, whatever that mean.

many people are enjoying their new phones, and he came in saying it is just hype. his choosing a different phone is not offensive since it is his choice and money. but he said iphone 7 is just hype and made it sounds like he is making the right decision while others are not.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
If you want the 7 plus now you can find it. Monitor Apple's web site. During the order process there is a place where you can designate the store you want to pick it up from. Randomly check in on that and the phone you want might just show up. That's what I did a couple of days ago. I started checking at 3pm then continued to check randomly. After about a hour I found a black 128 att 7 plus in Mission Viejo for next day in store pickup.

Reactions: MathersMahmood

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
He never mentioned about saving 700+ beside mentioning half upfront cost, whatever that mean.

many people are enjoying their new phones, and he came in saying it is just hype. his choosing a different phone is not offensive since it is his choice and money. but he said iphone 7 is just hype and made it sounds like he is making the right decision while others are not.

What did this bit mean, then? The savings over the length of the contract is perfectly valid, and a good rebuttal to all the people telling him he was foolish when the 7 was only 'a bit' more. Obviously it's not just 'a bit' more in his situation.

Thats £722 difference over the contract when you factor in the line rental and upfront cost. A BIG cost difference.

He gave his reasons and then said that in his opinion he didn't think the upgrade was worth it. I don't see the problem with that, and your last sentence shows that you're being rather defensive. He even said right in his post 'in his opinion', not something you can particularly argue with.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
You could've checked inventory of stores in your area and picked one up like I did. I was originally waiting for October 14th but I walked out today with a 256gb black 7 plus

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
I know you are still reading this thread and trying to use one-year-old phone. why would anyone want to buy iphone 6s now and watch its value plummet unless it is half price off.

Well ... let me tell you what I did... I had an iPhone 7 which I upgraded from an iPhone SE. Which I got that when I gave my fiancée my 6s Plus back in April. So after going from april to September I realized I wanted my bigger screen ... so I got the iPhone 7 and kept it a few days and I honestly decided the upgrade wasn't worth it ... I went back to my SE UNTIL Wednesday when a coworker of mine sold his iPhone 6s Plus to me for LESS THAN $200.

Now I have a 6s Plus that I can hold until September when the real "upgrade" comes and an iPhone SE that I can sale for MORE THAN the $200 that I paid for the 6s Plus.

I have no remorse and haven't thought of an iPhone 7 since... this will be the first year since the iPhone 4 that I haven't upgraded.

My silver 6s Plus for free is doing me QUITE WELL.
[doublepost=1474759060][/doublepost]If anyone in this thread would be honest with themselves then they would realize the iPhone 7 is not much of an upgrade at all.

Apple phoned this year in to look forward to next year.

I had the iPhone 7 so I know by experience and I seen the boot ups compared to the 6s In person with my fiancée's 6s Plus.

I realize the A10 is a masterful mobile chip, but the A9 is no slouch.

The iPhone 7 is not an essential upgrade for iPhone 6s users the way that the 6s was for 6 users or the way the 6 was for 5s users.

iPhone 7 is great don't get me wrong, but actin like an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus is trash now just because the 7.released is not only untrue, but ludicrous. They're BOTH great phones and honestly the 7 isn't worth an upgrade if you have an iPhone 6s or even an SE FOR THAT MATTER

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.