iPhone XS Max Bought the XS Max; already regret it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -Ray-, Sep 24, 2018.

1. -Ray- macrumors regular

-Ray-

This morning I picked up my XS Max pre-order. This is my first time using the larger screen version of any device. The iPhone X was the largest screen I had ever had up until now.

I decided to go with the Max model as my fingers are large and it was trouble some to type as my I would constantly miss spell works because of my finger size.

I regret the Max. Its damn near impossible to type with one hand and everything seems zoomed in some apps. I have to be honest and say that I prefer the regular sized model over the Max.

I will be downgrading. Anyone else have similar complaints.

2. Duheeat macrumors newbie

Duheeat

Coming from a 7 plus, I like the max. Yes it is harder to reach the top of the screen, but I normally use two hands on my phones.

3. haqsha23 macrumors 6502a

haqsha23

that's why there are multiple options. Screen/phone size is not a one size fits all type of deal.

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Nope. I was born with congenital Two-Handed Syndrome. No problems here. :)

5. justinf77 macrumors 6502

Give yourself a week to adjust to the size. If you still don’t like the Max after a week just return it.

I was a bit overwhelmed with the Max (coming from the X) when I first got it but now I love it and wouldn’t want to go back to a smaller screen size.

6. chicla74 macrumors newbie

No regrets at all !!!! iPhones XS Max Gold and Grey !!!!

7. praterkeith macrumors 6502

praterkeith

That’s what I’m concerned about too. Back when the 6+ was released, I bought it, and after a year, I went to a 6. A year later I got the 7, which is what I’m using now. I went into the Verizon store and the screen on the XS Max was so beautiful that I jumped on it. It’ll be here tomorrow. I’ll use it for a week, and if it doesn’t work out, I’ll exchange it for an XS.
    As far as everything seeming zoomed in, just give the developers time to update their apps. Everything will level out.

8. Newtons Apple, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

You did not think it might be difficult to type on with one hand before you bought it?:rolleyes:

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

One reason i'm not so quick to jump and upgrade and passed this year. One of the things that make the phones great is the apps. Those take while to update. Google Authenticator for example just got iPhone X support a week or so ago. By the time apps are updated to support your device. Depending on the extent of the required changes. your device may no longer be current.

10. -Ray- thread starter macrumors regular

-Ray-

Ill give it a week. I guess its just weird to get use to. I also got the gold thinking it would be closer to the gold of the 7 but its more of a rose gold. Im okay with it though.

11. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

No regrets. Yes I have to use it 2 handed, yes it's cumbersome and doesn't fit great in my pocket. But! I love the screen size and to me that outweighs the negatives. I did get a cellular watch this time as I can see myself using that so I'm not having to pull out my phone all the time. I think that will help.

12. bpeeps macrumors 68030

bpeeps

Yes, multiple people have similar complaints as noted in the 10 threads on the forums about this topic already.

13. blacksurfer macrumors regular

I went for the XS from the 8+ and I'm liking the size.

14. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

Give it a few days before making any decisions. I used the plus size phones for a long time before the X, and now it is a bit of a culture shock to be back using a large phone like the Max.

15. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

At least there is the 14 day return option.

I will say this, give it a few days and if you then still feel the same, return it. But, be true and give it a good go, don’t use any other smaller devices in the interim.

16. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Nope. I adjusted already. Take it back though if you’re not happy though.

17. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

Give the apps time to be updated. It always takes the developers some time to update the apps to fit properly on the new screen size.

18. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

That’s what I like about the 14 day return policy. Give it a few days just to be sure and return for an XS. Just be careful you don’t run out of days. The day you got it is day one, next day is day two.

19. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

You think a 6.5 inch device would be easy to type on one hand, really?

and apps will be bigger at the moment until developers update their apps.

You certainly shouldn't return it after 1 day. Leave it at least a week to adjust.

20. -Ray- thread starter macrumors regular

-Ray-

I have fun reach on the device and could with ease on the X. Its just the size thats throwing me off. Im going to give it a week and then return if i do not like it.

21. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030

ugahairydawgs

I used the plus sized phones for the 6, 6S and 7. Went to the X when it came out and there was a definite adjustment going to the smaller size. I bought a XSM and today is day 1 with it and I’m definitely having to adjust going back to the larger size.

Give it a few days. If you are still not liking it after that then return it. No sense in making a snap decision though with the 2 week return window.

22. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

See that thing on your other arm, it’s called your other hand. Place that other hand on your phone. Problem solved!

23. Nhwhazup, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018

Nhwhazup macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

Honestly, I think you either like the larger size or you don’t. I love the larger phones and have since the 6 Plus. I wouldn’t want to go back to smaller. That said, everyone else in my family has the smaller Apple phones and none have any interest in the larger phones.

24. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

It’s not ‘downgrading’ to get the XS; the Max isn’t a flagship, it’s just a larger sized phone.

IMHO, the Max and all phones of its ilk are ridiculously proportioned.

25. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

I upgraded to an X from a 7+ last year. Loved the X but missed the bigger screen so got the Max and not regretting it one bit!